An Absence and an Apology....

Hi,

I abruptly disappeared from these forums around a year ago, leaving two online games, and various other conversations.... and I apologize for that rudeness. (Especially to Timothy.)

Real-life intruded quite messily: As I was breaking up with a girlfriend, she got hit with metastatic cancer from which she isn't going to recover. I might have sent email then regarding my availability but kept putting it off. My own life remains a bit unkempt, I don't expect to be as involved here as I was, but I do want to resurface and let people know.

Anyway,

Ken

Welcome Back Ken :smiley:

Ken, life happens and games are less important. So sorry about your girlfriend. That's just terrible.

I seem to recall the last time we were in a game together I flaked off to go have OCD issues for several months.

I haven't been able to keep the game going properly while you were away. I think I should just formally close it. That's embarassing, but I think basically all the players have found better things to do with their time. Your advice before you left, which was that the slow-post, storygame, PC-driven structure of the thing gave it a low probability of success was bang on the money, by the way.

Glad you're back!

Hi,

Thanks! That wasn't quite my advice, fwiw. The crux of my advice is that especially in a PBeM, I believe that a GM has to contribute at least as much material as any player, and that your penchant for brevity works against this, despite the elegance you achieve. GM-provided detail is the fuel of player involvement.

Anyway,

Ken

Hi there, fellow flake. I was having life happen to me too.

Welcome back and I hope this is a better year for you.

Hi,

Thank you.

Anyway,

Ken