2.1 Preludes - OOC

That's okay...when we do something stupid, we can all use the excuse that we're still wet behind the ears.

Okay, now why am I now hearing this in Edward G Robinson's voice?

Just out of curiosity, what opinion has he formed of us?

If I need to roll, I got a 1d10=5 on my roll, Folk Ken of 2 (specialty: magi), and I'm assuming Per (which is 0), for a total of 5+2+1+0=8. If it's Int instead of Per, that would make it a 12.

Since there hasn't been a lot of RP to establish outfits, much less character personalities, the OOC answer here is "one to be determined later."

In game, Cygna can tell that Jaime recognizes her as being from Stonehenge Tribunal, and can tell she has a hot temper. He seems to recognize the other magi, though he is less familiar with Amos and Hiems than the others.

In other news, I note that Ravenscroft has yet to add Serrano or his associated data to the Phoenix wiki and there are actually 6 magi, not 5.

Edit: Were this still Jaime Lannister's story, we would have seen brief flashbacks to the comrades-in-arms whom you each remind him of. But this is not his story, it is a new one.

Oh , is that what that is for. :astonished:
I was wondering what is the correct amount of bereavement xp i can expect to add to Serrano?

Hiems, depressive power in action :smiley:

Your power of depression is nothing to the party-deadening power of Limp-Asparagus Lad.

Please edit, delete, and/or use as you see fit, Amul. :slight_smile: Just wanted to clarify Fati's reactions to the Gift after I had some time to think about it. Ravenscroft made a very good point - why would they be so happy and cheerful of the new arrivals?

And we DO still have "Strong Community", so it makes sense that some of the leaders are still working together a lot, even if the minions themselves - I mean, the rest of the humiliores are divided by their religion... :slight_smile:

Chico, all I can say is that was well and truly awesome. I tip my hat to you, sir!

Seconded!

I encourage everyone to pick grogs/villagers to join in the plotting against the nasty new magi. They should probably go in their own thread...

Oh, and is there some standard correspondence between seasons and dates that ArM uses?

You mean as far as Spring starts on the mundane date so-and-so-and-such-and-such? I'm not familiar with anything official/canonical. Most campaigns I've seen have the season starting on the equinox/solstice, but I think JeanMichelle had his Spring starting on March 1.

I did find a saga page that actually has the dates for equinoxes, solstices, and new and full moons for 1213. It also has that information for every year from 1210-1219 and up to 1240.

Did you mean Rebecca, or was there another unreferenced character at the meeting? (sorry, as a writer, these things jump out at me). And am I correct in assuming that "that cute one" they think Daniella might try to crawl into bed with (since she speaks some English?) would be Terrence?

Blargh... typo. Yeah, meant Rebecca. Going to correct now.

Hmmm... and I was trying to reference Serrano since he was the only other magus with Gentle Gift, but I just went and checked his stats and realized he's got no Presence so he shouldn't be termed "cute..."

...wait, NOBODY has Venus's Blessing or Curse? (Just did a sweep of all the character sheets)... I mean, someone ALWAYS chooses one or the other in every campaign I've ever played... wow...we'll just have to guess at which one Rebecca was referring, but it could be Terrance, since he's "Judged Unfairly" - she could be assuming he has a bad reputation as a womanizer...

If it makes you feel any better, when I was designing Viscaria for JM's campaign, I decided to take Faerie Upbringing instead of Venus Blessing so that at some point Viscaria could announce loudly that she intends to spend the next season procreating, and that any interested villagers should make arrangements with the autocrat/steward.

I was mainly going by the "she does speak some English" bit, and afaik, the only newcomers who speak English are Cygna's herd.

But the thing about Terrence being "judged unfairly" makes sense...especially if/when it gets out that he was ogling Viscaria drifting with her shift clinging "provocatively" to her form. (yes, she has the gift and he obviously doesn't trust them...but he's a guy and she's in a wet t-shirt :laughing: )

Hrmm....would The Gift make Terrence think Viscaria is "totally asking for it, if she's going to dress like that" ?

Nothing in the RAW to suggest it , afaik , generally fear and mistrust.
But if you do find someone attractive , maybe you attribute it to their sinful nature "making" you feel that way.
The Blatant Gift might make you sexually assault that person.

For myself , i find the concept of a Dwarf ( Size -02!) acting in a sexually provocative manner quite off-putting.
Her Presence is only +01 , she is hardly a raving beauty , if going by the numbers.
Dwarf to me is a Major Flaw , not a sexy , young , waif-like nymph who is 3 feet tall.
(yes , i freely admit my Catholic upbringing and prejudice is showing)

I do realize that there is strong fae blood: dwarf to modify the Dwarf Flaw.

Yup, I enjoyed it through and through, that was awesome!! :smiley:

Hiems has the blessing :laughing:
So they could be talking about him... though, to their eyes, this is probably the devil's blessing and some infernal charm to be avoided.

Wizards Communion is a bit tricksy:

• 1 extra magus may join per 5 lvls of the spell to be cast
  • 1 of the magi in the group must also know the spell
  • Sum the levels of Wizard Communion by the group to get effective total. Total Level must be 2xSpell To Be Cast
  • Cast as if SpellTo Be Cast's level is divided by number of magi in group
  • add one botch die per magus in group

Okay, so I got the description wrong when Jaime was saying 4 people. He meant "4th magnitude." That'll teach me. Or rather, it probably WON'T.....

According to our timeline, Rafas is currently only known as a Reconquista activist who has been accused of attacking other magi, violating OoH law in the name of Christianity, and diabolism,, but never convicted of anything. However, Hiems' opinion as expressed is one held by many, and so may either be his view, or the view of those whom he heard of Rafas from.

S'okay, that's what the Edit button is for :slight_smile:

So, if I'm understanding right, we can have up to 1+(40รท5)=9 magi in the casting group, one of whom has to know Wizard's Communion and one Aegis of the Hearth.
But is that right, that the total of Wizard's Communion in the group has to be twice that of the Aegis of the Hearth? I thought it was the other way around. flipflipflipread Ooooh shit.
I blew it, guys. When I did my Lab Texts for the Library for the covenant-building, I intentionally put Aegis at twice the level of Wizard's Communion thinking that the Aegis total had to be twice the Wizard's Communion, so only one of us had to know it. Now it look like four of us are going to have to know Wizard's Communion to cast Aegis, the way things stand now.

Do we want to suck it up, play things the way they fell out, or do we want to tweak the Aegis and Wizard's Communion levels to make casting Aegis this season doable? And I'm not that familiar with how magic resistance and penetration actually work in 5th ed - is a Level 40 Aegis Archmage-level magic? Would a level 20 or 30 be more reasonable for how powerful Phoenix was? Or should we just invest in sharks with giant lasers mounted on their heads?