7 Autumn Moonlight

OOC: Where does it state that the "Val-Negra" Tribunal encompassed both the Provencal and Iberian Tribunals? In either/both "Tribunals of Hermes: Iberia" and/or "The Wizard's Grimoire" it cited the decision moving Val-Negra OUT of the Tribunal and into Provencal. In the more recent sourcebook on the Normandy Tribunal there was mention made of a Lotharingian Tribunal which extended across the eastern half of France and down into the actual Provencal--as opposed to the land later generally considered to be the Langue D'oc--which was dissolved in a reorganisation sometime around the 9th-10th Century.

Jehan having finished packing to leave in the morning, heads out to check on the birds. While he is taking the one hawk with him, he is checking on all of them.

He sees the mules and cart and in sympathy moves to unhitch and tend the mules. He ignores Ardonis instead speaking softly only to the animals who seem to understand him. [color=blue]"Aren't you a handsome pair. Give me a minute and I will get you a good mash and clean your hooves. Now don't get stubborn on me though and I might see about carrots.

Ardonis speaks in Latin, if you seem to not understand his words he will switch to broken Spanish: [color=red]"Hello there, are you the stable master here? You seem to have a skill with them. Oh.." He sees you tending to the mules hooves and points. [color=red]"I think that one there is hurt. It's my fault, I slipped hitching the wagon. We tried not to press her too hard. I'm sorry, I'm Ardonis." He offers his hand.

So Mastro kaloforo presents himself:
" I am Kaloforo ex Verditius, bringer of beauty. I am here to help this covenant help and prosper, to grow from strength to stregth. I have seen many different lands and I hope I can call this land home. A toast to this new project."

He has a small gulp of the wine.

The words pass over Jehan's head as gibberish and he pays them and their master no mind at all. She continues to unhitch the wagon and listens to the donkey's braying before saying to it [color=red]"Is that so? we will get you taken care immediately." While he can't speak either of the languages that you used, he seems fully fluent in speaking mule.

Inigo listens to the banter between Ameline and the other magi, clearly impressed (and a little perplexed) by her dedication to protecting his daughter. He lets the arguments between the magi on the subject of his daughter pass without a word - his mind is clearly made up, and intellectual arguments are interesting but no more than that.

He turns to Antonio. [color=red]Grandmaster Antonio, I wonder if I might discuss with you later the possibility of being her Hermetic godfather, so that all the knights might raise her and make up for deficiencies in my own teaching ability. Mistress Ameline, I would be honored if you would bless the ceremony or perform whatever rite you feel appropriate. I fear our quaesitor friend is right in this much - she needs more protection than one man alone can give.

[color=red]The fact of the matter is this: I will take her as my apprentice. This shall be so. He looks pointedly at Octavian. [color=red]Again, Tremere, you persist in interfering with matters of House Flambeau. You insult my honor, question my valor, and try to turn my brothers against me. We have seen much, you and I, and I respect you more than I once did, but I have killed men for less. Keep your snake's tongue in your skull, lest I cut if off.

OOC: I doublechecked the references in "Tribunals of Hermes: Iberia" (page 40),the Tribunal rulings summarised in "The Wizard's Grimoire: Revised" (1096 A.D.), and "The Lion and the Lily" (pages 14-16). These are, respectively, 3rd., 4th, and 5th Edition volumes on the subject.

I was correct. Iberia was one of the first Tribunals created and recognised, then including and nicknamed after Val-Negra. The Provencal Tribunal did not come into being until 896 A.D. ("The Lion and the Lily") when it was carved out of the reduced Lotharingian Tribunal with some of the West Frankish (later renamed Normandy) Tribunal. It was never a part of the Iberian Tribunal.

Val-Negra was relocated into the Provencal Tribunal in 1096 A.D.--two hundred years after the creation of that Tribunal--from the Iberian as a result of a specific Grand Tribunal ruling to reduce Flambeau involvement in Iberia. No other Covenant was cited.

Andorra may therefore act as a border Covenant cultivating "neutrality", but if it was a part of the "Val-Negra Tribunal" in the past then, barring an application for membership in the Provencal Tribunal, it would still be considered to be a part of the Iberian Tribunal.

A GRAND Tribunal meeting could relocate Andorra, as it did Val-Negra, but there would have to be a compelling reason, and even if it did, the members could not be charged with Hermetic Vagrancy. Indeed, attempts to strip its members of their assets without Renouncing them could raise countercharges of a breach of the Code by those seeking to deprive them of their magical powers. That would be the PRINCIPAL (or core) Code, not just the Peripheral.

