Overall

Hector of Tremere, +30years

Characteristics: Int 3, Per 0, Pre 3, Com 0, Str 0, Sta 1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Size: 0
Age: 55 (40), Height: 5'8'', Weight: 160 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 4(10)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: Hermetic Magus, The Gift , The Gentle Gift, Affinity(Rego), Animal Ken, Faerie Blood (Sidhe), Improved Characteristics, Minor magical focus (certamen), Puissant Leadership, Skilled Parens, Study Bonus; Ambitious (Major), Loose Magic, Supernatural Nuisance, Study Requirement
Personality Traits: Ambitious +6, Brave +2, Suspicious +1
Reputations: Reliable Tremere 2
Combat:
Dodge: Init: 0, Attack --, Defense +3, Damage --
Dagger: Init: 0, Attack +4, Defense +2, Damage +3
Fist: Init: 0, Attack +2, Defense +2, Damage +0
Kick: Init: -1, Attack +2, Defense +1, Damage +3
Soak: 1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious (usually ignores penalties due to Endurance)
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Animal Ken 2 (fish), Artes Liberales 2 (ceremonial magic), Athletics 2 (climbing), Awareness 2 (at sea), Bargain 2 (large deals), Brawl 2 (Dodge), Charm 2 (first impressions), Civil and Canon Law 2 (contracts), Code of Hermes 1 (loopholes), Concentration 1 (maintaining spells), Etiquette 2 (nobility), Faerie lore 1 (aquatic fae), Finesse 4 (Herbam), Folk Ken 2 (sailors), Intrigue 2 (tremere infighting), Latin 5 (hermetic usage), Leadership 3+2 (sailors), Local Language 3 (nautical terms), Magic Theory 5 (rego) , Order of Hermes Lore 1 (mages), Parma Magica 5 (mentem), Penetration 1 (herbam), Philosophiae 2 (ceremonial magic), Profession:sailor 3 (cogs), Ride 2 (forests), South Slavonic 5 (croatian), Survival 2 (finding water), Swim 2 (underwater manoeuvering), Teaching 3 (apprentices)
Arts: Cr 10, In 5, Mu 10, Pe 10, Re 19(2), An 5, Aq 10, Au 6, Co 7(7), He 10, Ig 5, Im 5, Me 7, Te 3, Vi 10
Twilight Scars:
Sigil: A smell of brine
Equipment: Robes with a pocket full of slingstones, a stout staff made of walnut, a couple of wooden darts.
Encumbrance: 0 (1)

Spells Known:
Footsteps of slippery oil, CrAq 5, +21
The Magic Vintner, CrAq 30, +25 including Artes lib and philosophiae for ritual
Lungs of the fish, MuAq(Au) 20, +16
Cloak of the ducks feathers, ReAq 5, +30
Break the oncoming wave, ReAq 10, +30
Ward against the faeries of the waters, ReAq 26, +30
Push of the gentle wave, ReAq 26, +30
Bind wound, CrCo 10, +18
Gift of the frog's legs, ReCo 15, +27
Lifting the dangling puppet, ReCo 15, +27
Piercing shaft of wood, Mu(Re)He 10, +21
Curse of the rotted wood, PeHe 5, +21
Shiver the timbers, ReHe 25, +30
Veil of invisibilty, PeIm20, +16
Wizard's sidestep, ReIm 10, +25
The call to slumber, ReMe 10, +27
Aura of rightful Authority ReMe25, +27
The Unseen Porter, ReTe 10, +23
Wielding the Invisible Sling, ReTe 10, +23
Day of Communion, MuVi 30, +21
The Faerie's Bane, PeVi 10, +21
Aegis of the Hearth, ReVi 20, +36 including artes lib and philosophiae as ritual

Talisman:
+4 control things at a distance
+4 destroy things at a distance
+4 affect dead wood
+3 affect living wood
+4mind
Effect "Curse of the rotted hull" PeHe 20 24 times/day, rots a 1 pace across area in a wooden target at sight range.
Gather the watery vis ReVi(Aq) 20 3 times/day, as gather essence of the beast but concentrating from a body of water.
Sight of vis, In Vi 15 2 times/day, allows Hector to see vis.
Ward against heat and glames, ReIg 25 2times/day.
Gather the cloudy vis, ReVi(Au) 30, as gather essence of the beast but at sight range and target part with Auram requisite so you can concentrate vis from one weather feature.

