ArM5: Frozen Castle of Cold Hearts (5-8)

I think this game would benefit from a game forum because we're having several topics in one place, despite bitter's commendable efforts to keep order.

+1

grin Eternal zombie ftw.

I thought I saw explicitly the other day in RoP:F, that you have the option to add FS (thanks for catching my incorrect FC!) to MT in a lab total but then have to experiment. Maybe I'm missing something?

Ooh, a Bjornaer and a Shapeshifter. Excellent!

Hmm. Order of Odin not likely in GA; more likely Rhine and Novgorod.

Tremere owns Transylvania; Novgorod is pretty empty, Hermetically.

+1

excuse me on the novogrod bit...i had a brain fart.

As for the GAlps...they can extend...something, humpy hump problems! I got nothing there then

Of course Puissant MT and Foci apply to initial known spells. I'm not a monster.

Personal Vis Source annually...? Am I really even supposed to tell you that? Well, whatever. It'll be either 3 or 5 depending on how literally I take the wording, most likely 5.

Gee, I thought you guys would come to some kind of magical concensus on the Tribunal thing. I almost want to leave it undefined because I don't want to constrain myself. Hm... Keep yelling at each other, maybe it'll click in my head soon.

Undead don't get tired as far as I'm aware. As for Perception... It's explained in RoP:M, but I'm too at-work to check right now.

Go ahead if you want, Kareruren. Though that would put as at nine players, so I'll either turn them down or cut somebody else depending on my opinion of them.

yaaaay. Well its good to know what your virtue will pan out. my SO wil put up some stuff for her concept likely in a lil bit.

So...how do people feel about posting their one true favorite for tribunal and we go with majority rules?

1. Alps
  2. Novgorod
  3. whatever the others want
  1. Iberia
  2. Novograd

Novograd or the Alps here.

1. Novgorod
  2. Any of Rhine, Levant, Normandy, Hibernia, Thebes, Transylvania... I have current edition books for these. :smiley:

(Levant would be #1, except I'm the only one who likes the idea, so Novgorod is better imo)

I guess I am a monster then :smiling_imp: I don't apply foci.

Well, now that we know you expect us to decide we can make a vote or something as proposed by kareruren. Reaching a decision without this information would have been quite tactless IMHO.

I already gave my favorite tribunals but here they are again :

1. Thebes
  2. Iberia
  3. Greater Alps.

Now you're the monster too :open_mouth:

I asked David Chart about this omission in learning spells when it came up in a game I was involved in. My original question was about allowing the focus in learning the initial spells (it certainly applies to casting totals, so it not applying to lab totals is...odd. [quote="David Chart"]

I’ll add a small clarification to state that this is meant to be a Lab Total. We can’t just say that, because people might not know what a Lab Total is at this point in learning the game.
[/quote]

You... Vile beast...

Some difference it makes. Honestly, I'm letting you guys pick because aside from Transylvania or Stonehenge I wasn't intending to let the Tribunal affect the saga too much. All I really care about is you guys being near the Church; everything else can either be explained with "magic did it" or "well this is one of the weirder parts of the Tribunal so deal with it."

Oh fine then, I suppose I should do the only moral thing and invite players regardless of whether I think I can handle that many. No problem, not at all.

... Yeah, no, if enforcing my recruitment rules makes me a monster, I'll take 50 Might, please.

@Jonathan link : Thanks for the clarification.

@ The almighty SG

Just to make sure we're on the same page because I sometimes suffer from misunderstanding on forums : I was ironic, I know you have to keep the number of player manageable. As a side note I really need an equivalent to exclamation mark for Irony... Maybe I'll make It a color on dialogue.

It seems the one tribunal that comes up more than any others at this point is Novograd from those who posted them.

I recognized the irony, and tried to respond with a joke. All-around communication failure? offers handshake

@Kareruren: I guess Novgorod works. Instead of being pagans in a strongly Christian land, we'll just be part of the mass of pre-existing filthy, backwater Pagans that need to be introduced to the light of Christianity. :unamused: Kind of boring to have the frozen castle be surrounded by other cold stuff though. Then it just seems territorial instead of symbolic. Any strong objections aside from my own before I say "ah, screw it, I can join the Novvy fanclub"?

My order of those:

1. Iberia
  2. Alps
  3. Novgorod (not set against it, just done a few of those)