Adventures for a new player

Always interesting seeing how new characters handle a situation. :slight_smile: Sounds like you're off to a good start.

Huzzah!

Nicely done. Now of course sweep in with the Church wanting to end the fighting and perhaps insist that the player return to testify in a canonical judgement. :smiley:

EDIT: correct factions this time, was asleep when I wrote that last entry.

One piece at a time. I do not want to throw her into world shattering events.

Right now she is being kept more or less out of sight (read: adventuring out of the court) after her faux pass at the court and the fact that her family knows that she has been knighted by the father of the teenager she killed herself. That is quite a bomb in the family hands. So far they have played it OK, but their lands are in the middle of the area of potential conflict between Carcassone-Conflent and Empuries-Besalú (each one aided by Toulouse and Barcelona respectively). They are in the camp of Carcassone, but she killed their overlord's son and blamed the Empurians for it, so they are threading on VERY thin ice here... Even if the Empurians WERE actually trying to kill (or kidnap) the boy it was the Conflentians that did the deed in the end.

So, she is travelling in the Pyrenees. Not really far from home, but not near the major events either. She refused to travel with any kind of babysitter-bodyguards, but she has a pair of hounds to help her along the way, one of them being a skinchanger that serves his father acting incognito.... with the perk that he cannot turn back into a human because he botched it. So he is a magical animal companion in practical terms, but one that can act as a quasi-counselor from time to time.

I will keep introducing one stuff at a time. next planned adventure will be He's Got a Big Heart by Kevin Hassall ( arsmagica.it/Cliffheart/riso ... heart.html ) a very nice adventure to introduce the classic magic realm via giants and stuff. Will tell you how it goes. I bet she will try to demolish the bridge with the giants/trolls underneath it.

Xavi