Laboratory to follow, now has a major feature of a water wheel (+2Rego,+1Aquam)

This all looks good to me. I'm eager to see what's in store for 31-45.

Hector's presence and competence in social abilities (intrigue etiquette, charm, and similar) are key for the covenant in 31-45.

I'm thinking Basuas could help here as well?
Janus produces the tools for negotiation, by having spells to replace lost livestock and agricultural produce, and by having devices to speed up the processes from animals through raw materials to worked products.

It seems many of Hector's social graces could also be put to good use in Hermetic politics, and Janus spends some energy here as well, although his skills are moderate at best.

Proposed familiar: Pisces, an Echineis (Remora) of Virtue: as mentioned on ROP:M p67, this is a small fish, approx 6 inches long, that stop an entire ship. As it has majestic powers of control, I will use Rego as the technique. As a fish, Aquam is entirely appropriate. I will go for size -7 - for a 6 inch fish rat/weasel size seems best.

Fish base mental stats cunning -3, per -2, pre -5, com -6, and for physical stats I will treat as salmon 5 sizes smaller - str -14, sta +4, dex 0, Qik +5.
Abilities Brawl 2 (dodging), survival 3 (sea), awareness 2 (ships), swim 5 (native sea). For qualities, I think slippery and timid are appropriate (a small fish that relies on magic powers rather than big teeth would be timid). Timid adds stealth 4(hiding), awareness 4(predators).

A companion-level magical creature in a medium-power saga (for 30-45 year old magi, I think this is the most appropriate) should be about might 10. For its 10 points of qualities, I suggest Major Virtue:Way of the sea, Greater Power - halt ship, improved powers, improved soak x 3.
Power halt ship - ReHe 4 control wood, +3 sight takes it to level 20, +3 structure to 35, +2 day to 45. 5 levels left over =1 mastery point. Base cost 5, initiative 5 cancels the creature's Qik +5 for overall initiative 0. Using 6 mastery points, I will reduce power cost to zero and increase initiative to +1.

The creature's soak of +10 helpfully reduces the odds of being splattered, seeing as the wound levels would be similar to the salamander of virtue - -1 (1), -3(2), -5(3), Incapacatitated (4), dead (5+)

Seems sensible to me.

hi darkwing - are you ok?
Busy with Real Life?

I'm busy having started a new job two weeks ago, and also struggling with the iniquities of the UK benefits system (recent changes left me considerably worse off than I would have been previously). Anyone know how to get an arcane connection to a government minister?

Good to hear you haven't been kidnapped by a cult or something. I asked CJ quite specifically about this, but he denied any involvement...
Knowing what he was planning at GTU 2014 during the meet and greet one never knows.

I'm sure government ministers eat lavish lunches, so disguise yourself as a waiter and nick they wine glasses for bits of saliva. Or help they pun on their cashmere coats or mink stolae (is that correct plural? or even a proper word?) and snatch up a loose hair.

You have my sympathies

I wish!

I hate how the infernal make some things so much trickier.

As a former peon initiated into the lowest rank of our Tribunal's chapter of said Mystery Cult, you might try your MP's constituency office. If you petition them, they may be willing to assist you using their collection of Arcane Connections. You don't even have to promise to cede them a vote at a future Tribunal meeting, unless they are particularly venal. :wink:

