Ars Magica: What if we joined them? (3-6 Players)

Ok, I'll send notice to the admins.

An email I just sent:

Nicolas,

Name: "What if we joined them"
Description: In the Theban Tribunal, magi attempt to integrate with mundanes.

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 10:09:58 AM PST, nicolas@atlas-games.com wrote:

Sounds good, is there a name and description for the campaign?

-Nicolas

Someone clearly isn't reading his email carefully.

Game forum has been created! Please move discussion over there.

Folks, I'm sort of taking over the role of Storyguide. I'm doing this because I would like to start the game, and everything takes a while to discuss in posting environment. I'm borrowing a number of ideas from "A Dirge for the Order" since they seem to make sense. I'd like to offer these as a starting point, with the exception of Jonathan Link's Ritual Magic: [url]https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/house-rules-and-character-development/11100/1]

I don't seem to have posting rights to the new board.

This is from the "Instructions for GM's" [url]PbP Startup Instructions for GMs]

1. Be sure that you and all of your players join the "Play by Post Players" group. To do this, click on the "User Control Panel" link at the top of this page. Once on the control panel, click on the "Usergroups" tab. Then, select the group you want to join by clicking the radio button on the right and clicking submit at the bottom of the page. Make sure the dropdown next to the submit button is set to "Join selected."

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm in!

Hello,

I am new to Ars Magica (read the core rules only a few weeks ago) and am looking for a covenant that would be able to accommodate novice players.

Do you think that your Adventure would be suitable for me, and do you have any player slots still available for players that are total beginners ?

Amitiés,

Roger ("Mallet")

We are still in the creation phase so I think we should be able to take in a other player but I don't think its a good setting for a new player.
We decided to go with a strong covenant with a heavy influence of the divine, play in the tebes covenant who have quite the different customs compared to a normal covenant and take turns in be the storyguide.
In my opinion this means you need to have at last some knowledge from 4-5 different sourcebook or you couldn't take your turn in be a SG also you need to know how to build a older then usual starting magus.

Hello,

thank your for your quick reply.
Your answer confirms my suspicions.
The rules are quite complex, with levels within levels, so I don't see myself being a storyguide in the near future.
I think ideally I should be searching for a group of novice players like myself.
Thanks again !

Amitiés,

Roger (Mallet)

Do you still have spots open? I'm experienced in play, but it's been a while. I've been trying to get something together irl with no success. If magus spots are taken, I'd love to play companions or apprentices etc.

We're fairly far into character design, but I'm not against adding another. I don't know what the others think,

Be aware, though, we're playing this with a rotating storyguide. Everyone in the saga is on the hook for running stories as well as playing in them.

I'd post to the OOC discussion thread in the forum just to make sure the others see your request.

I'm also fine with a other player joining us.

gulp That's fine cough I can do that... looks for exists easy.

I've run games irl, just intimidated I think by the prospect of running on these forums.

I have some characters I was working on in the attempt to play elsewhere, so I should be able to catch up quickly. I don't have divine or infernal or covenant books though. Thebes tribunal and most other books, I have.

Character concepts: I have a weak, hermetically, Merinita Maga I've been reworking, enchanting music, performance and story magic, gentle gift...

A companion or magus level cat, black lineage. Warding and focus power necromancy.

"Obsidian drake" suitable for being a familiar. That one doesn't really fit the setting. I've just been making characters this last month off and on looking for games.

A female hermetic theurge, magic blood of old gods... siren of Persephone, attempting to revitalize a cthonic cult of Demeter, Persephone, and Hectate.

That one looks like it would fit in well. We're in a city, so Gentle Gift is a plus.

So far as I'm concerned, you can have a magus. But you also get a companion (and a familiar, if you want).

You're right. Probably not the right character for this setting,

That fits the Theban tribunal well. But you should be aware that, by and large, we are a Christian group. This character might not get a whole lot of sympathy trying to revive a pagan cult.

Yes, we can use another character to join us. Come on in, the water's fine!

It's a fairly high-powered setting we plan to do.

Sweet. Thanks. I should be able to catch up. Ok maybe not fully, but hit the ground running with the cat. I need permissions to post I believe...

no, you just need to put your own settings to where you can post in the games by changing which groups you are in...

Derp