An offer in Venice (fall 1200)

"Okay. So overly suspicious. Magic is such an issue isnt it Alexander?" She looks to her dog and smiles before returning her attention to the man holding her. "Sir, I'd appreciate if you let go. I have a lame leg and I couldn't run if I wanted to. If I were going to pick a pocket, I wouldn't have walked at such a slow pace it doesn't even look leisurely. I also wouldn't have let you catch me, and I would have tried to escape instead of sit and talk. I would just like to ask some questions about the city. We can EVEN have the watch come listen in if that makes you feel better? Do you hear anyone else speaking Greek for me to talk to?" Aurelia's voice gets a little bit heated, frustration bleeding into her words at her inability to make people listen and her lack of ability with confrontation oriented magics.

"I'm not buying that. Someone get her dog." He pulls you over to a crate to sit you down, still holding your arm while someone else goes to get the watch.

Aurelia sits down as gently as she can and tells Alexander to sit next to her. Faithful pet he is, he wouldn't leave her side while she's in danger. Aurelia lets out a little sigh of pleasure at finally being off her leg and then looks at the sailor. "So now that Im sitting, wanna tell me about the city, or ooh, even better, tell me about the area around it! Any interesting legends related to the waters near here? Maybe a monster or two, a tradition of import relating to the water? Im curious, and it would be a great help if you could tell me."

He simply looks at you like you're crazy. Moments later the other sailor arrives with a pair of guardsmen in tow as well as the priest you met earlier, who is speaking with the guardsman in Magyar.

Aurelia lets out a long sigh. It just seems to be one of those days. She looks to the priest and the watch and gives a smile. "Its wonderful to see you again your holiness. I see you have come to let this fine gentleman know that I am no common pickpocket. Just a traveler trying to map out this beautiful city." She takes a moment to look the guards over before deciding fighting wouldn't do anything useful for her. For the sake of all that is good and mysterious, I need some poor peasant to talk for me. It usually... I haven't ever been LIKED by people much have I? God, if they would just answer my questions I could leave.

" I have indeed explained to them that you are no common pickpocket, but a Venetian spy and an infernalist to boot." At which point the two city guards haul you to your feet.

Aurelia's eyebrows drop down, frustration and anger rising to the forefront. She resists slightly, just enough to get some words out, "Excuse me, what proof do you have of either of these accusations? I have been nothing but forthright with my goals, my Dreams, and not one of you has actually listened. I have not used any magic, not even to shield you from the common suspicious nature that my having the gift makes you feel. I have not damaged a thing, Ive been here for one day, Ive payed for everything Ive taken in full. Where is your proof that I am either of these things? That I limped up to a sailor? That I asked the priest here KINDLY to help me make a MAP?"

Aurelia really doesnt wanna damage the city... she only has a few combat ready spells and one of them is going to throw every person, tree, and building in the area. Even so, she pulls the words to the forefront of her mind, to the tip of her tongue, ready to cast Wielding the Invisible Sling on any loose stones or metals, and to order Alexander to attack a guard.

Nobody answers you, the guards who are hauling you none to gently away do not appear to speak Greek.

(So are there any items nearby I can wing at a guards head with my spell? something with some oomph? Cause Im not being dragged away because the priest doesnt like me. Also, how many people would be hurt by Crest of the Earth Wave?)

The streets are paved with stones, and there is loose ironmongery about around ships. Depending on how loudly you shout maybe a hundred people or more. If you overcome the divine aura (2 here)

Aurelia is a little upset with herself for leaving her lab behind. She can't just leave the city without it, and she can't stay in the city if the guards are hostile and after her. I can escape a cell if they leave me in one, but I still wont be able to run. She seethes in anger, the mistreatment based on nothing but false suspicion and honesty. "I have been nothing but honest, and I am disappointed that you are treating me this way priest. Nothing but honest and kind. I just want to explore, and to make a map. Is curiosity a crime now? Alexander, down. Lab."

She doesn't want him to be hurt, but he is there to protect her... She doesnt know if he'll listen. If he doesn't, well, there will be no going back once she hurts someone with magic.

The priest is not sticking around, nor are the dock workers. The guards are dragging you through the crowd.

Aurelia sighs and waits to not be in a crowd. The guards shouldn't be too hard to deal with once she is away from peering eyes.

The streets are crowded until they have you inside a guard station. They set you on a bench and talk with the man sitting at a desk while they stand beside you. You are deeper in the city now and the divine aura is stronger (3)

Aurelia just looks around and waits. This is getting more and more inconvenient, and the heavens just look down on me from above with no signs of help. What have I done to deserve this? I just wanted to make a map. Is there an issue with that? With being curious about the world? She waits for someone to talk to her, curious as to whether they speak Greek, her anger rising higher and higher as things stop being fun, and start being very boring.

After a few minutes talking you are hauled back past the regular prison cell where you can hear multiple people in a single room behind the oak door to a second room, with a thick oak door which leads to a room with a single chair which you are pushed into and left alone.

Aurelia takes a moment to contemplate what form of torture she is about to experience. This has been a thoroughly disappointing experience, and its probably about time she simply walked out.

Maybe they'll go with a good old whipping. Ooh, burn me alive? Cut off my hands and out my tongue? I should learn to turn into an animal. That sounds like the easiest course of action. Just that or... oh my, maybe detaching my senses from my body? That could be very fun, and with Alexander guarding me it isn't much of an issue.

She stands up and walks over to the door, laying her hand on it and preparing to cast Supple Iron and Rigid Rope to make the door flexible enough to bend open.

(A -9 puts a real damper on this. Herbam requisite makes this just a tad harder. All in all I should just get a level of fatigue and walk right out, and if I fail... I can always just wait.)

For clarity, a divine aura of 3 is a -9 penalty

(Got it)

Supple Iron and Rigid Rope MuTe[He]10 to use on a wooden door. If that is the case then I got a 1, which means fatigue... ew, but yeah.

The door becomes flexible, though it is still attached to the frame by the hinges and the lock (and you take fatigue)