Hector of Tremere +45 years

Characteristics: Int 3, Per 0, Pre 3, Com 0, Str 0, Sta 1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Age: 70 (49), Height: 5’8”, Weight: 160 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 1. 2 points each on Int and Pre, 1 on Sta.
Warping Score: 5(15)
Virtues and Flaws: Hermetic Magus, The Gift , The Gentle Gift, Affinity(Rego), Animal Ken, Faerie Blood (Sidhe), Improved Characteristics, Minor magical focus (certamen), Puissant Leadership, Skilled Parens, Study Bonus; Ambitious (Major), Loose Magic, Supernatural Nuisance, Study Requirement
Reputations: Reliable Tremere 2, Schoolmaster 1(1)
Combat:
Dodge: Init: 0, Attack –, Defense +3, Damage —
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious (usually ignores penalties due to Endurance)
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Animal Ken 4 (fish), Artes Liberales 2 (ceremonial magic), Athletics 2 (climbing), Awareness 2 (at sea), Bargain 2 (large deals), Brawl 2 (Dodge), Charm 2 (first impressions), Civil and Canon Law 2 (contracts), Code of Hermes 3 (loopholes), Concentration 1 (maintaining spells), Etiquette 2 (nobility), Faerie lore 1 (aquatic fae), Finesse 4 (Herbam), Folk Ken 2 (sailors), Guile 1 (half-truths), Intrigue 2 (tremere infighting), Latin 5 (hermetic usage), Leadership 3+2 (sailors), Local Language 3 (nautical terms), Magic Theory 5 (rego) , Order of Hermes Lore 1 (mages), Parma Magica 6 (mentem), Penetration 2 (herbam), Philosophiae 2 (ceremonial magic), Profession:sailor 3 (cogs), Ride 2 (forests), South Slavonic 5 (croatian), Survival 2 (finding water), Swim 2 (underwater manoeuvering), Teaching 5 (apprentices)
Arts: Cr 10, In 10, Mu 10, Pe 10, Re 23, An 7, Aq 12, Au 10, Co 10(10), He 12, Ig 5, Im 5, Me 7, Te 5, Vi 10
Twilight Scars:
Equipment: Robes with a pocket full of slingstones, a stout staff made of walnut, a couple of wooden darts.
Spells Known:
Footsteps of slippery oil, CrAq 5, +24
The Magic Vintner, CrAq 30, +30 including Artes lib and philosophiae for ritual
Lungs of the fish, MuAq(Au) 20, +21
Cloak of the ducks feathers, ReAq 5, +36
Break the oncoming wave, ReAq 10, +36
Ward against the faeries of the waters, ReAq 15, +36
Push of the gentle wave, ReAq 15, +36
Neptunes Wrath, ReAq 40, +36
Bind wound, CrCo 10, +21
Gift of the frog’s legs, ReCo 15, +34
Lifting the dangling puppet, ReCo 15, +34
Awaken the slumbering corpse, ReCo 25, +34
Piercing shaft of wood, Mu(Re)He 10, +23
Curse of the rotted wood, PeHe 5, +23
Shiver the timbers, ReHe 25, +36
Wizard’s sidestep, ReIm 10, +29
The call to slumber, ReMe 10, +31
Aura of rightful Authority ReMe25, +31
The Unseen Porter, ReTe 10, +29
Wielding the Invisible Sling, ReTe 10, +29
The Faerie’s Bane, PeVi 10, +21
Aegis of the Hearth, ReVi 20, +40 including artes lib and philosophiae as ritual
Talisman:
+4 affect dead wood
+3 affect living wood
+4mind
Effect “Curse of the rotted hull” PeHe 20 24 times/day, rots a 1 pace across area in a wooden target at sight range.
Gather the watery vis ReVi(Aq) 20 3 times/day, as gather essence of the beast but concentrating from a body of water.
Gather the cloudy vis, ReVi(Au) 30, as gather essence of the beast but at sight range and target part with Auram requisite so you can concentrate vis from one weather feature.

