ArM5 Master Index

Do you know if anyone has produced an electronic master index for all of the Ars Magica 5th Edition books? Kind of like an "index volume" that one might find as the last volume of an encyclopedia set? There are a lot of rules, expansions, additions, playable character types, spells, creatures, etc. etc. spread out over the thirty or so books currently printed, so I'm looking for a compiled index.

There are a number of indexes available from the ArM5 page (look in the sidebar on the right), but there isn't a master index. It would be an enormous amount of work, and we wouldn't be able to sell the book, so it relies on someone volunteering. As yet, no-one has.

Is it possible to run the pdfs through indexing software? Something like Textract?

I helped with the previous index, and each book took hours of work, so I agree you'd need to find a way to automate the process.

Sorry it took me a while to get back this....

Yeah, a hardcopy book for sale would definitely not work (it would have to be updated after every new publication and no one would probably buy it anyway). I was looking for something like the spell index, virtue/flaw index, etc. but for the entire series. I have every 5th edition book, but there's no unified index available. The usefulness of a master index is obvious. You could look up "Mythic Companion" and find every page in every book that contained information on Mythic Companions (as an example). Right now, a person has to rely on their own familiarity with all of the sources to find everything about a particular subject.

Maybe I don't know what I'm getting into, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. Is there any way I can help out?

If you'd like to put such a thing together, we'd be more than happy to post it on the Ars Magica page on the Atlas website. Just send it to me at michelle AT atlas DASH games DOT com when you're done, with a reminder about this thread. Thanks for volunteering!