2.1 Preludes - OOC

That's not how I read it, and certainly not how I intended it to be if that is correct - I was intentionally trying to avoid the Aura of the covenant being high enough to cause yearly warping for the inhabitants.

I just feel that the covenant itself (in the regio) is/should be Aura 5, and the Clijara manor-house on the "real-world" level has something lower...say Aura 2.

Maybe it would help if we had different names for the manor house in the real world and for the parallel in the regio? Maybe "the Righthouse" and "Stately Phoenix Manor"?

Of course , i read this as terrible Geek Divinity and wondered which one it was.

I've been using "Cijara" as the name of the Righthouse (which is technically incorrect, since Cijara seems to be part of many names around there), and "Phoenix Covenant" or "Phoenix Regio" for the regio space. I like Righthouse and Lefthouse too, though, and I think it'll add flavor to the

You're suggesting that the Aura boons apply to the aura of the Regio, and not the other area? ~checks descriptions~ Ah, okay, I thought for some reason the Regio Major Boon automatically gave you an Aura 5 in the Regio. I have no objection to Cijara being Aura 0-3. Shall we say Aura 3 for Cijara and Aura 5 in the Regio?

Your storyteller is your Geek Divinity!

And the Outhouse would be ...

I wonder what kind of lifespan will be expected for a certain person , if they regularly say things like:

"Cersei the Sow" , "That incestous pox-ridden whore deserved to die , may she rot in Hell!" and
"No wonder we have Demons here , as the rump-rider of the soggy sow has not confessed and repented his sins."

~blink~ Sometimes, you really go to your own special little regio, don't you? Where did that come from?

Well , you did use the names of published characters from a well known book.

There is no in-character reason to be so rude and insulting , just wondering how all the various religious people might react.
The Order of Hermes , in general , might be tolerant of incestuous liasons , but what do rank and file ordinary people think.
You have the aftermath of a war , many people killed , someone must be to blame , a high-profile sinner looks like a good candidate.

Okay, that makes TWICE this weekend that people have referenced the Martin books without me getting the reference. ~boggle~ That is quite disturbing.

Okay, back on topic. Yes, the incest angle is meant to be a powder keg. It may very well be the chink in the armor of faith that lets the demons in. I also like the notion that they somehow managed to keep it secret, or at least fool themselves into thinking it still a secret, for 50 years. With Cersei sleeping around with Rafus, Piotyr, and god knows who else.

It was probably Tyrion who managed to keep the lid from blowing off it all.

:cry:
I am never going to be able to write as much as the rest of you.

Do what i did in a previous campaign and just write to The Pope.
Don't wait for replies , just send your missives off on a regular basis.
The Redcaps still have to deliver them , no matter to whom they are addressed.

So what if you don't actually know the Pope , i'm sure that never stopped anyone writing to His Holiness before.

Yup, exactly, the covenant (in the regio) is in Aura 5 (3 + 2 boon), and the mundane level must be lower.

:laughing: Awesome!!! :laughing:

Perfectly fine by me :smiley:

We must certainly expect this kind of talk from the covenfolk, especially given the gift's effects.

Although they'll probably be wise enough to shut up before the magi, of course :laughing:

You and I are gonna be best pals ever :wink:

Like, I didn't even read chico's prelude (Too long for too little time :frowning:) :frowning:

Ya know, we still need someone to step up and choose to be the first arrival/be on the boat.

Cygna can be coming on the boat. Coming from the west coast of England, overland from the covenant of Riversedge to Liverpool, by sea to Lisboa, up the Tagus River to Caceres, overland to Merida, and up the Guadiana to Phoenix.

Hiems will come from the North, as Clair de Lune is in Provence.

BTW, almost finished our future steward :smiley: An arabic (minor) noble lady, called Raoudha Al'Jimni :smiley:

Just to let people know , i will be a bit delayed getting the prelude done for Serrano.
Hopefully in a day or so.
If it is holding up play , just start without me.

My flatmate found out on tuesday , that his dad has cancer and only has a few months left.
As his dad is 97 , any health problems are pretty serious.
Things should be back to normal saturday or sunday.

Compared to the leaves of absence I may have, that's absolutely nothing!

Sorry about that cancer. I just hope his dad won't suffer too much :-/

No , i don't think he will be in too much pain.
He is going to get assisted living arrangements with family in the country for his remaining time.
My flatmate is the eldest son , but would not be able to cope.

May he and his entire family find peace and comfort in the months to come.

Thanks for that.

Um...it's been five days since the last post in the "2.1 Preludes - Cijara / Phoenix Covenant" thread. Are we waiting for something from me that I missed, or...?