Teaching from 3 to 5 – 45xp – allows teaching of apprentice
Terram from 3 to 5 – 9xp
Animal Ken 2 to 4 – 35xp (can now communicate with familiar!)
Age +30 rego 128 base xp with affinity = 192, or 19(2). 23 needs 276, or 184xp, -128 is 56xp to raise rego to level 23.
In 5 to 10 40xp (improves certamen)
Aq 23xp to 12
He 23xp to 12
Au 34xp to 10
An 13xp to 7
Remaining 30 xp into Co – from 7(7) to 10(10)
Code of Hermes 1 to 3 25xp
Parma Magica 5 to 6 30xp
Penetration 1 to 2 10xp
Guile 1 5xp
xp so far, 228 in arts (with study bonus am getting 38/yr – 6 yrs is 228), 150 (5 yrs) in abilities.
Familiar:1 season bonding a Remora, a ReAq fish (Aq for fish, Re for its power to stop ships dead) bonding total 46. Gold cord 2, silver cord 2, bronze cord 2
1 season binding into bond Locate familiar
1 season binding into bond Locate Hector. For these two effects, see ArM5 p105 – InAn to find familiar, InCo for familiar to find Hector, level 4. He wants to have unlimited uses/day for total 14. Hector’s InAn total is In10+An7+Int3+MT5+aura3 or 28. His InCo before he increases his Co total is also 28, so he can enchant a level 14 in one season.
3 seasons teaching familiar Magic theory one-on-one gives 42xp, for a score of 3(12) – this offsets the familiar’s Int -3.
2 seasons: Enchant into Talisman: The Rot-proof grain ship – CrHe base 2 (preserve plant products from decay), range touch, Duration moon, Target structure, +1 for 2 uses/day – total CrHe26 (cr10+he12+Int3+MT 5+Aura 3+5 talisman+1 for He already enchanted – lab total 39 so 2 seasons). The structure touched by the talisman is warded against rot and decay, protecting both the timbers of the ship (or barn) and the plant products inside. The name refers to the fact the largest ships in use are for the purpose of carrying grain to feed cities.
1 season re-doing ritual of longevity – as a more senior Tremere he will be able to call upon more assistance when designing it, and his Corpus is slightly better, so I will say his ritual improves from -8 to -10.
1 season finding an apprentice.
1 season opening the arts.
2 seasons in instructing apprentice
2 seasons in spells – I will learn Neptune’s Wrath ReAq40 without a text.
1 season researching “awaken the slumbering corpse” without a text

Ritual of longevity +8, living conditions +2 including lab modifier. 5 rolls with +6 modifier for age, 5 rolls with +7 for age, 5 rolls with +7 for age but 2 taken off for bronze cord as he has bound his familiar by this point.
First five with -4: 7, 8 , 2, 3, 2 Apparent age increases 2 years
Second five with -3: 6, 9, 1 then 8 so 16, 6, 6 apparent age increases 5 years, Increases decrepitude to reach next level and crisis! Crisis is simple die (5) + age/10 round up (7) + decrepitude 1 – total 13, bedridden for a month. Hector will need to get a new ritual.
Third five with -4:5, 3, 9, 8, 5 Apparent age increases 2 years

Hector has been instructed to train an apprentice. So far, he has picked up teaching xp at the same rate he has learnt Latin, Artes Liberales and Philosophiae, using the rule from Art & Academe that when a character attends classes for these subjects they can allocate up to half their study total into points in Teaching. As a gently gifted magus, he can attend classes and blend in with ease. Now he needs to learn teaching and gain 45 xp quickly. In game terms, this is about a year and a half of experience for a magus. If he spent 6 seasons apprenticed to someone with Com +1 and Teaching 5 (enough to make a reasonable professional teacher), he will gain 8xp a season for 6 seasons, or 48xp, which is close enough. So half a year for three years, Hector becomes a teaching assistant. I will give him one experience in an appropriate reputation per season, so now Hector has a reputation as a schoolmaster.
Hector has bound his familiar – the familiar’s main power is its ability to stop ships dead in their tracks, and Hector has anti-shipping effects as spells and in his Talisman, so he doesn’t feel the need to bind any into their bond. He has Animal Ken so he can understand his familiar, and he doesn’t see the point in making it easier for his familiar to communicate with random sailors. He does however need to keep track of his familiar at sea, and likewise help his familiar locate the ship Hector is on.
Hector’s longevity ritual had a disaster, so he has had to create a new one and suffered a few aging points early on. Hopefully a better ritual and addition of a familiar will ease his problems. He has an apprentice who has had their arts opened and two seasons of instruction done – in the next 13 years he will have finished preparing a new Tremere magus and be ready for archmagehood.