Kallista responds with [color=red]"Opa!" and raises her fruit and takes a bite. Then realizes she might have been the only one yelling in the banquet hall. Kallista is a bit anachronistic, wearing what could be considered a remake of or attempt at a classical Greek outfit. It is a little out of place here and more revealing then the common dress.

Since Antonio seems engrossed in his conversation, Kallista will sit quietly, but as close as possible. If the seat Immediately to his right is open, she'll take it, though she is not the guest of honor. Unless anyone objects, of course.

Ardonis resorts to a pantomime. He pretends to be hitching up the wagon, then slips and falls down in a comedic fashion. Then makes a gasping noise and puts his hands to his face as in surprise then points to the donkey. He draws a sad face in the air on his and pouts his lips.

He'll watch you as you tend to the donkey, very curious about your "donkey whisper"

((OOC: The premise of the entire covenant as per Mark at the start of the game was that there was a split that formed both and that Andorra was never formally assigned to either while other covenants (val-Negra included) had gone either way) )

Yeah, WGRE makes clear reference to "what was then known as the Val-Negra Tribunal". but I see Arwan's points and it gives me interesting ideas.

Antonio looks up with astonishment [color=red]My brother, I would be honored...

Kallista takes interest in Kaloforo, not wanting to interupt what seems to be a personal conversation between the other Magi.

[color=red] "Kaloforo is it? I'm Kallista, ex Marinita, I've just arrived here as well. You wouldn't know where i could find or whom to speak with about lodgings do you?" .

Kallista is a very attractive woman of apprently young age. Her eyes are a calm yet disconcerting blue, which seem to change shades independent of the light. She raises a child, about 4 years old, to her lap and calls for food. [color=red] "This is Daphne, say hello hun. ... Ooh wine ..." She'll attempt to pour a small glass, juggling the child and the bottle. Women, if any at the table, may be envious or think her appearence is that of a harlot. Daphne, a girl that looks almost exactly like her mother except for the Faerie eyes, is preocupied with fruit and her poppet.

Except Carmen :smiley:
You remind her of her mom. And Carmen has unconventional style. Long blonde hair, Betty Page bangs, pouty lips, and she doesn't wear dresses. They way that they fit her, you would not think of them as men's clothing whatsoever. But until the micro mini is invented, Carmen will continue wearing breeches so she can have freedom of movement.

Ameline is unaffected by Callisto mostly since she is a nun and vowed to chastity and tries not to judge. She makes a note to have the priest drop in on the newcomer.

She focuses on the conversation mostly, [color=red]"You will have what blessings I can give but the priest should give his blessings as well. Her theological teachings must not be neglected. "

OOC: If there was a revision for this saga concerning the origins of the Provencal and Iberian Tribunals, I must have missed it. In which case, Octavian, you are the better informed pertaining to this specific instance, at least regarding the origins of Andorra and the current political situation.

OOC, it's me. I took from WGRE the idea that there was once Val-Negra, and now there is Provencal & Iberia.

(ooc i take it Jehan is taking the donkey to the stables? If so Ardonis will follow and when Jehan is finished...)

Ardonis has more pantomimes up his sleeve. He points to Jehan and puffs up his chest, flexes his arms, and struts. Then he points to himself, slouches, makes a sad face and pulls the sleeves on the underside of his shirt down.

He then acts out what looks like he is picking something up; straining, he falls over.

He points to his wagon then to Jehan, puffs his chest again, then pretends to pick up something really quickly, holding it with one hand over his head and he struts.

He beckons Jehan to come to the back of the wagon.

(ooc he probably needs a guile roll to act that out)

Then yells [color=red]"Anyone speak Latin?"

He can hear children giggling and slouched steps before the "Uh... I speak a little," nearby. Turning towards the sound, Ardonis would see a huge bearded man coming from the servant's quarters with a little girl on his shoulder and three boys hanging on his wait and legs. He could probably be a grog himself, or a soldier perhaps? The size alone would justify it, though the red cheeks and the smiley expression as he helped the children turn head over heels while climbing on to him and giggling happily.

"Can I help?" the giant man says then.

Jehan does indeed take the donkey to the stable to tend it. He makes it comfortable and takes time tending its legs before she comes back out and heads for his hawk. He sees the clown pantomining by the wagon and sits down to watch the free show. The fact that he is armed with weapons and is in somewhat military guard should show he is no common laborer.