It is time for the Covenant Meeting of 1234. There will be many topics to discuss concerning where we have been and where are we going.
Topics for the agenda...
- The Redcap Quarter, the new arrangements, and the portal project
- The discovery of a large vis source on Sa Dragonera, claimed by Barcelona, and their desire to form a partnership.
- The mystery of who attacked our covenant and why. Carmen has turned up some interesting information.
- The town in the valley, Arans, has recently experienced a spike in paranormal activities, such as hauntings by ghosts that cry out in some nonsensical language.
- Provencal magi have been encroaching on our territory. There was that Lord Featherbottom incident. But further it has recently been discovered that a Jerbiton magus associated with Bellaquin has been residing in the capitol of Andorra la Vella.
- Our investment in the salt mines of Las Salines has been paying off quite well. In fact, maybe too well. We have offered little in the way of magical assistance, but they have prospered so well now that they are rid of that dragon, it has caused rumors and gossip in nearby towns that they have struck a deal with Satan.
- It isn't our business, but could be a concern. In the last few years, at least three Wizard Wars have been conducted between Flambeau magi of Castra Sola and Doisettep. One magus from each covenant has died, and in the third incident both magi were severely injured and crippled. However, the conflicts are not actually between these covenants. The conflict is one that has been slowly escalating between Mithraic and Mercurian Flambeau magi. Similar tensions have been evident in tribunals such as Normandy and the Rhine. This is a concern because Andorra has always had strong ties with Mercurian Flambeau. Most Flambeau magi in Iberia, like those from Doisettep, are Mercurian. But in the last decade there has been an influx of magi immigrating to Iberia from other tribunals.
- A new covenant has been established in the region of Pampalona in the kingdom of Navarre. Like ourselves, they have declined to formally participate or ally themselves with Iberia or Provencal, yet like us they have ties and connections in both tribunals. Their political situation is so similar to ours that it is worth keeping an eye on.
- The past five years have been quite profitable, and in every category the covenant is now stronger than we were before the attack. However, keep in mind that this has required a lot of effort, and it also means that the last five years could have been growth instead of recovery. Someone out there still has our stuff that they stole; three queens of vis and a bajillion miscellaneous magic items.
- There is this new junior magus, and upstart journeyman named Roberto, who has submitted a proposal that he claims will revolutionize the way our custodies are managed and utilized. He submitted a written proposal to Vibria the other day. Alexandro received a copy as well, and though he thinks it is a sound plan, he thinks it might be too ambitious. Roberto proposes terminating all mercenary contracts, hiring men-at-arms directly and merging them into a newly organized Andorran Guard. He further advocates developing the Andorran Guard into a mercenary company that we own and operate as a covenant. Our clients would be other magi only, and we would contract out one to four guards as a group of specialists for magi on expedition or adventure or simply to pad out their bodyguard/entourage.
- I am brainstorming these random talking points, so feel free to add as much to this list as you want