Ars magica volume of sales?

(I posted something similar on the Ars Magica forum, but Timothy Ferguson suggested here would be more appropriate).

I was wondering if it was possible to know the numbers of Ars Magica 5th edition book sales (note: the # of items, not the money made :slight_smile:):

1. of the core book
  2. of translations of the core book
  3. of supplements

Even approximate numbers would be very interesting. This is just personal curiosity.On the other hand, I realize that perhaps Atlas might want to keep this information private, though I can't really see why (indeed, if Atlas does not want to disclose the info, I would be really interested in the motivations).

Hi there. I've brought this question to John's attention.

Well, as a privately held corporation, we don't as a matter of general practice share detailed sales or financial information with the public.

In terms of supplements, I'm comfortable saying that we have typically printed 1,000 to 1,500 of each Ars Magica 5th Edition supplement on its first printing. Numerous supplements have needed to be reprinted.

The core rulebook needs to be printed in larger quantities, both because of higher demand and also to make its 2-color interior printing affordable. Today we are down to the very last case of the second printing, and the third printing is due to arrive from the printer in the middle of this week, avoiding any out-of-stock time between printings.

I hope this is enough to satisfy your curiosity. :slight_smile:

Thanks, it was very helpful.