Adventures in Brief

Evan will take Aegis to handle it by using his Hermetic contacts.

Evan, Aegis and Hadrian will head out to stab some stuff. Evan probably standing in the back mostly.

Aegis will attempt to help. She has carouse, and technically charm, but it might be difficult for her to use charm on account of being mute. Luckily it is always easy to hand out beer.

Andros is more suited to that, especially since he can bring his combat side to it. Anyone want to join him? He can probably do combat and magic if he needs two.

Evandrus apprentice has 2 challenges- as mentioned the first can be any of the categories at your discretion, the second will be a combat challenge, difficulty 12

The strange behavior has only 1 set of social challenges- I will say in advance that there is a supernatural (infernal) influence at play, which you can use in your summary- difficulty 12

Evandrus' cabal assignment only has one set of challenges for combat, difficulty 12

The hexed woman adventure (also turns out she was in fact cursed) has 3 challenges, the first is social, the other 2 may be dealt with in the category of your choosing. Difficulty again is 12

What about the difficulties and challenges for Persephone's Gate?

I was waiting to see if anyone would join you...

The second challenge is combat, the third is legal/diplomatic- both of these presumably involve faerie beyond the gate. Challenge level is 6.

OK, Andros can probably do OK despite his Gift since he has great Communication and some potentially useful Abilities.

Player's Choice: Magical.
Choice: magic. Int + Magic Theory = 6, Sta + Parma Magica = 6, Veil of Invisibility (PeIm15): 1D10 = [7] = 7
1D10 = [3] = 3
1D10 = [9] = 9

So that's 13, 9, and a 3rd magnitude spell.

Combat...

Coyote code stopped working for me. I'll try back later. Here is the next one up: Combat. Str + Brawl = 4, Dex + Great Weapon = 5, Gift of the Bear's Fortitue (MuCo25) +31

Oh, I missed the post about Ouragen's adventure.

For that I'm thinking Guile + Comm (fast talk speciality maybe?) to convince them that it is a benign seasonal faerie ritual that happens once a decade in the spring, it will pass soon but in the meantime if they're concerned Ouragan can cast a faerie ward around any places they are particularly concerned about.

Acceptable?

You have to make 3 rolls, not just one.

Approach - com + folk ken to determine if the man is acting abnormally due to outside influence or if he's faking (total 10)
Per + second sight to look for any invisible spirits (total +3)
Int + Etiquette to figure out a way to persuade the lord that it's not any magic I've heard of but malign outside influence (total +3)

Coyotecode 149503 8,10,10 - so 18 (massive success) and two potential botches that even if I don't botch, I can't succeed even with faith from my relic and confidence added in. This looks painful
I'm rolling one botch die for each as I have no ill omens.

Coyotecode 149504 - 5, 6 - neither botch.

One success two failures. Pazzino clearly sees the man is under some kind of malign influence, but can't see any invisible spirits and whatever infernal influence is here is truly sent by the master of lies, so the man has an explanation for everything Pazzino can try and trick him with. Pazzino returns to the covenant overwhelmed, and determined to get a magus or an exorcist to deal with this.

Individual reward and loss - gain an extra confidence point, gain 1xp to a negative reputation "sees demons behind everything"

This was a covenant adventure so I need a covenant gain and loss - do I select these? I would suggest we put one "notch" on a hook but lose 3 points of covenant loyalty once our covenfolk realise there is infernal influence in our area.

Right, I hadn't read your adventure rules properly, from the sounds of it you have rolled a difficulty 6 and complexity 1 set of rolls?

Hmm, Ouragan has some rubbish abilities for dealing with this.

Folk Ken to Determine the response they'd most like to hear.

Guile to say it and convince them that it's simply a benign part of Faerie life or such

And then maybe the last one cast Faerie wards to assure it won't continue?

actually I hadn't rolled those yet in case you were still deciding whom to bring with you. A magi can often call on a companion for help and can always call on grogs. When you have picked your team then complexity and difficulty are discovered.

Gabriele can go along with Ouragan to handle the mundanes while the magus deals with the faeries, if he would like.

That would probably be for the best considering the effects of the gift and all

Evandrus will composes a compelling, and highly technicaly argument about why his projects would really benefit from an apprentice, the Order would benefit from apprentice, magic would benefit, etc. Magic Theory(11)+Int(3)+stress(4) =18

He will then send copies of this to several people in the Order who might know a Gifted child. Organization Lore: Order of Hermes(3) + Com(3) Stress(9) =15

He will then use that argument at a gathering of members of his house, explaining why they should help. Although he does customize it for his house a little. Mystery Cult Lore: House Merinita(4)+Pre(1)+Stress(0) I don't know how many potential botch dice that is... still its two successes.