OK, I was drawing a blank for good spells to invent that I really need, so have taken a couple from the main book and concentrated on the skills needed, a familiar and apprentice (to reflect House Tremere's desire for him to take his responsibility) and the perils of an aging disaster. I wasn't very lucky with the dice - the 1% chance of hitting the "increase decrepitude to the next level" came up. With a good stack more Rego , a respectable Intellego and a bit more in his forms he can probably research better stuff next time. The 42xp in teaching for his familiar is important - if Hector does 3 seasons of teaching both apprentice and familiar, he gives familiar 11xp and apprentice 12xp/season - so his familiar will reach 75xp (level 5, so a net +2 lab modifier for int-3 familiar) and his apprentice get 36xp or level 3.

Bausas has an intelligence raising ritual (+3 max) that he picked up at year 41 and used 6 times ere year year 45. The ritual is target circle so it would have made sense to include Hector's familiar and apprentice in it

Absolutely!

If you'd rather skip the 45-60 demon period and just jump in to the 61-75 ship augmentation period I'd be fine with Hector having been trapped in a slow time regio with antagonistic water faeries for a decade and a half and only now having escaped. That way, if you wish, you could be working on the same projects at the same time.

Faeries (or demons) can often be used to explain or fudge most anything. It's a long time to have been gone, but for practical purposes it might be a fix to ensure Darkwing does not break down completely trying to catch up with the rest of the magi.

On the subject of stat boosting, Andreva has the following casting tablets that Hector could use if he desires:

Familiar at age 45:
Pisces, an Echineis (Remora) of Virtue:
Size -7
Fish base mental stats Int +3, per -2, pre -5, com -6, str -14, sta +4, dex 0, Qik +5.
Abilities Brawl 2 (dodging), survival 3 (sea), awareness 2 (ships), swim 5 (native sea). stealth 4(hiding), awareness 4(predators), Magic Theory 3 (12) (rego).
Soak:+1-
Damage levels: -1 (1), -3(2), -5(3), Incapacatitated (4), dead (5+)

Qualities: slippery,timid
Might:10
Magica qualities:Way of the sea, Greater Power - halt ship, improved powers, improved soak x 3.
Power halt ship - ReHe 4 control wood, +3 sight takes it to level 20, +3 structure to 35, +2 day to 45. 5 levels left over =1 mastery point. Base cost 5, initiative 5 cancels the creature's Qik +5 for overall initiative 0. Using 6 mastery points, I will reduce power cost to zero and increase initiative to +1.

Hector of Tremere +60 years

Characteristics: Int 3, Per -1(due to decrepitude), Pre 3, Com 0, Str 0, Sta 1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Age: 85 (53), Height: 5’8”, Weight: 160 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 1 (1). 2 points each on Int and Pre, 1 on Sta and Per.
Warping Score: 5(15)
Reputations: Reliable Tremere 2, Schoolmaster 1(1)
Combat:
Dodge: Init: 0, Attack –, Defense +3, Damage —
Abilities: Animal Ken 4 (fish), Artes Liberales 2 (ceremonial magic), Athletics 2 (climbing), Awareness 2 (at sea), Bargain 2 (large deals), Brawl 2 (Dodge), Charm 2 (first impressions), Civil and Canon Law 2 (contracts), Code of Hermes 3 (loopholes), Concentration 2 (maintaining spells), Etiquette 2 (nobility), Faerie lore 2 (aquatic fae), Finesse 5 (Herbam), Folk Ken 2 (sailors), Guile 1 (half-truths), Infernal Lore 1 (local demons), Intrigue 2 (tremere infighting), Latin 5 (hermetic usage), Leadership 3+2 (sailors), Local Language 3 (nautical terms), Magic Theory 5 (rego) , Order of Hermes Lore 1 (mages), Parma Magica 7 (mentem), Penetration 4 (herbam), Philosophiae 2 (ceremonial magic), Profession:sailor 3 (cogs), Ride 2 (forests), South Slavonic 5 (croatian), Survival 2 (finding water), Swim 2 (underwater manoeuvering), Teaching 5 (apprentices)
Arts: Cr 12, In 10, Mu 10, Pe 12, Re 25, An 9, Aq 13, Au 10, Co 11(4), He 12, Ig 7, Im 7, Me 7, Te 5, Vi 12
Twilight Scars:
Spells Known:
Footsteps of slippery oil, CrAq 5, +24
The Magic Vintner, CrAq 30, +30 including Artes lib and philosophiae for ritual
Lungs of the fish, MuAq(Au) 20, +21
Cloak of the ducks feathers, ReAq 5, +36
Break the oncoming wave, ReAq 10, +36
Ward against the faeries of the waters, ReAq 15, +36
Push of the gentle wave, ReAq 15, +36
Neptunes Wrath, ReAq 40, +36
Bind wound, CrCo 10, +21
Gift of the frog’s legs, ReCo 15, +34
Lifting the dangling puppet, ReCo 15, +34
Awaken the slumbering corpse, ReCo 25, +34
Piercing shaft of wood, Mu(Re)He 10, +23
Curse of the rotted wood, PeHe 5, +23
Shiver the timbers, ReHe 25, +36
Wizard’s sidestep, ReIm 10, +29
The call to slumber, ReMe 10, +31
Aura of rightful Authority ReMe25, +31
Order the unruly sailor, ReMe 30, +31
The Unseen Porter, ReTe 10, +31
Wielding the Invisible Sling, ReTe 10, +31
Invisible Sling of Hector
Crest of the Earth Wave, ReTe 20, +31
The Faerie’s Bane, PeVi 10, +21
Aegis of the Hearth, ReVi 20, +40 including artes lib and philosophiae as ritual
Circular Ward against Demons, ReVi 30, +35
Talisman:
+4 affect dead wood
+3 affect living wood
+4mind
Effect “Curse of the rotted hull” PeHe 20 24 times/day, rots a 1 pace across area in a wooden target at sight range.
XP
Arts 5 years with study bonus for 38xp/year = 190xp.
Cr to 12 23xp
Pe to 12 23xp
Re to 25 48xp – not going any higher due to the study requirement. Once his talisman has enough enchantments in place to control everything Hector doesn’t, his lab with the huge mechanism will be suitable to study to higher levels.
An to 9 17xp
Aq to 13 13xp
Ig to 7 12xp
Im to 7 12xp
Vi to 12 23xp
Remaining 5xp into Co for final 11(4)

Abilities: 120xp
Penetration to 4 35xp
Parma Magica to 7 35xp
Faerie Lore to 2 10xp
Finesse to 5 25xp
Concentration to 2 10xp
Infernal Lore 1(local demons) 5xp

