2.4 - OOC

...Which one is the rabbi? I'm so confused >.<

Salamanca was controlled by Arabs for a while, Jewish people of the period had a tendency to take names consistent with their rulers or major part of the population.

They're both rabbis. Abraham is a ghost, a Warder and was/is a rabbi. Ibrahim is alive and a rabbi. Most Jewish folk would have trouble worshiping with a ghost, Ra'am certainly would...

Yeah... "Hypothetically, if ghosts existed, could they hold Shabbat services?" isn't exactly something I feel comfortable asking my rabbi :laughing:

On the plus side, Abraham Warder is definitely a conservative who has spirit. ~duck~

You'll find Étienne is more than willing to help you extend the Founder's line or at least go through the motions, with none of the messy attachment issues. I haven't written out his entire backstory, but in the back of my mind, Azura wouldn't be the first Maga he's helped in that department, I think I'll say he's helped father two Gifted children from two different Maga, his OoH Lore is all about knowing who's willing in that department. And when he's attended Tribunals with Prospero in the past, he's made effort to make himself available when Prospero didn't need him.
He's not quite a himbo. He prefers dealing with Maga, because they don't have attachment issues. Then comes married women and then, well, the unattached offer a very diffiicult risk/reward profile for him.

It's not just astrological affinity... :wink: Collecting the grapevines is probably mild!

Ok, so that idea is out. Can't find one that fits the picture of the castle.

Let's really sort this all out from a game/crunch perspective and then we can add story elements around it. I'm having trouble sorting who has what.
Heims (The Fixer) has the tower, or is it amos?
Cygna (Peregrine) is claiming Cersei's lab.
Viscaria (amul) has one? I seem to remember reading something about terram creatures in her lab?
Amos (chicozian) needs a sanctum, or is it Heims? (see above)[1]
Azura (Arya) needs a sanctum.
Ra'am (JL) needs a sanctum, which is large enough for 4 people.

Can we just call the square footage at 5,000 square feet and divide it as appropriate, since it's a blank canvas. I figure 4 sancta (living quarters are large as a standard lab) would be around 4,000 square feet, plus the apprentice lab makes it 4,500. Add 500 sq. ft. for misc areas, landings, unusable spaces, possible maid's quarters? Does that sound reasonable? Do we need to get into the nitty gritty of dividing it up? I'll keep my eye out for floor plans, but I think it's immaterial to the discussion. We just need a firm number to work with and then start dividing accordingly.

[1] if he's still playing, or plans to play a little bit.

If she casts while relaxed, she can't botch, only lose fatigue if rolling low enough. She's just using 7-league stride to do short deplacements, nothing to do with mutantum magic.

The only problems she can have:

• She can only teleport to a place she sees or has an AC to, which limits her a little, but not very much.
  • Seven-league stride is less precise that Wizard's Leap and others "short-range" teleport, probably because it is more strategic than tactical, so, IIRC, she has to make a roll to control her arrival (it could be slightly akward, IIRC). I don't remember if it is stress or not, in which case she could probably botch it.

Yup

This is even better than this.
The -3 penalty isn't the gift's effects. The gift's effects comes first by roleplay, like if you knew the other character is a cheater, liar, traitorious SOB (See Gerard's reactions to her, and his thoughts).
And THEN you have -3 simply to try to get over this.

=> Azura's charm would be simply to have etienne relax a bit around her. She'd then have to charm him despite the gift. This is why, before the parma, sorcerers were mostly at war with each other.
=> Protecting him with parma eliminates the gift's effect, so she can directly proceeds with the charm. This makes things a lot easier than just eliminating a -3!
And yes, the gift is bad, and Parma Magica is awesome 8)

Hiems claimed the tower.

i am currently still lurking and being an NPC background Covenant character, I believe.

Okay, from the mechanics perspective, we paid for a covenant with 5 labs. I am not counting Salamandrus Tower cuz it is in ruins and Hiems will need to do seasons of work to get it functional again (whether we call that "fixing the walls" or "building the lab" seems irrelevant to me). So, the layout looks like this:

Amos, as a background PC, will build his own lab in one of the empty spots on the 2nd floor
Hiems takes Salamandrus' sanctum 0
Jamie Lannister is in Jaime's sanctum 1
Cygna wants Cersei’s sanctum 2
Viscaria is in Piotyr's secret underground lab, 3
______ is in Tyrion's sanctum 4
______ is in the apprentice sanctum 5

Need labs:

• Ra’am
  • Azura
  • Esteban has been promised space for a lab for his experiments in Natural Philosophy. (I believe this will be in Cijara Manor, though)
  • Claudia has been asked to make labs and specialize them (Elementary labs for vis extraction, longevity potions, familiar bonding) but this is probably not a high priority project (to anyone but Viscaria)

Unclaimed:

• Tyrion's lab
    *The lab meant as a gift for the various apprentices (high Safety)

There is also a ton of real estate which could be turned into a sanctum. Cygna was originally thinking about converting several of the ruined buildings in the regio into a single, multi-house sanctum. Viscaria has installed her forge-companions in several of the outbuildings on the Phoenix estate, but there are many more left. As I said before, Phoenix's staff all lives and works in the Cijara Manor, so all the rooms meant for servants quarters, kitchens, laundry, etc are vacant as well.

I'm sorry if this wasn't clear, the "apprentice lab" is a full sanctum that was meant as a graduation gift to Jaime's first apprentice. He died, and then they gave it to the next apprentice who passed his gauntlet, and so on.

The square footage within the manor walls is closer to 20,000 sq ft. Maybe even as much as 50,000 (based on the advertised square footage of a lot of the events I go to). So that isn't the problem at all. I keep wishing we had floor plans because square footage is immaterial to the discussion.

Mind you, there is this much square footage inside the previous Aegis. A smaller Aegis might have less room outside.

Azura would have no qualms about setting up in Tyrion's lab.

I'm paralyzed by indecision. Having 20,000-50,000 square feet available to setup sancta is almost too much.

:stuck_out_tongue:

He was described as massive. For some reason I'm thinking human sized... The image in my mind is hilarious, right now. :laughing:

...OH. I thought porcupines were tiny things that fit in the palm of your hand. I was thinking of hedgehogs >.< Yeah, porcupines are 2-3 feet long... She'll offer to let him ride in her message bag, instead :slight_smile:

It would be some small measure of comfort for Étienne if Vivienne didn't know she were manifesting, initially. She has hounded him for more than half his life. Some things he appreciates. Others not so much.

The Vis Sources are certainly still in a mutable stage. Which ones seem problematic? I confess, I'm quite surprised at the notion.

As I am. Not that this causes me a problem, but I was all "WTF????"

On a side note, I've updated the wiki with One-Eyed Maria :smiley:
Without helm
With it

Now, if someone wants me to try to do someone else?

I don't think you've done Viscaria yet.

Did anybody read the link I posted to that town just north of Cijara? That tourist website is perfect for exploring the local area! Gives me so many ideas!