ArM5: Frozen Castle of Cold Hearts (5-8)

The Tribunal book is a White Wolf vintage with lots of demons. Flambeau and Guernicus are fairly dominate in the Tribunal. While the Reconquista is happening ( mainly in the southern half) the Shadow Flambeau ( infernal Hermetic Wizards) are raging around attacking Covenants.

Oh. Third Edition holdover. Nrrh. I didn't have any Infernally-related plans, so if nobody is too attached to the demon overabundance, I'll nix it.

so whatcha want, we will adapt!

My impression is that that part is the least liked part of the book, so I doubt you'll get much resistance there,

Having that many diabolists around would just serve to make the setting less interesting I think. It presents too black and too overt of an enemy and doesn't leave much room for the natural tensions inherent in a Christan/Muslim/Pagan paradigm.

(Thanks all for the run down on Iberia by the way!)

Any of the WW Tribunal books are demon heavy. Rome is almost unplayable with the amount of infernal things. Iberia looks to be about the same.

Ignoring the demons...There are several Crusades and many battles between the Northern kingdoms of Castile and Leon ( and for a lesser part Aragon) and the Muslims. I would recommend looking to Aragon for placement of the Covenant on the Map. Barcelona and Valencia( captured in 1238) are part of Aragon as it runs from the Pyrenees Mountains south down the coast. It was under Roman control for a long time.

Aragon gets pulled into France's Civil war ( as recounted in the Faith and the Flame) because they are on the border. The King of Aragon, James, sends for the vilest people in his kingdom to assassinate Montfort.

Avoiding being dogged by demons is part why I was hoping for a Tribunal with a 5ed book.

Here is the first pass at the follower of Pendule. she still needs one more virtue. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'll have a write up for background and more personality traits when we move to the game forum

[size=150]Scurra[/size]
Characteristics: Int +2, Per +1, Pre 0, Com 0, Str ‑ 1, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik +2
Size: 0
Age: 25 (25), Height: 5'2'', Weight: 128 lbs, Gender: Female
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
[table][tr][th]Virtues[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]The Gift[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Affinity with Imaginem[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Flawless Magic (Study Totals: Doubled for spell mastery)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fast Caster (Initiative: +3 to cast spells in combat)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Puissant Imaginem[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Affinity with Muto[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spell Improvisation[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]quite Casting[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hermetic Magus[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Faerie Magic*[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th]Flaws[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Carefree[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Faerie Upbringing[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Weird Magic (Botches on Stressed Casting: Extra botch die)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Restriction (Cannot cast while touching the earth directly)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Indiscreet[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Deficient Form (Mentem)[/td][/tr][/table]

Combat:
Dodge: Init: +2, Attack ‑ ‑ , Defense +2, Damage ‑ ‑
Fist: Init: +2, Attack +0, Defense +2, Damage ‑ 1
Kick: Init: +1, Attack +0, Defense +1, Damage +2
Soak: +1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, ‑ 1, ‑ 3, ‑ 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: ‑ 1 (1‑ 5), ‑ 3 (6‑ 10), ‑ 5 (11‑ 15), Incapacitated (16‑ 20), Dead (21+)
Abilities:
[tableborder][tr][th]Skill[/th][th]score[/th][th]specialty[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Latin[/td][td]4[/td][td]hermetic usage[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales[/td][td]2[/td][td]logic[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Philosophiae[/td][td]1[/td][td]metaphysics[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Faerie Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory[/td][td]3[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Parma Magica[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Code of Hermes[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Finesse[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]2[/td][td]spell concentration[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]2[/td][td]acrobatics[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Climb[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Ken[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Merinita Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dance[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Order of Hermes Lore[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fairy Magic[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Arts: Cr 4, In 2, Mu 10, Pe 4, Re 4, An 2, Aq 0, Au 0, Co 5, He 4, Ig 4, Im 10+3, Me 2, Te 0, Vi 7

Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
Spells Known:
Aura of Ennobled Presence (MuIm 10) +25, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Discern the Images of Truth and Falsehood (InIm 10) +17, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Disguise of the Transformed Image (MuIm 15) +25, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Illusion of Cool Flames (PeIm 10) +19, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Illusion of the Shifted Image (ReIm 10) +19, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Image Phantom (MuIm 20) +25, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Invisibility of the Standing Wizard (PeIm 15) +19, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Wizard's Sidestep (ReIm 10) +19, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Disguise of the New Visage (MuCo 15) +17, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo(An) 5) +12, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Preternatural Growth and Shrinking (MuCo 15) +17, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Mirror of Opposition (Ignem) (MuVi 15) +19, Mastery 1 (fast casting)

Well, what are you trying to pull off with Quiet (not "quite") Magic? If you really want to be casting anything without speaking, you might want to take Quiet Magic a second time. I know you're doing that right now via Flawless Magic, but it makes me wonder if Flawless Magic is a good investment. If 90% of what you get out of it is that second Quiet Magic, take Quiet Magic a second time to get 90% of the value for 33% of the price, freeing up a lot of points of Virtues for all sorts of things. Of course, if you really want to focus on CrIm and MuIm, you might rather take Deft Imaginem instead.

Deft Imaginem would look good. Scurra is a jokester but also will be doing a lot of counterspells once she gets further into the mysteries. Quite magic I think works well with illusions and countermagic. Especially if she is doing a prank and does not want to be caught. Removing the Quite Magic virtue and replacing with Deft works fine. It would allow me to change some of the others to fast cast.

You might also consider a Major Magical Focus in Faerie (which as written that way I take to be limited to Faerie Magic since it's not "Faeries," which I would take to be the beings and not Faerie Magic), as listed in HoH:MC. I'm just not sure how much you're trying to get out of Flawless Magic still, and I know that if you're dealing with various mysteries (Animae, Glamour, Becoming) it applies a lot.

Would it apply to any spells with the Faerie durations in spells? so any spell cast with the different durations be effected?

I would say No. Otherwise, we'd have a focus in voice covering all voice-ranged spells.

I've started a new game and joined another one. I've realized I do not have the time I would want to devote to this game.

Inoffensive to faery ?
second sight (illusion) ?

Oh wow this actually looks really cool. I just skipped it since it had like two weeks for recruiting. Have a slot still? Please? Oh hey Pralix left! Can I have his slot?

Hi there! So, um, is there room for one more?

Hi there!
So, um, I swear I posted yesterday, but my post seems to have been eaten by the internet. Here's me, trying again.

If you have room for one more, I have a concept I think will fit in well with the current group.

I'm thinking that my character is one that has struggled against the restrictions of society and religion, partially because of gender, but also because there are so many limitations written into the religion itself against magic. She struggles with her faith and her desire to do and learn more. aAother difficulty she has with her faith is the gender angle, because she had to fight to learn things, to be included. Because she can't be a rabbi, or count toward the quorum needed to pray, all of it. So, there is a constant internal struggle, especially because of the egalitarian nature of magic and the Order of Hermes. It seems awfully welcoming, moreso than her faith community, and more appealing. So, she has started, slowly, to part ways with Judaism as it is practised and trying to find her own route, but she constantly worries that what she is doing is inherently wrong and she is going against God.

This has the bang-whimper feel already. I'll head a different direction, like Pralix. If it picks back up you still have enough to run without me, and now there should definitely be space for Quite Possibly a Cat.

has this gone and died?