Artemis of Bonisagus (Development)

Alright then, I've been looking over the seasons for crafts people. It looks like I'll end up going with, over all 6 cycles: (12 seasons)

4 seasons of lab expansion.
1 season of getting the talisman made.
1 season of adding gallery
6 seasons building greater features.
This does mean that Well Insulated can't get in and the lab only grows to size+4

I've made the assumption that things like extensive stores and opulent have the cost of producing the stuff already included in the increased upkeep and silver spending.

If that works I can wizzbang this thing up!

Does your lab not have a fixed size?

Craftsmen spending time to expand it. 1 season to increase one size IIRC.

where do you get that? I find no rules in covenants about expanding a lab once it is established. Refining it is possible, but adding to the base size traditionally requires building a new lab space- though depending on the situation I suppose it might be possible (assuming the lab is not in the middle of a building, or has adjoining space that you could knock down a wall (and hopefully not compromise the structure..), but there certainly isn't a standard rule for adding on to a lab...

It turns out it was a combination of assumptions contaminating memory and this rules from the magi creation post:

I assumed it was one season per size increase, although its not entirely clear. The "season or more" bit implies one season is enough to increase size some, but that doesn't mean one season is enough to always increase the size category.

Trodgor clarifications? Is one season of skilled labour enough to increase lab size?

I'll try to compile everything today into a functional character sheet though!

I had assumed that (depending on the type of lab you have), you could use a season of skilled labor to expand the size of your lab. For example, if you have a stone tower, it's probably not going to happen. But if you have a house, you could build an extension onto your lab. True, there's nothing explicit about that in the rules in Covenants. But the rules are not proscriptive. This seemed like a reasonable interpretation of reality.

First off the aging redone:

+6 from age for the first roll. (Not sure why I thought 60/10=5). -7 from bronze chord and Faerie Blood. -1 for the bond. That's -2 total for a total 18 and two aging points. Again adventuring so we'll skip living conditions.

Again -8 from bronze chord+Faerie Blood+Bond living conditions. +7 from age. This time we stick around the covenant so the lab living conditions give us another -2 for a 17! That's one aging point.
With unaging, there is no real reason to bother with knowing what they apply to. She now has three aging points!

1 Seasons of Service
5 Seasons of Lab Improvement: 3 Seasons Refining Lab, 2 Seasons of Adding Greater Feature
Phobia Trains for 6 Seasons gaining 20*6 M.T. XP =120xp, Phobia total M.T. = 555xp
Artemis (2+1)1.56=24xp for magic theory, total xp = 793 total xp
Increase Lab Refinement by 3, Add Greater Feature (Writing)

5 Seasons of Adventuring, 1 Season Information, 1 Season of Initiation Quest 2 Seasons of Learning Something, 1 Initiation Quest: Gain 10xp Area Lore: Magic Realm Lore, (30*1.5)xp Magic Theory, Magic Theory Total = 838xp,
Phobia gains 16 Magic Theory xp, 15 Green Cockerel Lore xp, Phobia M.T. Xp =571, Phobia Green Total = 95xp
Gain Magic Theory Tractatus Q12
Gain Philosophic Alchemy

2 Seasons Artemis Reads Magic Theory Tractatus2, Phobia Pens Magic Theory Tractatus1
14+3+1)1.52= 54xp Artemis Total MT experience = 892xp

1 Season inventing Spring of Pure Water CrAq (ReTe) total = 42
1 Season inventing Plague of Frogs, A&A pg 30 ReAn total = 42
1 Season inventing Field of Wheat- CrHe lab total =59
1 Season inventing Blessing of bounty-25 CrHe lab total = 59
1 Season inventing Sanctum of Stone – 20 CrTe Lab Total = 64
Artemis gains (2+1)1.55=22.5 Magic Theory xp Total xp = 914.5xp
Phobia gains 21*5 xp from training = +105 = 776xp.

