Ars Magica GRIMOIRE

On the other hand, evidence (bubbles) suggests that air naturally pushes water aside. So I would be in favour of dropping the Aquam requisite, saving you 1 magnitude.

Also, I think a Base 3 might be sufficient and change it from Re(Cr) to Cr(Re). You create fresh air around your head, and keep it there in a bubble. Creating fresh air is Base 1, while controlling it is Base 2. Thus a Base 3 would be reasonable. That would drop the overall level to 20, in line with Lungs of the Fish. Just different flavour of spell.

1 Like

IIRC, there's a spell just like that in the Hermanus chapter of LoH.

Serf's parma, you should check it in case I'm sprouting nonsense, but I believe it's a straight CrAu base 01 to create fresh air… But with added magnitudes since this is very unnatural. IIRC, the end result is also on par with IoL. Any attempt create air under water would suffer from the same problem, which is probably why Lungs of the Fish gets around this with Muto.

There another near spell guideline on tSE-TT, for the Dolphin Automata that works like a Submarine.

Behold the ultimate spell. As in the last one that will ever be cast.

Ultimate Spell: PeTe(re, ig) 120
Range: Touch, Duration: Mom, Target: Ind, Ritual
This spell explodes the planet with a burst of natural motion. The strength is sufficient to overcome the gravitational binding energy (or in the medieval paradigm disrupt the cause for natural motion downward). While only earth is directly effected the force will destroy most everything else and scatter it across the higher spheres.
Base 3+2 metal+1 requisite+1 Touch +23 size.

Doable with a major research project and a wizard's communion for casting purposes.

1 Like

In a similar vein to the above spell, this will require an even larger research effort, but if you pull it off the price is well worth it. It uses the lunar sphere as its boundary. The limit of the lunar sphere is not broken, nothing beyond it is affected.

Hell's Eternal Oblivion - PeVi-150
Range: Sight Duration: Mom, Target: Boundry, Ritual
All infernal creatures in within the lunar sphere lose 20 points of infernal might.
Base 10 +4 Boundary, +3 sight +21 size

This would be a massive project, top magi from the whole Order, lead by someone who has studied and practiced for years on organizing people into a lab. That same magi will want great PeVi too. Intelligence boosting rituals for all, a dedicated lab etc. A weaker version of the spell to claim a similar spell bonus. And casting it would need a full set of level 50 wizard's communions. However, after firing it three time? No more demons. Every single one of the monsters in existence would be destroyed. Well at least the ones that reside on Earth. (RoP Infernal puts the max might of a demon at 50. Losers.)

1 Like

Reviewed in thread, adding here for completeness.

and

A beefed up version of the basic make me bigger spell. Discussion was had in forums about how many size ranks per +mag to allow.
My basis was around the mass increase from a typical target's additional mags. alter the mags and +size boost in the underlined to suit your HR.

A simple reworking of GotBF for Animal targets.
Arguable if it should affect all animal targets, only affect a broad class of animals (beast vs birds vs fish, vs insects), a narrow class (predator mammals), or just a type of animals (wolves). I went with a wide application. YSMV.

Reminds me of the 3e spell, "what armed soldiers"

and for the more personal touch, a smaller effect area.

and then needing to loot the bodies

A glowing stones spell, a very poor man's version of a light effect.

Two ways to make the surface of a wall transparent one way. There was much discussion on these concepts a long while ago, but posting here anyway. Two effects to get to the same result, one Perdo, one Rego.

A straight write up of the Creo Corpus guideline for resolving an aging crisis though magic.

Discussed here: muto idea - flatten an object to 2d

Can this propel the stone without Rego? Dropping it from above seems fine, but very unsure about moving it.

Yes, as a cosmetic effect. But aimed is pointless as the stone is magical.

This is Crystal Dart in flavour, and that has a req of Rego. It also has a "won't miss the wall, might miss a human" description. imho it needs a Rego Req, and potentially a separate thread for this chatter

I was trying to imagine the spells that a magi uses each day to improve the mundane parts of his life.

Purging the Unclean Body
PeCo 15, Req: Creo
Range: Touch, Duration: momentary, Target: Part
When the spell is cast, a ring of flame rises from the base of the person to their crown, destroying any waste products in the body. Additionally, it preserves the body and improves the balance of all humors. Anyone subjected to the spell will feel as if they had a healthy urination and bowel movement, and will also feel generally healthier. If the spell is cast regularly (at least once per week), it will add +1 to the quality of living for the current season.
(Base 3, +1 Touch, +2 Part, +1 Creo Req.)

I like it.

A spell to alter another spell so that it is always considered optimised for the target.

Concept discussed here