All roads lead to Africa (Fall 1244)

Vocis replies courteously "We look forward to meeting the Sultan at his convenience." And gives a nod to Vibra of thanks.

(Vocis will seek an opportunity to talk to Vibra aside when they can speak without being overheard)

"Very well, hopefully this meeting will be productive for everyone but the enemies of the Sultan." he raises his glass of tea as a form of toast, and the dinner proceeds with more casual conversation, unless any of the guests have a new topic to explore...

Nothing major. Vibria will talk about some of the art and the "exotic" merchandise she saw in the market, and compliment what she can see of the Vizir's house, furnishings, artwork, etc. without fawning over him.

point- you are not in the sultan's house, you are in a Vazir's house.

Corrected.

Towards the end of the conversation, the Vizir mentions "I believe one of the goals you had mentioned was checking the ancient library of Alexandria. Those ruins have been well picked over, both by scholars and architects, and what remains is the home of a hermit that would recommend leaving to his own devices. He has a strong connection to the library's genus loci, which is a rather potent spirit."

Vibria nods thoughtfully, reaching down to scratch Felix under his chin.

"I've heard of 'genus loci', but I don't think I've ever come across one, or even know very much about them. How about you?"

She looks at Jaksic and Vocis.

The Vizir smiles "You have. the spirit I sent to your ship was a genus loci, though bound to me and separated for a time from the place to which he is normally bound."

Vocis replies looking curious, "Apart from the traditions of the Thebian tribunal, I've not encountered them in any detail. I heed the warning, is the spirit to be avoided by all measure? A spirit bound library is enticing"

"I have little knowledge of that particular spirit, whether it be a peaceful haunt of learning or moved by vengeance for the desecration of its temple of knowledge, but the hermit sahir who resides there is not fond of company, and the Genius is either bound to him or a very good friend."

"Thank you." Vocis replies, "I'll ponder visiting the site further. With so many attendees in this expedition a short visit may be impossible logistically, with safety."

To the vizor - "Are there any other matters which you wish is investigate with us? "