Lab work:24 seasons
size +2(+1 occupied), refinement 1, general quality 0,upkeep 0, safety 0, warping 0, health 2, aesthetics +1. Virtues spacious, Greater Feature (Mechanism- water wheel), plus magic enchanted in by other magi to affect the entire covenant.
Current lab specialisations +8Rego, +7auram, +1 Aquam, +2 health
Teaching apprentice 13 seasons.
Extra teaching – 3 seasons of teaching 2 students magic theory– familiar 11xp/season and apprentice 12xp/season. 3 seasons gets familiar to level 5 and apprentice MT 3(6).
1 season inventing Invisible sling of Hector: Like Invisible Sling of Vilano (HoH:S p38) but using the level 15 guideline so it hurls a stone for +15 damage, range increment 20 paces. Base 15, + 1 touch, total ReTe20. Rego 25 + Te 5 + Int 3 + MT 6 + aura 3 + familiar bonus 8 = 50 without using apprentice or lab bonus.
1 season creating Crest of the Earth Wave without a text. ReTe 20, total as above 50
1 season creating Circular Ward against Demons level 30. Re 25 + Vi 12 + Int 3 + MT 6 + aura 3 + familiar bonus 8 + apprentice bonus 6 + lab bonus 8 = 71
1 season Enchanting into talisman “lord of the plants and planks” – animates small plants or things made of wood so they move around without Hector’s direct control. ReHe base 10, +1 touch, +2 sun duration, total 25 with +10 for unlimited uses total 35. Rego 25 + He 12 + Int 3 + MT 6 + aura 3 + talisman bonus 5 + familiar bonus 8 + apprentice bonus 6 + 1 herbam effect enchanted + 3 rego effects enchanted + rego lab bonus of +8 is 80. This talisman will allow Hector to animate wooden mops or buckets onboard ship by touching his staff to them, or to animate plants in his lab. This is entertaining, useful for labour saving, and helps increase his lab’s ability for him to study Rego. Hector’s Re is maxing out at 25 until he has enchanted many effects that will allow him total control inside his lab.
1 season enchanting into talisman “Behold the burning bush” – turns a fire into the shape of a bush under Hector’s control. ReIg(He) base 10, Herbam requisite is cosmetic, +2 range voice +2 duration sun for level 30 + 4 levels for 12 uses/day total ReIg(He) 34. Rego 25 + Ig 7 + Int 3 + MT 6 + aura 3 + talisman bonus 5 + familiar bonus 8 + apprentice bonus 6 + 4 rego effects already enchanted +3 affect things at a distance=70.
1 season enchanting into talisman “rearrange the room” – moves the visual images of up to 100 nearby items to places within 5 paces. ReIm base 3, range voice +2 duration sun +2 target group+1 +3magnitudes total ReIm30 +4 levels for 12 uses/day ReIm 34. Rego 25 + Im 7 + Int 3 + MT 6 + aura 3 + talisman bonus 5 + familiar bonus 8 + apprentice bonus 6 + 5 rego effects already enchanted +3 affect things at a distance=71.
1 season creating “order the unruly sailor” gives a person a complex task which they will try to do to the best of their ability – ReMe base 10 +2 voice +2sun for total 30. Re 25 + Me 7 + Int 3 + MT 6 + aura 3 + lab bonus 8 + familiar bonus +8 + apprentice bonus +6 = 66.
1 season creating “Hector’s fire” which is a ritual that fills up to 10,000 clay bottles within shouting distance with a flammable liquid (naphtha) if you are using “Lands of the Nile”, or a corrosive liquid (vitriol) if you are sticking to the ArM5 main rulebook – CrAq ritual base 2 + voice 2 + group+3 target for total level 25. Creo 12 + aq 13 + Int 3 + MT 5 + aura 3 + familiar bonus 8 + apprentice bonus 6 = 50

Hector releases another Tremere into the world – with MT taught early on through extra teaching of apprentice and familiar, his apprentice makes a big difference to the lab and can start learning arts and spells a little earlier. His talisman will have several enchantments to control the area around him, and Hector has several more Rego spells, all so he can satisfy the Study Requirement getting quite extreme when you want to go past 25.
He has an improved indirect attack, and his finesse is improving through his study for certamen. He develops a circular ward against demons as the covenant is under attack. He also has improved mind control and the ability to stockpile enough flasks of damaging liquids to fund a siege.

Aging - -10 ritual, -2 for bronze cord – 2 for living conditions for total 14
1st 10 years at (81-90/10) 9-14 so -5 modifier –rolls 4, 1 then 5 for 10, 5, 4, 2, 6, 4, 4, 3, 2 – apparent age increases 1 year.
5 years as (91-95/10) 10-14 so -4 modifier – rolls 9, 1 then 10 for 20, 0, 8, 6 0 apparent age increases 3 years and 1 aging point in Per. Sadly this drops his score from 0 to -1 – his senses are going with age!