On the way to pick up the apprentice bandits attack!
Evandrus promptly tries to flip the wagon to make an impromptu cover Athe(1)+ Str(2)+Stress(9)=12
Evandrus points out a bandit trying to flank them, and Aegis strikes. She misses, but its enough to send the bandits scrambling. Evan Awareness support(1) + Single Weapon(4)+Dex(0) + Stress(1), Stress(2)*2 = 9
An arrow flies towards Aegis as she tries to move out of cover an arrow flies towards her face, but she ducks back in time. Brawl (3)+Qik(0)+Stress(9)

That's another two successes!

Hadrian starts with shooting one of the defilers with his longbow. Bows(7)+Dex(2)+Stress(3) = 12
Aegis takes the lead with her blade stabbing another one in the throat. Single Weapon(4)+St(2)+Stress(6)=12
The ringleader throws a dagger at Aegis which she barely manages to dodge. Brawl(3)+Qik(0)+Stress(9)=12

That's three successes. Does just Evan get the benefits of success or can each member of the team take one?

Aegis starts giving out beer to some of the more upset folks on the theory people associating the Coven with alcohol and a pretty face will help things. Carouse(3)+Pre(2)=Stress(5)=11
Luckily the local priest can read Latin, so Aegis can communicate some and she makes a good impression, and convinces the priest to explain what is going on. Charm(3)+Com(2)+Stress(8) = 13
This is effectively the entirety of Aegis's social talents, but she tries to use general Folk Ken to try and get the feel of the town. It helps nothing. Folk Ken(0) Per(-1)+Stress(3)=2.

At this point she is attacked, and fails utterly to avoid the sucker punch. He had nails between his fingers. It was nasty. Well, not that nasty, this is Aegis. Brawl (3) + Qik (0) + Stress(4) = 9
She draws her blade. But the man is already running and she tangles it in her clothes besides. Single Weapon (4) + Str (2) + Stress (0) = 6, plus botch rolls.
She then does her best to patch herself up afterwards. Chirurgy 3 + Dex(0)+Stress(1) + Stress(10) = 23! That's one success! Woo! The bandages are enough to not show any awkward metal bits.

She tracked the man back to the witch's house! Aegis calls upon all her mystic talent and knowledge.
Magic Lore (3) +Int (-1) + Stress (7) = 9
Second Sight (4) + Per(-1) + Stress (8) = 11
Finesse (2) + Dex (0) + Stress (1), Stress(5)*2=12

She waits and watches. The witch uses a thin metal rod to kill create and kill a fire. Used it for cooking actually. Aegis sneaks in the next day, steals the rod, and sets the house on fire with it, and she manages to keep it from getting out of control. She hopes that's enough to stop the curse.

Well, three challenges and one success on each!

[center]Summary[/center]
Apprentice Find: Two Challenges, Two successes on each. I don't know how to handle the rewards with multiple characters on a mission. Also does finding the apprentice count as a benefit?

Cult Mission: One Challenge; Three Successes. I don't know how to handle the rewards with multiple characters on a mission.

Hexed Lady Mission: Three challenges: one success on each. Also a botch check is needed. Is that just one die? For the three losses Aegis gets three negative rep points, and the covenant gets three negative rep points. Seriously, she has to have earned the covenant and herself a rep as super creepy. I'll pick out the rewards tomorrow, its really late here.

Apprentice mission has only single botch die.

Chiurgy is not a combat ability. If you look at the list things that help during combat are included. The roll is high enough that anything would have succeeded, even something you defaulted, so little impact on that point.

The witch's wand must have been destroyed during the adventure, unless you take it as an adventure reward...

Adventures with multiple people are calculated normally. All involved get experience points the same as if it were solo. Rewards may be divided up as you see fit, but they are calculated from the overall adventure. Most choices may be applied to all (for example, confidence, labor point, virtues, and reputation will affect all involved)

hexed lady is also single botch die.
Also one success and 2 losses on a covenant story means 1 negative impact either for the character or the covenant, not one for each.

For clarity here, Evandrus found Camilla many years ago as a baby and placed her among the fae to grow into an adolescent. That is the standard among the Line of Quendalon, and I wrote that into their history. That doesn't mean this can't be, just that such a thing would have been done many years ago and is only being rolled out now.

Silveroak -- How do you want to handle Ouragan's adventure with Gabriele? Should Crawfs do all the rolling, using Gabriele's abilities, or should we each roll for the separate events we are handling, using the support?

ranking character rolls, so in this case the magus
1 set of challenges, difficulty 9

So in this case the Guile, Folk ken and Magic roll?