Adventures in Brief

Well it doesn't matter terribly much seeing as a I rolled 3 times anyway, but my plan was I think start with a charm+pre roll form Ouragan and then let Gabrielle do the talk with the relevant abilities seeing as no one has any legal knowledge.

Is this a Social Encounter or Legal/Diplomatic? I ask because Charm is not on the Legal list. If Social, Gabriele would use Folk Ken + Com (+5) and Etiquette + Int (+4). If Legal, the only options Gabriele has are Folk Ken + Com (+5) and Guile + Int (+4).

Unless, being a Faerie Court, I would be allowed to use Legerdemain or Enchanting Music or something else non-standard.

Silveroak -- Would Legerdemain or Music/Enchanting Music apply in any of the Fast Advancement categories?

Enchanting music would certainly apply in supernatural category, I believe it should apply to legal/diplomatic and social as well...

Legardemain is a no, slight of hand doesn't persuade.

So the first challenge for Ouragan would be a failure right? I'll admit I'm a little confused about the adventure rolls.

yes, the first roll would be a failure, potential botch as with any stress die.

To be clear, in general Ouragan's player should roll the entire set of challenges, not just his own. However, to get things moving I'm rolling: 5,1-1-1-6(48)
5+5 is above 9: success
4+48 is well above 9: success

potential botch needs to be rolled twice, using the two rolled numbers to do so:9,5-> no botches

2 success, 1 failure, 1xp (seasonal xp may apply instead), one reward, 1 confidence (from one set of challenges)

adventure time: 10 days (no penalty to seasonal activities)

1102 adventures:

1. (from rival covenant)- a band of faeries has challenged the covenant's representative gathering vis at the Mallorn Dandelions, challenging the covenant to meet them in combat on the summer solstice (faerie setting, summer challenge, combat for first challenge)
  2. (from Ouragon supernatural nuisance)- Ouragon appears to be suffering from harsh winter weather obstructing him at every turn- weather that does not appear to be impacting anyone else except by proximity to himself. This challenge also rolled 2 omens for a total of 3 botch dice(Natural setting, winter challenge, choice of methods to resolve first challenge)
  3. (From Andros Milites) Andros has received orders from the Milites to proceed to another covenant where an issue is to be investigated by the quaesitoris who has been delayed investigating another matter. He is to ensure nobody interfers with the investigation before the Quaesitoris can arrive. (Hermetic setting, winter challenge, social challenge to resolve first challenge)
    4)(from Evandrus faerie friend) Evandrus' faerie friend has become the captive of the Spider Queen, and he would appreciate being rescued when you have the time. (supernatural setting choice of season, combat to resolve first challenge)
  4. Tribunal -hermetic, summer season, first challenge set political - this is obviously not based on any hooks or flaws.

Andros (currently NPC) will take Deangelica with him on his mission, based on their superior social skills.

If others wish for him to face challenge 1 as well he will, given his role as a Milites Flambeau, but as an NPC I would like a player to weigh in on this decision first.

number 3 has 2 challenges, difficulty 12, second challenge is combat:

rolling for challenge 3:
Deangelica rolls presence+organization Lore:(Order of Hermes) (+4): rolls 7: total:11 fail
Deangelica rolls folk ken+Int (4): rolls 8: total 12 success
Andros rolls com+charm (4): rolls 0 - no omens, 1 botch die: rolls 8, fail no botch
challenge 1: 1 success 2 failure
Challenge 2: combat
Str+brawl (4): roll 2, total 6: fail
Athletics+sta (3): roll 4, total 7: fail
great weapon+Dx (5): roll 5, total:10, fail

Reward: correspondence in organization lore (order of hermes)
losses: negative reputation, wound (rolled 6- 17 base, 23 damage: soak 10: heavy wound, and wound (rolled 2, 19, soak 10-medium wound)
adventure gives 2 confidence, 2xp

A reward for Ouragan's adventure Reputation seems most appropriate.

With the 1103 adventures Ouragan can help with number 2, but I personally think Andros is the better fighter.

And rolling difficulty/complexity of Ouragans adventure:

Difficulty and complexity rolls: 1D10 = [8] = 8
1D10 = [4] = 4

so 12 base difficulty and 2 sets of challenges.

Is this correct?

yes, that is correct, though the year is 1102.

I rolled a 0 for the second set of challenges which gives you free choice in dealing with the second set.

1102: Anyone want to do the first one? I can send Pazzino with a combat grog to handle the first set, and if the later sets are social or legal he has it sorted.

Don't know who's going to handle tribunal - who's got a reasonable mix of abilities for that?

Tribunal has to be magi- at least one to carry the sigils for voting.

1. For the Faerie one, I vote we send the shield section of grogs at it. They should paste the combat challenge pretty well. Aegis will go as well. I think bringing a lawyer would be great though.

2. Hadrain, Aegis and Evan will go on the rescue op this summer.

3. Evan will show up to the Tribunal, although don't let him go alone. Aegis will go. With any luck she might be able to learn something this summer!

Taurus would probably go to the Tribunal (#5). By "political" do you mean Legal/Diplomatic? He would probably be support, however, as he is not terribly diplomatic or social. Harumph, snort.

Rolls come up with:

1. 3 challenges, difficulty 6. Second challenge combat, third challenge choice
  2. 2 challenges, difficulty 6, second challenge magic
  3. 2 challenges, difficulty 18, second challenge social
    and yes, I mean diplomatic

Faerie Adventure: The covenant will meet them for combat with Aegis, and the shield section. They will also bring a nice siege weapon to open with.
OOC: I'm gonna total up the stats then roll stuff.
First Challege
First Check: The shield captain and his men push a piece of artillery into position. Athe(3)+Sta(2)+10 levels of Athe support(5)=10
Second Check: The captain organizes his men. Leadership (6)+Pre(1)=7
Third Check: Gervassio aims and fires with help from Bonaro and Drago at the the very start of battle. But something snaps, and the machine breaks! Horrible! Seige(2)+Dex(3)+4 levels of seige support(2)=7
Second Challenge:
First Check:The faeries attempt to hide and move towards the team. Drago with a little help from his friends spots a few though. Awareness(1)+Per(1)+5 levels of Awareness support (2)=4
Second Check: This gives the team enough time to be ready to dodge javelins the Fae have and make Aegis the most tempting target, but Drago and the captain also make themselves seen. Brawl(3)+Qik(0)+6 levels of brawl support (3)=6
Third Check: When a Fae reveals himself Aegis moves to cut him down. Single Weapon (4)+Str(2) = 6
Third Challenge
Soon the fae realize they've been thoroughly out-planned and surrender. Its time for the party! Paco is the one to figure this out. Folk Ken(2)+Int(0)=2
Aegis manages to charm one of the Fae men. Charm(Men)(4)+Com(2)=6
A great time is had by all, and Paco manages to out drink everyone! Carouse(3)+Sta(3)=6

Rolls:
First Challenge 4+10,2+7,0+7= two successes and a botch check 1 botch Oof! So that's two successes, and a botch. That gets us one reward and one loss.
Second Challenge: 2+4,6+4,2+6=Three successes!
Third Challenge: 7+2,2+6,2+6=Three successes!

Experience: 13xp
Rewards (3): = One "notch" and two points of covenfolk loyalty. The shield grogs had an amazing time.
Losses: Loss of Resources! (3 build points=30 pounds of silver!)

OOC: That's all I have time for right now. Is the experience limited to five in a single ability/art? Can Aegis apply xp to transforming? Specifically getting another improved characteristics virtue or an improved soak virtue? Does Indy Study apply once to the whole season or once for each adventure?

By this you mean that you rolled for the difficult of the second set of challenges and it came up 0?

As for the first set of challenges I don't have much that could meet a 12 difficulty, most two relevant abilities I have a probably concentration for the extra effort he'd have to do to complete more tasks in the bitter cold, and Athletics, as I suppose a higher athletics score would probably determine a little bit of your fitness and I suppose your bodies resistance against cold (though that's a bloody stretch) and I don't have anything like survival so the last one could be magic theory + int to dertimine the source of his strangely uncomfortable winter?

no, I rolled a zero for challenge category, which means you can choose what method to deal with that challenge. The challenge threshold is the same for every set of challenges.

I'm going to say independent study applies once per season- but so do penalties for might.
experience is limited to 5 per adventure in a single ability or art, and has to be one that would reasonably be used in the adventure.

Ah, so I get a choice of methods for both of them.

Yep. Pretty sandbox story there...