Anathasios of Flambeau (rough draft)

Here is my alternate character idea, Anathasios of Flambeau. He is built following my classic pattern of fiery adventurous Flambeau magi with a cheery heroic disposition. I think you guys might like this character better, and he would e a better fit for the style of saga you guys want.
Let me know what you think. Whichever you guys pick, I will revise him and post a clean new post with his stats.

Anathasios of Flambeau:
Characteristics: Int +2, Per -1, Com -1, Pre +1, Str +2, Sta +2, Dex +1, Quik +1
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping: 0 (0)
Confidence: 2 (5)
Virtues & Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Warrior; Flawless Magic; Fast Caster, Gift of Tongues, Improved Characteristics, Independent Study, Mastered Spells, Puissant Parma Magica, Skilled Parens; Enemies, Optimistic (Major); Heroic Personality, Legacy (Reculed Seneca), Minor Essential Flaw – Laconic (Communication), Temperate
Personality Traits: Laconic* +3 (Communication); Optimistic +5, Stoic +4, Brave +3, Loyal +2, Competitive +1
*Essential Trait [sup](applies as a penalty to or substitute for Communication when engaging in lengthy detailed discourse; such as oration or writing.; Teaching large groups or Writing Texts is affected, but not one-on-one personal Training or Teaching)[/sup]
Reputations: Sexy Shoeless God of War +0 :mrgreen:
Combat:
Infantry Shield (Hoplus): Def 4, Str 0, Load 3
Dodge:
Grapple/Fistfight:
Knife:
Soak: +
Fatigue: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, ko
Wounds: -1 Lt (1-5), -3 Med (6-10), -5 Hvy (11-15), Incap (16-20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Greek 6 (Romaic),
Artes Liberales 1 (logic), Athletics 1 (running), Awareness 1 (alert), Brawl 4 (grapple), Concentration 1 (spells), Finesse 2 (speed), Hunt 1 (tracking), Magic Theory 4 (spells), Parma Magica (Corpus), Penetration 1 (Ignem), Single Weapon 4 (with shield), Stealth 1 (sneak), Survival 1 (forage), Theban Lore 2 (Morea), Thrown Weapon 4 (spear)
545 -450

Arts: 10+
Creo 5, Intellego 3, Muto 4, Perdo 4, Rego 5
Animal 3, Aquam 3, Auram 3, Corpus 4, Herbam 4
Ignem 5, Imaginem 3, Mentem 3, Terram 4, Vim 5

Spells Known:
MuAn15 Doublet of Impenetrable Silk (Mastered 1; Lab)
PeCo15 The Wound that Weeps (Mastered 1; Multicast)
ReCo15 Leap of Homecoming (Mastered 1; Fast Cast)
ReCo15 Endurance of the Berserkers (Mastered 1; Imperturbable)
MuHe15 Aegis of Unbreakable Wood (Mastered 1; Lab)
ReHe15 Tangle of Wood & Thorns (Mastered 1; Fast Cast)
CrIg20 Pilium of Fire (Mastered 1; Multicast)
PeIg10 Winter’s Icy Touch (Mastered 1; Multicast)
CrMe15 Heart of the Lion
CrTe15 Sword from the Unseen Scabbard (Mastered 1; Fast Cast)

Twilight Scars & Effects:
Magic Sigil:
Symbolic Sigil:
Equipment: sandals, toga, girdle, hoplus, spear, short sword
Encumbrance: 0 (load 5, Burden 2, Str +2)
Appearance: 5’6”, 175lbs, brown hair, hazel eyes,
Background:

Conceptually, it seems fine.
The actual level of Parma seems to have gotten elided.

Also, I don't see where you used the extra 50 points of Mastered spells. You get 1 Mastery with every spell for Flawless, don't you?)

That's from the virtue "Mastered Spells".

Further comments.

• You seem to have 1 xp too much in the Arts (415+510+6*6=326).
  • Leap of Homecoming is level 35 by the core book. Perhaps you meant Wizard's Leap?
  • Heart of the Lion does not have a mastery indicated, leaving 5 xp from Mastered Spells unsused.

Nice generalist fighter magus.

That's from the virtue "Mastered Spells".

Further comments.

• You seem to have 1 xp too much in the Arts (415+510+6*6=326).
  • Leap of Homecoming is level 35 by the core book. Perhaps you meant Wizard's Leap?
  • Heart of the Lion does not have a mastery indicated, leaving 5 xp from Mastered Spells unsused.
  • You might want to think about making Endurance of the Berserkers a variant with D:Diam instead of the standard D:Conc
  • There is a typo in "Pilium" of Fire :laughing:
  • Bind Wound may be a necessary addition to the spell list, either now or later. Or perhaps comission an item with it from a friendly Verditius? 8)

Nice generalist magus-fighter.

The character has the major virtue of flawless magic. That gives 1 mastery in all skills. so it appears he never used the 50 mastery points from Mastered Spells. I expected to see a couple of spells bumped to mastery 2 or something.

Ah, yes, so true.

Actually, with Flawless Magic, he could probably have a score of 2 in the mastery of each of his spells, since the virtue doubles the amount of experience spent on mastery.

I am dropping Flawless Magic, to similar to another character of mine). I made some revisions on my home computer, I will post latter. And yes, I did mean Wizard's Leap :slight_smile:
More changes to come. Trying to make this guy distinct, and an awesome warrior wizard (though, being old school, I dislike the title "school of Ramius")

Personally, I think this character is much better suited for this saga and will be more fun to play than the Apramor magus I designed. What do you guys think?

I think he's looking great. I'm also building someone who could be characterized as a warrior magus, but I think the concepts will remain distinct.

Gift of tongues? Also Heroic Personality required Mythic Blood (or a mythic companion instead of a magus) which you don't have.

I had the same thought, but the Legacy flaw gives access to Heroic stuff.

Okay, this is a story flaw, based on the idea you will be assigned more difficult tasks- I do want to know who will be assigning these tasks.

That is up to you :slight_smile:
and, because I like to finish what I started (mostly)...
Anathasios of Flambeau:
Characteristics: Int +1, Per -1, Com -1, Pre +1, Str +3, Sta +2, Dex +1, Quik 0
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping: 0 (0)
Confidence: 2 (5)
Virtues & Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Warrior; Aphrodite’s Blessing[sup]1[/sup], Essential Virtue – Fierce Fighter[sup]2[/sup] (Dexterity), Fast Caster, Gift of Tongues, Improved Characteristics, Mastered Spells (x2), Puissant Parma Magica, Skilled Parens, Tough; Enemies, Optimistic (Major); Heroic Personality, Legacy (Reculed Seneca), Minor Essential Flaw – Laconic (Communication), Carefree
Personality Traits: Fierce* +3, Laconic* +3; Optimistic +5, Cheerful +4, Brave +3, Loyal +2, Competitive +1
[sub]1 same as Venus’ Blessing, just using the Greek name
2 applies as a +3 bonus to or a +3 substitute for Dexterity in combat
3 applies as a -3 penalty to or a -3 substitute for Communication when engaging in lengthy detailed discourse such as oration or writing; Teaching large groups or Writing Texts is affected but not one-on-one personal Training or Teaching.[/sub]
Reputations: Sexy Shoeless God of War +0 :mrgreen:
Combat:
Dodge: Init +0, Def +0
Grapple : Init +0, Atk +0, Def +0, Dmg +0
Spear (& Infantry Shield): Init +0, Atk +0, Def +0, Dmg +0
Thrown Spear: Init +0, Atk +0, Dmg +0

Soak: +5
Fatigue: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, ko
Wounds: -1 Lt (1-5), -3 Med (6-10), -5 Hvy (11-15), Incap (16-20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Greek 6 (Romaic); Artes Liberales 1 (logic) , Athletics 1 (running), Awareness 1 (alert), Brawl 4 (grapple), Charm 1 (ladies), Concentration 3 (spells), Faerie Lore 2 (Greek), Folk Ken 1 (warriors), Finesse 3 (speed), Guile 1 (sarcasm), Hunt 1 (tracking), Leadership 1 (intimidation), Magic Lore 2 (monsters), Magic Theory 3 (Ignem), Order of Hermes Lore 1 (in Thebes), Parma Magica 1+2, Penetration 3 (Ignem), Single Weapon 5 (with shield), Stealth 1 (sneak), Survival 1 (forage), Theban Lore 2 (Morea), Thrown Weapon 4 (spear)
Arts:
Creo 5, Intellego 4, Muto 4, Perdo 4, Rego 5
Animal 3, Aquam 0, Auram 0, Corpus 5, Herbam 3
Ignem 8, Imaginem 0, Mentem 0, Terram 3, Vim 1
Spells Known:
MuAn15 Doublet of Impenetrable Silk: CT +9
CrAu15 Charge of the Angry Winds: CT +11; Mastered 1 (Imperturbable)
ReCo15 Wizard’s Leap: CT +15; Mastered 2 (Fast Cast, Stalwart)
ReCo15 Endurance of the Berserkers: CT +16; Mastered 3 (Imperturbable, Quiet, Silent)
MuHe15 Aegis of Unbreakable Wood: CT +9
ReHe15 Tangle of Wood & Thorns: CT +10
CrIg20 Pilium of Fire: CT +17; Mastered 2 (Multicast, Penetration)
PeIg10 Winter’s Icy Touch: CT +17; Mastered 3 (Fast Cast, Multicast, Penetration)
CrTe15 Sword from the Unseen Scabbard: CT +11; Mastered 1 (Fast Cast)
InTe15 Howl of the Steel Weapons: CT +9
Twilight Scars & Effects:
Magic Sigil:
Symbolic Sigil:
Equipment: sandals, toga, girdle, hoplus, spear, second spear
Encumbrance: 0 (load 5, Burden 2, Str +2)
Appearance: 5’6”, 175lbs, brown hair, hazel eyes,
Background:

And with that, I must apologize but I think I will need to dip out of this. I have a lot of BS and anxiety going on in my life right now, and I really should focus more attention on the game I am running. It is rather large and I have been slacking. I mentioned some of this to Silveroak yesterday, and I am also slacking on a story I promised one of his characters in that saga.

Very sorry everyone :frowning: