A very newbie question: Diedne's Gender

Hiyas!

I can't find Diedne's (the founder of House Diedne) gender... Was Diedne a he or a she? Logic would tend to go for a male, since Diedne's magic came from druidism, which usually only allows males, right? :blush: (I believe it has a female version, but I cannot recall if this is certain :blush: :blush: ).

Thanks!
T

Diedne was a woman. Diedne means "to the witch" - and yes druids were not women. More correctly she could be called a wise woman, a priestess or - a witch. Nevertheless she brought scores of druids into the Hermetic Order, thus the majority of the mainly Roman Houses have probably just labelled her a druid for easy reference.

I present almost all knowledge of Diedne to the characters as "hidden lore" which a character would need a good reason to even be asking about. Now the gender is kind of plainly non-harmful, but having the lore as forbidden keeps everything the players know as possibly incorrect and certainly dodgy.

HI!

Thanks for the wealth of info...! Is this accessible somewhere in the 5th Edition books? I search but can't find... :cry:

Thanks!
T

Page 9 of the MRB indicates her gender, second to the last paragraph under the Foundation of the Order section.

Hi:

Sorry, I'll clarify :blush: : I was actually fishing for more info than the "general gist" of things (like what Diedne's detailed history was, etc.)... Or is it all over the place?

Thanks!
T

I believe it's left vague, for a saga to flesh out. They are the bogeyman of the Order. And that's the great thing about the Diedne, the renounced House and the Founder.