2.4 - OOC

Well, as Hiems only needs (for now) to finish setting his lab, I don't think he needs a special thread, unless someone wants to ask questions and such.

Viscaria's hall of unity, OTOH, will require masons and workers. Do we have enough of them or do we need to hire some? In either case, once finished, Hiems will probably use them to complete his tower.
Hum... How long would all this take? Can we afford it? Maybe we should use magic to create mundane stone, else we'll have to buy it.
Aside from these, the Hall of Unity can mostly be handwaved, IMO

Do we have the vis to spare to create mundane stone? unpacks core rulebook let's see...base CrTe is 3 for stone, +1 for R: Touch, D: Momentary, +2 for T: Group, total of Level 10. Plus size...um...base appears to be 1 cubic pace...let's go same size as Wall of Protecting Stone (100 cubic paces, for a +2 Magnitudes, or Level 20. Ritual to make it permanent would be 4 pawns of Creo or Terram, it seems. And that's just to make the raw stones.

Or, we could simply ask Viscaria to cast her Baroque Peasant Hut, which, while a tad more pricey (5 pawns vs. 4), has the advantage of being a formulaic as opposed to a spontaneous spell. And no one else seems to have a similar spell. And I thought that was what we were going to do anyway.

Hush! You're spoiling her big reveal of the spell at the next council meeting :wink: Actually, the question is going to be: tear down the best built houses in the covenant to make room for something or jury rig the existing structures together?

The manor and dock area were the original settlement before the magi came. The Lannisters built Cijara Central and the religious buildings. All the buildings in Central Cijara are stone, expertly crafted, and over half a century old. They haven't seen a Craft:Mason score above 3 in decades, and that's when most of the other houses were built.

Also, the day before the next meeting, Cygna would like to try to procure access to an oven, grapes, possibly some cheese, flour, sugar, butter, et cetera.

Sure! Roleplay it out.

No way.

The existing structures are sound, used and useful. THere are people there, and, despite the Hall being important, Hiems sees the people as coming first.

The best thing would be to take something existing but unused, and fix it, but, well, we'll probably have to hire some workers anyway.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that we need some numbers on our covenfolk, like:
Christian Males: 10 youths, 2 adults, 2 elders
Christian Females: 11 youths, 10 adults, 3 elders

Oh, and the vines are creepy!!! :laughing:

I apparently haven't seen enough hentai - I have no idea where this is going :neutral_face:

The central Cijara buildings are sound and useful, but less than 50% occupied, as discussed in the Council Meeting. The problem is, the unused buildings are scattered around, not in a easily demarked space. And the whole point is to unify, and bring the vineyard workers back into a centralized community, away from the religious divisions.

We had a discussion a while ago, trying to figure out how many people would be in a settlemen this size. Shall we revisit it?

Well, this is more the "you"re watched, everywhere, always, by inhuman and unblinking creatures".

Well, if there are unused buildings, we could use them, but Hiems is loathe of destroying sound buildings if we aren't able to create better ones (although viscaria is probably skilled enough or this, luckily :smiley:)

Probably, although I suspect that a lot of it is arbitrary, like the overall number of people, that can vary quite a bit.

Sorry...waiting for Amos to say what he thought he saw behind the cask stands so Cygna will know what to look for in her sponted Intellego Whatever spell.

I PM'd Chico, called ByMyLastBreath to nudge him, and posted an open call on the GM Looking for Players forum.

Please update the Game and EXP Log, which is now on the wiki.

You are recruiting: What has happened? Has anyone else retired?

I am asking out of genuine concern, because I do not want this project to fail.

One more comment: Despite the wiki, it is still very difficult for any new player to read into this game, because there are so many posts by now. Creating a character is easy. Reading through 2270 posts is not (it is past of what scared me away after my absence - and may happen again). If you want players to fit in and to create the possibiliy for established players to return after an absence, you'll need plot summaries and character summaries that are easy to find and short.

Thanks for the tips, JM!

Ravenscroft stepped away from the adventure, leaving us down to Fixer, Hiems, Peregrine, Chicozan and myself. I have another player joining us already, a friend of mine from RL with whom I first invented the saga concept, but I'd like us to have around 6-7 players.

Yes, thanks, JM.

I think that the game and XP log is great for such a resume, if we keep it short enough.

Arya and Jonathon.Link have offered to join our game. If anyone currently playing has some preference, concern, or question regarding these offers which I should be aware of, please contact me via PM.

Short term, she wants to start a tradition of bringing treats to the Council meetings. Reason she's making four dozen of the grape tarts (each of which, I think, is a little pie-type thing about 10-15 cm across) is that she plans on sharing with the humiliores.

She's also looking for a place to put her lab and sanctum. She could take over Cersei's, but it apparently has some kind of astrological affinity (the mystery thingie), and she, afaik, hasn't seen anything to indicate that it has any kind of Mentem specialization/bonuses. That could change if/when we get through the regio boundary behind the wine casks and find Nifty Keen Stuff (tm) in there, though.

A tart is a type of pie. You can certainly make single-serving sized ones, but you can also just as easily make a tart as big as any other pie.

You guys haven't actually stepped into Cersei's sanctum yet. You've explored her studio, and then went down the stairs into the wine cellar. You still have her bedroom and lab to explore. As with Hiems' exploration of Salamandrus' Tower, I'll be describing it but leaving the stats up to whoever chooses it, with the proviso that they adhere to it's basic conceptual nature. It is safe to assume Cersei's lab, therefore, will have Mentem and Herbam specializations, planetary magic equipment (which is just color-text without the virtue, as even non-initiated magi can use horoscopes and the like) and other hints to her personality. But if you want to use her lab, you get to design it. If you don't want to use her lab, than you can pick a spot out in the regio ruins that is Perfect For Her Needs (tm).

Off the record, Cersei had Celestial Magic, and was gathering vis based on Favorable Spellcasting Hours.

Even further off the record, I have about a gazillion plot hooks for both Cersei's lab and for a lab out in the ruins, so I'm happy with either choice :smiling_imp: I also guarantee that Cygna won't want to use the regio you just found behind the wine cellar as a lab. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Actually, strike that. I'm accepting them into the game now, so that they don't get lost in my real life deadlines. You should still PM me if there's something on your mind.

Edit: Somebody please pick up Damien in the Sifting Through Ashes thread, and Terrance in the Lab Scouting thread. If all of the new players want to join in the threads, I'm sure we can find grogs for you all :slight_smile: