Born as the third child of five to his parents in Italy, Agapitus was one of two gifted children born into that set of siblings, the other being his youngest sister. His parents were completely overjoyed at their luck, though they were still attentive to all of their children. Agapitus’s father was a Redcap, and his mother was a member of the Milvi Antiquiti within house Mercere. Though his mother was originally planning on not training her own son, but the moment he showed any capability in Mutanum Magic, her mind changed quickly, and she began training him very early.
Given the boy’s age, his education was split up a bit to make things easier to digest. After a few years of training, the boy worked to aide his mother in her work to diffuse knowledge through books to all who requested it. He was mostly a librarian’s assistant when he was young and his mother’s apprentice. During this time, his mother also noticed the boy had a special affinity with animals. Agapitus seemed to naturally adore any sort of cat, dog, horse, and many other creatures, and they seemed unbothered by him. The only creatures the boy seemed to reject were snakes and lizards, which his mother felt was a fine trade off.
During his apprenticeship, Agapitus’s free time was filled with reading and stories mostly. His view of the world was somewhat limited, as this had basically been his life as long as he could remember. And as time went by, his view of the world became somewhat romanticized, having odd theories of love and adventure. He was not used to dealing with people outside of his own family besides business transactions, so Agapitus became tended to be shy around other people.
These tendencies frustrated his mother and other Mercere a bit. They were trying to encourage him to start having children to continue the line, but between his slight delusions and his introversion. Agapitus successfully completed his gauntlet, Agapitus was encouraged to leave home to live in the Thebes tribunal and set up shop for the Milvi Antiquiti there. Though this was partially true, it was more to get Agapitus out of his shell, so he would properly continue the Mercere line.
So Alair headed southeast to the Thebes Tribunal, and quickly began trying to find a place to work from and adapt to the area, unknowing of the actual reason he was there.
Wizard's Sigil: Agapitus's spells creates a comfortable warmth around their targets.
Personality Traits: Kind +2, Hopeless Romantic +3, Observant -2
Int +3 Per -2
Str 0 Sta +1
Pre 0 Com +3
Dex 0 Qik -2
Virtues and Flaws
Hermetic Magus, The Gift, Puissant Muto;
• Major Magical Focus – Mammals
• Inoffensive to Animals
• Method Caster
• Animal Ken
• Affinity with Bargain
• Mutanum Magics
• Restriction – Cannot target Reptiles or anyone/anything wearing or wielding anything made from reptile products, or transform anyone into one
• Compassionate (Major)
• Close Family Ties
• Deficient Technique (Perdo)
• Charm 3 – Being Clever – 15 Young. 15 later life
• Folk Ken 2 – Body Language – 15 Young
• Guile 2 – Elaborate Lies – 15 Young
• Italian 5 – Poetry – Native
• Artes Liberales 3 (Geometry) - 5 Later Life, 25 Educated
• Latin 5 (Hermetic Use) - 50 App, 25 Educated
• Magic Theory 3 (Animal) – 30 app
• Parma Magica 1 (Vim) – 5 app
• Animal Ken 3 (Dogs) – Score of 1 for free, 25 later life
• Order of Hermes Lore 1 (Vis Economy) – 5 app
• Bargain 3 (Books) – 30 Well Traveled (+15 exp w/ affinity) 45 final
• Milan Lore (History) - 15 later life
• (Around where the covenant will be) Lore (Markets) - 5 Well Traveled
• Classical Greek 3 (Hermetic Use) - 30 App
• Philosophiae 1 (Natural Philosophy) – 5 App
Creo 7 Intellego 5 Muto 5 +3 Perdo 0 Rego 5
Animal 6 Aquam 5 Auram 0 Corpus 0 Herbam 0
Ignem 0 Imaginem 0 Mentem 0 Terram 0 Vim 3
• Soothe the Pains of the Beast – CrAn - lvl 20 – Touch, Mom, Ind – Ritual – pg 117
• Image of the Beast – InAn - lvl 5 – Arc, Mom, Ind – pg 117
• Beast of Outlandish Size – MuAn - lvl 15 – Touch, Sun, Ind – pg 118
• Doublet of Impenetrable Silk – MuAn - lvl 15 – Touch, Sun,Ind – pg 118
• Mighty Torrent of Water – CrAq - lvl 20 – Voice, Mom, Ind – pg 121
• Incantation of Putrid Wine – MuAq - lvl 15 – Touch, Sun, Room – pg 122
• Push of the Gentle Wave – ReAq - lvl 15 – Voice, Conc, Ind – pg 124
• Wizard’s Communion – MuVi – lvl 15 – Voice, Mom, Group – pg 160
I made some conversions from an old character I had, but I may have done my math wrong, let me know if I did.