2.4 - OOC

Welp, figure now's as good a time as any to spend the Adventure Experience my peeps have so far (pending sg approval, I guess?).
[]Celestria might as well put hers into Spanish – the five points should be enough to give her Level One, so she now has a clue as to what everyone's saying. Wasn't sure I could justify her having it so she could understand any of what Farihah is saying, since I doubt she's speaking English, but then I realized that Maria could have been teaching her on the way to Cijara. Celestria could have Augustus kinda translate what she's not picking up from the goatherder (which is probably a good part of it).[/]
[]Cygna has been trying like heck to use her Art of Memory ability, so might as well dump five there.[/]
[]Maria – hmm...guess I'll put them into Folk Ken as she's been trying to figure out what Captain Abdul Fati is up to, and will be doing likewise with the other pseudo-soldiers.[/]

Hum...
Let's say

• Cecilia is trying to worm her way into the covenant's staff. She know how to manipulate people, but she also needs the staff to like her. So, she's putting 5XP in Charm
  • Hiems has been doing what he does best, being impassible while speaking about a lot of things, important or not to him. 5 more XP in guile (hiding his emotions)

I probably shouldn't have read this after a long day at work and immediately after reading Amos's itinerary for his trading mission, because I totally interpreted this as something else entirely. :laughing:

I'm missing the joke :frowning:

BTW, seen the tree of life... Excellent sleeping aid

I had initially read it as bartering clothes and fabric in exchange for Celestria, and grain and cattle in exchange for Cecilia.

lol Not bad :laughing:
I hope you've slept enough by now :wink:

2/3rds of the population are jewish or muslim and we didn't take literacy. O.o

Luckily, with the University of Phoenix we're about to set up, we can fix that without having to "waste" a Virtue slot to get Academic Abilities...just plop them in Professor Sharae's Laboratory of Learning and voila!. (Gotta love that bit about not having to balance virtues and flaws gained post-creation)

Hey folks, don't forget to stop by The Library and drop off your books (read: correct the color codes)

By my count, we have 3 active players, plus me. Should we go looking for more?

looks around the table, counting off Let's see...me, Chico, Fixer, you...well, crud. Yeah, I think two or three more players might be good.

Yup. It would be great if JeanMichelle and Ravenscroft were still around, as I think we were all on the same page for a lot of things, but alas...

First sending out some feelers to old IRL gaming buddies of mine. After I see about bites from there, I'll post something to the appropriate forum.

I've got one person who might be interested, she's going to read the forums and see what she thinks and get back to me.

Would that be Cthulhu's Witnesses? :laughing:

That is genius. I need to steal this idea.

Please remember to include your sigil when describing the results of your spontaneous spells.

I'll edit that in in a couple of minutes.

Maybe it's my holdover from 4e (or the way we used to play it in my old 4e group), but I was thinking that the basic Intellego spells simply let you "know" the information, and that the Intellego-with-Sense-Target guidelines were simply added magnitudes for delivering the information in a non-standard way as opposed to being how the information had to be gleaned by the caster/target.

My book shows the progression as: Taste (Individual-equivalent/+0), Touch (Part/+1), Smell (Group/.+2), Hearing (Structure/+3), and Vision (Boundary/+4).

That being said, she'd probably go with the Taste, as that's the easiest.

Maybe it's my holdover from 4e (or the way we used to play it in my old 4e group), but I was thinking that the basic Intellego spells simply let you "know" the information, and that the Intellego-with-Sense-Target guidelines were simply added magnitudes for delivering the information in a non-standard way as opposed to being how the information had to be gleaned by the caster/target.

My book shows the progression as: Taste (Individual-equivalent/+0), Touch (Part/+1), Smell (Group/.+2), Hearing (Structure/+3), and Vision (Boundary/+4).

That being said, she'd probably go with the Taste, as that's the easiest.
[/quote]
Yeah, the more time I spend looking at the various spells listed, the less clear it is. My tentative ruling is that you need to specify a specific target -- either your senses to percieve all that is around you, or Individual/Part/Group/etc.

Well, IMHO, a lot of it is "legacy issues", as usual.

I seem to remember there are some subtle differences, but I'd have to look again, which I probably won't do.

It seems to me the intent was:

• As Amul described (target a sense, the range determining the range to the person you want to give the sense to), for "general" detect spells, like "I want to see vis" spells)
  • As usual spells, with a Target being the object and not a sense when you're searching for something specific (Like "I want to find my keys" spells)

So, for exemple, a spell allowing you to see spirits would be Range: P, Target: Vision, while a spell allowing you to pinpoint a specific spirit would be Range: Arc, Target: Ind.

But I'm quite unsure of my memory here, so I could very well be wrong

As a former psychology student, the irony and double sens of Hiems asking viscaria her help to enlarge his tower is not lost from me :laughing:
Maybe Viscaria will sent hermetic spam?

As there is no risk of death or injury in any of the current 2.4 threads, players should start 2.4 threads for their other Spring 1213 activities (Amos's trade efforts, Cygna's mentem harvesting, etc). If you are not sure if a particular activity needs a thread all for itself, ask here. If you're waiting for the 2nd council meeting, then tell me (here) what questions still need to be answered before we can do that.

Does someone want to bSG for Viscaria's Hall of Unity efforts, or do we just want to handwave it for this season?