2.1 Preludes - OOC

Man, take most of a day off and I've got sooooo much reading to do! :laughing:

You know, for some reason, I just assumed that Cygna would be the first one to get into a fistfight :smiley: (am still in the library scenes), not Hiems and Serrano.

I think I'm pretty good about attributing Cygna in my posts, but I'll go back to putting [color=red]her words in red. And I think I'll try putting Adorjan's words, [color=orange]that only she can hear, in orange.

There is a Christian Church, Jewish Temple and Muslim Mosque all in Cijara. This information is on the wiki.

According to the time-based map of the Reconquista, Toledo was Christian for the last 50 years, and so has been converted fully to Christianity. Toledo is therefore already a strong Christian stronghold, with many mosques that have been converted to churches.

By the same information, Trujillo is currently Muslim, but is due to switch over within the next 50 years, likely much sooner. So, the lands are more Christian to the north and east, less so to the west and south.

Therefore, there are new-ish monasteries and nunneries to the north-east. I'm going to rule that the nearest ones are 2-4 days walk NE of here, and details will be determined as the need arises, unless somebody finds cool historical information they want to add.

Players previously posted a link saying that Castiblanco had a Templar presence. I can't find the link just now, but will look for it again. In the game setting, that Templar outpost is very new -- the magi will discover that it is being established during the first council meeting, in a few days game time.

ArM once again switches frequently between English and Metric, sometimes saying 20km and sometimes saying 20 miles. This map shows a 20mile and 20km radius from the Covenant. According to the books, Phoenix claims a 20km sphere of influence, but you can 20 miles is a full day's travel. That map, and other maps of the surrounding area, can be found on the wiki. The second map on that page shows that Castiblanco and Helechosa de los Montes are both close enough to go there, do business, and come back within a day.

Edit: Pick your preference:

1. Any nearby monastery or nunnery is being built as the game begins
  2. They've been built within the last 1-2 years
  3. They've been built within the last 10-20 years, and are well-established

Just read the IC thread, so now I understand where the question is coming from.

Serrano can know, if he chooses, about the Templars setting up shop in Castiblanco. If he wants a monastery, then make one up that is 3 days' journey (2 days as the crow flies) north-northeast of here.

I have but one thing to say.

Bravo! Well played, and the battle might technically be mine but the war is DEFINITELY yours. :laughing: I wonder how big a favor I'm going to end up owing Jamie and Serrano... think he's gonna make me be the probationary member? :laughing:

I came so close to having Cygna start singing when she sat down against the wall - something slow and sad-ish along the lines of The Minstrel Boy, but I figured if I did, one (or more) of the vines would come up and join her in song, and I didn't want this turning into The Muppet Show.:smiley:

And now we see why they're called the Gossiping Grapevines.

Sooo many things to read!!! T-T

I've actually got Augustus and Brigitte written up - will try to post tonight. With Gerard, you've got a language problem with one but not the other.

to use Fixer's emote - o_O

There is EVERYTHING to be gained by speaking - that's like the third time I've confronted you about the botched/misread words and how I interpreted it. Why wouldn't you refute it? lol - I can't tell if you're just stoking the fires in preparation of really roasting me/Amos.

Serrano has never lived , nor was trained in a single Covenant.
He and his Master have always been guests , of the working and paying type.
Most Covenants have clearly defined Guest Rules regarding the duties of the guest and the obligation of the host.

Most likely this is the first ever certamen challenge he has had thrown at him , for what seems (to him) very trivial reasons.
He does not need this Covenant , he can go back to his known lifestyle.
The prospect of living for years with a lying , bird-felching , arseholier than thou magus has little appeal.
(Having seen Amos transform from a bird form , confirm his suspicions of chicken-molestation)

Lol. I'm sorry, I'm seeing two old Archamagi of a Covenant that have had a Pranks War going on for 200 years... with magic.

Don't see any reason why not.

All the shield Grogs are trying to chase down Fati! He'll love it, especially challenging them a bit just to show some of the tricks an old dog knows, even if he can't keep up with them anymore, but it's going to take me a bit to come up with a response for everyone. Expect something from Fati in about 20 hours (will be deciding/drafting during work tomorrow).

As long as he limits himself to chickens, I'll be fine :laughing:

Amos has Size -01 , which will carry through to his other forms.
As a Kestrel: Base Size = -04 , -01 for Small Frame , -01 for being a male bird = -06

Cygna has little to fear from this puny partridge.
Actually , a partridge is larger at Size -05.
Pages 58 & 59 in Lords of Men.

Don't Bjornaer traditionally hate other shapeshifters as hereditary enemies?

IIRC, yes they do.

Had i realized , that instead of the supposedly fearsome raptor (kestrel) ,
something the size of a willy wagtail , had appeared ,
Serrano would have fallen on the ground laughing instead , the whole roflmao bit.

I thought a kestrel was -3 or -2 since they're the same size as falcons... dude... I'm tiny :open_mouth: . Heh... if I were a REAL magical animal that would be a great familiar! :slight_smile:

Actually... I guess I need help picking a new animal then, since I can't be that tiny. Skinchanger only allows sizes up to -5(robin), and I'm sorry, I've never seen a kestrel the size of a robin. Is the kestrel actually defined in Lords of Men (don't have a copy of it) - will change to whatever bird I need to.

And in regards to the whole "Bjornear hate" thing, there still might be a slight stigmata but I'm not a Shapechanger - I'm a Skinchanger, a gift granted to me by a magical kestrel bird. It might be the same level of hatred, but whatever.

In Lords of Men , the Gyrfalcon has size -03 (as does the Goshawk) , the others are -04 and -05.
A kestrel is not as large as a gyrfalcon..
Male birds (hawks & falcons) get -01 size and because Small Frame is a Flaw , that will carry through even with Skinchanger.
So your Robin could be Size -06.

If you take gyrfalcon , you will still have size -05 , and be the size of a robin.