Arnau d'Orfes. Firecaster & Merc. (development)

Sword of Quality is 10qp, that is grandfathered in and I have not had a chance to revise the economics system yet. So go with 10. When I do post a revised system, some stuff will be more expensive but you wind up with more vis at the end, so existing characters are all sure to be due a small refund.

I will leave him as is. I have 2XP to put somewhere, but it is not much, so I will keep in reserve. Well, when do we attack the next fortress?

Where is your character in Autumn 1233?

City of Mallorca (historic name of palma de mallorca at the time). He can be around at any point of the island running errands and assaulting remaining muslim strongholds at any given time. I thought i had said it in the background.

Xavi

City of Mallorca (historic name of palma de mallorca at the time). He can be around at any point of the island running errands and assaulting remaining muslim strongholds at any given time. I thought i had said it in the background.

Xavi

I don't think a ruby IoQ can provide a bonus to fire magics.

The bonus is supposed to be related to the use a professionnal would have in his trade. I can't see a ruby be of any use for that.

Now, marko may rule to lift that, as some people do. But:

• When I asked how did it work here(Because, it is was lifted, I'd have asked for a staff of quality to improve arachné finesse rolls with projectiles), it was ruled that the raw was followed.
  • If a ruby IoQ improves fire magic, I can't see flambeau not getting one on top of the Ruby Attunement of their talisman, to get +12 to fire-related effects. In fact, I can't see magi not piling on IoQ, since these would duplicate the effects of Talisman Attunement.

Hum... It seems to me that should be related to his triggers. So, displays of Sahir Magic? Islam-related things, like seeing someone do his prayer? Arabs in position of power?
It depends on how much of a racist you want to make him, in a way. Does he have a problem with arabs, ruling arabs, armed arabs, Muslims (not the same thing as arabs!), overt muslims, or just sahirs? This makes for widely different characters.

Hmm. Point taken about the IoQ. It just hit me when looking at the bonuses for the sword that I could do that with a ruby. Maybe I overdid myself. If the ruby is not acceptable, maybe a pyrite or flint of quality should provide a bonus to create fire instead? They were certainly used for the trade of starting fires at the time.

Fury vs Muslim magicians seems adequate, but it makes him very weak vs them. He wants to bring them down, so losing control of his actions in front of them do not seem like the best option. Displays of disrespect towards Christianity might be more adequate. he is a crazed fiery crusader in practical terms, so it tens to fit, I would say. Good catch there. Thanks! :smiley:

Cheers,
Xavi

Probably, yes.
You'd need to use it for that, but... This screams Full Metal Alchemist to me: I'm sure there must be a way to design something awesome looking, just like the various methods the alchemists there use.

Like, he could have his flint on his dagger's pommel, and scrape it on a prepared surface on his arm protection, drawing sparks that become flames he throws at his enemies.

It's a good fury. The OoH is secular enough that it may bring him trouble with a lot of magi, for example, and there are enough pagan cults in ars.

How would he react towards a devout Moslem or Mercurian Pagan that was still respectful of Christianity and tolerant of diversity?

With dilike, but not overt violence unless the guy did something stupid. He does not like them at all, but full out violence is not nefessarily the best reaction. He is intolrant, but not (totally) stupid. He knows he is right in his beliefs, and okeone questioning them is not an option

Sounds good?

Enviat des del meu MT6515M usant Tapatal

allrighty then.
One thing you need to be mindful of is a third common faith of difference, one you will encounter frequently. The pontifex of Andorra, Carmen of Flambeau, is half Jewish. Her mother grew up in one of the calls in Barcelona.
Hmmmm...
Perhaps Arnau should stay away from Barcelona :laughing:

Well, jews are useful. Missguided but useful, so we tolerate them. Generally. :stuck_out_tongue: Think about a crusader knight (crusading orders) and how he would see other faiths. In general he can be tolerant but he tends to think of he other dudes as enemies. He tends to be at war with them after all.

But then, i only tend to fully define the personality of my characters as i play them. More than usually i tend to surprise myself :slight_smile:

Enviat des del meu MT6515M usant Tapatalk 2

The character has prejudices and is flawed. This is natural and human. And characters can have cathartic moments and do often surprise us. But remember, your enemies are political. You are of a people resisting being conquered and taking their lands back. The religion part is coincidental, but it is omnipresent.

Indeed. Where is the issue here? :slight_smile:

There is none :smiley:
Are there any final issues that need be resolved or are you ready for the final draft?

To know if i can get a pirite oc quality to help in my firecasting. The rest is mstly done. I also need to review my inceptions but right now i am 700 km away from my books, so i will not do that until thursday. The character is finished anyway. Only those minor details to touch up.

So, Fire Caster.

We have that as an accelerated ability that follows the CrIg guidelines to create fire (minor focus)?

Broader than an Ex Misc ability (can vary range, guideline, duration and target), yet a little harder. Compared to Elementalists, it seems a little more powerful (they need a major + a minor to do ReIg), but, OTOH, he can't increase it with other forms, so let it burn.

EDIT: Well, I was tinkering with Arnau yesterday. I removed the inceptions si9nce they were complicated to use for what I would get out of them; for starters, they required a lab equivalent to hermetic lab in requisites and cost, and hermetic labs in "covenants style" give me a headache. So I decided that I do not need that info anymore :slight_smile:

What I found is that I misscalculated his XP, so I have plenty of XP to spend, like 90 XP :open_mouth: Tinkering with his abilities and age. Final version in a few hours.

I still need to know if he can have a pyrite of quality and what bonus would it provide (+3 create fire?). I liked the fixer's (I think) idea of him hitting the pirite against his armor's rugged forearm to create sparks and intensify them until it is an uproar of flames hat he directs at his enemies. Oh yeah baby :smiling_imp: Cool image FTW. The pyreite would be in the cross of Talladora, his sword.

lol I was thinking about it yesterday, I'd said +3 too.

Ok, final version of the character is up. if there are no comments, I will put it up in the new topic and start roasting people.