2.1 Preludes - OOC

I see what I was doing wrong - the common kestrel is 12 - 14 inch wingspan, but the American kestrel is only 8-9 inches, normally. It IS a falcon, but it's the smallest of the falcons, so yes - a runt really would only be 4 -5 in... and that's wingspan, not birdlength. Eh... whatever. If -06 size is okay by everyone, I'll stick with being a little bigger than a fly. :slight_smile: One good smack in animal form'll kill me, but I think I got the draw in fast-casting in animal form over anyone (+12 Qik) :slight_smile:. Now... if only I had Mastery over anything for Fast-Cast... so many goals, so many aspirations, so little time...

Oh! I may be wrong, but I think you're safe then. Someone should check, but, serf's parma, bjornaer only hate people with Shapeshift.

Crap - not safe. Not saying you necessarily hate Amos or anything, but unless you're of Clans Sirrah or Maruhs you may still take my shifting as a bad sign - to quote "HoH: Mystery Cults", p17 - "House Bjornear insist that the heartbeat must be awakened during the Ritual of Twelve Years, and believe children who can already shapeshift must be scions of the House's ancient enemies, or else afflicted with the curse of lycanthropy."

And on page 21, "The shapeshifter who uses his innate supernatural power is treated with a supersitutious dread by even the most urbane of the House. Without the Ritual of Twelve Years, these shapeshifters cannot adopt the forms of their ancestral spirits; instead, it is believed, they must acquire spirits from elsewhere."

Good thing I'm not a full shapeshifter that can take on multiple forms. :astonished:

And Cygna sits back, watching this whole debate with a little smirk as she takes a sip of her wine. There's a reason they call us a Mystery Cult, she thinks smugly.

:laughing:

Chico, I may be wrong, but I've always read that as meaning that people with the skinchanger ability didn't have the innate ability to shapeshift, and thus were safe. That it is seen as a MuCo spell. I do'nt see anything in your quotes that contradict that view, is there something else I did miss?

Gerard? checks the Wiki

Hellloooooooo, male nurse! glomp

I believe we're waiting for Ravenscroft to reply to this. Perhaps he finds Serrano repacking his caravan's wagons while the parents go looking for the children?

If i had seen the conversation line , i would have replied already.
Unless i get a new posts update , i don't recheck the old ones.
Though the forum was a bit buggy a few days ago and showing updates , but not posting them.

If it works better , we can have Hiems arrive as Serrano loses the plot at the sight of the sparrow-sized kestrel changing into Amos.
(think chickenhawk and foghorn leghorn)
This is definitely what i would have done , if i had realized what how tiny it was , rather than just walking off.

Given the forum's functionality, I figure people are frequently missing posts, which is why I posted the bump, and why I've been lenient about retcon'ing timeline issues.

I like your idea, Ravenscroft. Go ahead and reply as if he arrives shortly after Amos has spoken, or whenever you are suggesting. Just be clear about when that is.

I actually hadn't noticed any missing posts or forum wonkiness (except for the few minutes Sunday, I think it was, when the forums were down entirely). But then again, I tend to camp the forums anyway :laughing:

As the Covenant is being plagued by size -06 chicken-molesting kestrels ,
all spiders will be given a Muto-ed size increase to -03 and webs will be transformed to be as strong as steel.
:mrgreen:

Does anyone else see Henery Hawk and Foghorn Leghorn every time this comes up? :smiley:

First image that came to mind. :smiley:
All we need is an aged Bjornaer maga to do the role of Miss Prissy.
(not that a hen is suggested as a 'noble' beast-form , being a domesticated critter after all)

Sooo...

what now?

I have no problem scrapping Amos and starting over if Jamie throws him out/burns him to a crisp/etc. I'll still be playing (well, I'll still be playing when work's not being a bio*ch. Ugh.)

I doubt it will come to that extreme , this sort of thing must happen lots due to the fractious nature of magi.
Being Ex Misc , Serrano is doubtless used to all kinds of weird quirks.

Facing the prospect of continual harassment from someone who appears to be willing to certamen at the veritable hat drop otoh.
Just needs the other magi to give their version of events , whatever that is.
Once it has been sorted one way or another , a message can be sent (via Redcap) if Serrano has actually left.

Cool.

The DI bit can be his being distracted by the local church not having a priest.
One of his Dependents would probably mention it.
If someone has been trying to keep the local parish going , his instinct will be to help them.
While he has enough cash to support his people comfortably for a year , being as they (& he) are all Pious ,
everyone will agree to spend the money to get a Priest here asap.

This. Is. Excellent.

Do we want to roleplay this out, or move on to the meeting the next day?

We should probably move on to the meeting , if a sub-plot involving the parish church proves interesting ,
it can be included a bit later.

this is annoying...I like serrano :confused: