Ancient Discovery (Winter 1244)

Looking atC&G, Donna's craft Ability should technically be "Craft-Steel". with a specialty in Weaponsmith. The Armor can be Superior, but it needs a few days for custom fitting. But Donna may be going with. Which leads me to...
Donna, I have a special assignment in mind. I want you to accompany us want you to come with us on this Africa expedition. Our cover is going to be that we are representatives of a trade guild trying to open new markets. Put together a nice sample package of your wares. Not your top shelf stuff, but a few impressive items.

p68 of city and guild indicates that swords should be made by swordsmiths while armor should be made by armorers. I believe when I first started Donna you suggested it should be weaponsmith instead, which is referenced in covenants, and would include non-metallic weapons, but we did discuss armor being something she could do on default when the covenant acquired the hide of the salt wyrm with penalties for exotic materials and related crafting abilities.

Donna grins Roberto "most certainly, could I perhaps request an illusion to hide my mark?" she gestures to the brand on her cheek. "perhaps the illusion of a beard?"

So a Superior armour is available? Nice, how good?

My father has had cordial relations with Templars and the Knights of Santiago. 'Tis a shame that the houses of the holy do not share information as efficiently as the Houses of Hermes do. But then again, I suppose that is the fault of our own poor diplomacy. Let us together take steps to correct this oversight.

As for preaching, my own theology is more of a "good news"style as opposed to the "woe and repent" dogma. I have strange influences. But I do not mind preaching if done in good cheer.
As you have been informed, I am Jewish by blood and Catholic by heritage. I am not a convert or a crypto Jewess. I have tried to be more Jewish. I had a phase when I was younger. It doesn't work for me.
I am sure you are surprised to learn how boring and normal we magi really are, how we long to fit into society as normal mortals. I am sure you will be fascinated by many new discoveries yet to come. For now, let us share wine and cheese and have conversation. I am happy to entertain your questions while you have my ear.

Mateu nods appreciatively at the first response of Carmen. A woman of sense. Same with her heritage.

Our Saviour was full Jewish by heritage. Who you decide to be is up to you, not your blood. Still, jews are still salvageable souls: They just fail to see that God has moved forward and cling to the old texts instead of embracing the newer ones. When they do, they are perfeclty fine people. I guess that accepting half the Gospel will ensure that they have a fair trial in after Purgatory.

I look forward to see those boring lives of yours. I think it will be interesting. I apreciate the openness of your cadre of magicians. The first question is if I need to know anything special regarding the expedition to North Africa where I am embarking. I know we are after a location and the disclaimers that go with that. You can be assured of my discretion. No, I am more inerested in knowing what is likely to happen that owuld surprise me if I was unaware of it. Like flying sorcerers or fire swords. Not that I expect any of this nonsense, mind you, only using grand examples to underline my question.

Roberto, as time seems to be somewhat of the essense, with us leaving tomorrow, perhaps The Woad should meet the councilmembers of Andorra? Either for a formal petition of membership, or at least to pay his respects. In Hibernia at least a short meet and greet would be the norm, but the Woad does not yet know how protocol is here. Or is it something that can wait, with a briefing of the expedition's specifics being more important?
He thinks he is set for equipment now.

The Woad would like a metal armour, probably just a hauberk of metal scale or chain. Is it +1 Protection for quality?

Carmen and Roberto glance at each other nervously. Carmen smiles.
Some wizards are subtle, others are flamboyant. Roberto over there, he has been known to set his sword aflame time and again. I myself take to flight as easily as you may take to your mount.

Mateu makes a conciliatory gesture, but you can see that he does not fully believe what you say. It was not my intention to question your ways madam, but I have never seen something of that ilk and was under the impression that the rumours I had heard were just the usual exaggerations of minstrels waiting for a fatter purse. If the capabilities of the Magi of Hermes are of such calibre and I can observe them in the field, I am sure that my superiors in the Holy Order of Saint John will be more than happy to seek a working relationship with you once we determine what can draw your attention and we can provide.