[td][/td][/tr][/table]

[u]Personality Traits[/u]
Brave: 0
Acquisitive: +3
Talkative: +2

[u]Reputations[/u]
Shrewd Merchant: +4

(Experience Spent: 635 total)

Abdul al-Faisal is one of the preeminent merchants in (to be determined). He was blessed enough to be born into prosperity, as his father was a successful merchant, and his father before him, and his father before him. He was fortunate enough, however, to be blessed with a superlative ability to bargain and to know both his customers and his suppliers, and he was able to make his business even more prosperous than his father had ever imagined. He is now wealthy enough that he will never want for anything ever again; more importantly, neither will his (rather large) family.

Over the past decade or so, he has been dealing with a few of the covenants in the area; he is aware that there is...conflict between some of them, and has some idea of what's behind it, but has never let politics (whether Hermetic or mundane) interfere with his business. He doesn't entirely trust many of them, but their money is as good as anyone's. He has come to be something of an intermediary between the covenants and the mundane world, buying and selling items for the covenants, and finding sellers for the items that the covenants create.

Abdul has been married for almost 14 years to his beautiful and beloved wife Fatima, who has given him six children (three sons and three daughters). He is teaching his oldest son the ropes, in hopes that the boy will take over the business someday and care for him in his old age.

Design note – found the virtue Vernacular Education in City & Guild, p. 109, which does the same thing as Educated, but is more in line with what I had in mind.

Simple and direct. Perhaps a bit too much so? He reminds me a bit of Xander from Buffy. His character twist is in all those personality flaws. It looks like his stories are going to be about trying to keep his family safe while working for magicians. Is that what you're going for?

That, or maybe having either the magi or other covenfolk help keep his family safe in all the chaos that's going on in Al-Andalus. I was also picturing him being a middle-man between the magi and the mundane world, as far as either buying supplies, items, or merchandise that Phoenix needs or selling stuff that the covenant or magi make. Also, since he has Social Contacts, Busybody, and Intrigue, I can also see him picking up information that may be useful or relevant in some way.

I like him

Even though he tried to sell you an Icon of The Prophet! :astonished:

Hiems regards this this disdain. He may buy it if he finds it aethestically pleasing, but otherwise, he'll just decline.

Dude! That Merit is awesome! I must re-read City and Guild!