3 Season Artemis Study's Creo Tractatus Q13, Q11, Q9, Phobia adds Two Lesser Features to lab, Phobia Pens Magic Theory Tractatus Q14
SQ (13+11+9+3+3+3)*1.5= 63 Creo XP, 393 total

1 Season Artemis Studies M.T. Tractatus Q14 = 27xp Total XP = 941.5xp

2 Seasons Artemis Studies Magic Theory Tractatus Q12, Phobia Pens Magic Theory Tractatus,
(12+3+1)21.5=48xp Total = 999.5

2 Seasons Artemis Studies Mentem 20/11 = (11+3)*2xp = 28 Total = 128
1 Season Artemis Packs up Lab. Phobia Trains,
Artemis gains 4.5 magic Theory xp, 1004xp total Phobia gains 22 magic theory xp. 798Xp

1 Season Artemis Studies Magic Theory Tractus (14+3+1)*1.5=27
1031xp magic theory total

Redone Cycle six. Basically some subractions were made to the lab. Turns out I was gonna be one point over size. On to finishing the backstroy and compiling the character sheet.

Here are the changes from cycle six.

Phobia: Magic Theory XP – 798, Green Cockerel Lore 95xp, Bargain 5xp

Latin 5 (Writing Lab Texts), Magic Theory 19+2 (vis use){1031 xp}, Parma 6, Philosophiae 3 {35}, Artes Liberales 3 {35, Profession Scribe 1 {11xp}, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Finesse 1, Concentration 3 {35xp}, Penetration 1, Faerie Lore 1, Second Sight 1 Magic Lore 2 (Alchemy) {20xp} Green Cockerel Lore 3 {41xp} Bargain 2 {25xp} (Books), Carouse 1; Ride 3 (Giant Wolf); Art of Memory 3 ; Teaching 3 (One on One), Area Lore: Magic Realm 1 (Places to Party){10xp}

Arts
Creo: 27 {393xp}, In: 5, Muto: 5, Perdo: 5 Rego 10
An: 6, Au: 6 Aq: 6, Co: 9 {54xp} He:6, Ig: 6, Im: 6 Me: 15 {128xp}, Te: 9 {53xp}, Vi: 7 {30xp}

V&F: Add Philosophic Alchemy

The Items I've ended up with:

Loot:
2*Tractatus Green Cockerel Lore Q12
1 Tractatus Parma Q12
3 Tractatus of Magic Theory Q12 (read)
8 Tractatus of Magic Theory Q14 (read)
Mystagogue in Green Cockerel Lore,
37 Pawns of Vim Vis
16 Pawns of Mentem Vis
9 Pawns of Ig Vis
7 Animal Vis
7 He Vis
12 Pawns of Corpus Vis
10 Te Vis
Heating Control Item, Enchant Wand of Drying and Salting
Talisman with Imp Sweeper, Gleam of Freshly Polished Glass
Familiar Bond with Cleanliness, Insulation, Human Shape and Cooling enchants

Lab: +11 Refinement, +2 Upkeep, Size+4, +5 Health, +12? Aesthetics, +10 Safety, Occupied Size+4,
Virtues: Spacious, Palatial (Texts), Familiar, Gallery, Extensive Stores, Spotless, Magical Heating, Magic Item, Greater Features: Writing Desk (Texts+3), Scroll Rack (Texts+3), Lesser Features Tablet (Texts+1), Board (Texts+1)
Flaws: Lousy Ingredients
Specializations: +3 Teaching, +9 Texts

Description: This lab is impressive. For starters it is very large compared to standard labs. There is plenty of room to walk between set ups. A horse, or a giant wolf, could move around the lab without too much trouble. There is a sectioned off room for observation with large panes of glass. Numerous well organized places for ingredient storage. Everything is clean. Most everything seems expensive and well made. One area seems to be dedicated to writing and texts.

[strike]Artemis of Bonisagus – After Six cycles Age: 63
Warping: 3 (42)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Characteristics: Intel+2 Comm+3 Per+0 Pres+2 Stamina+1 Strength-2 Qik+0 Dex+0
Traits: Direct+2
Virtues: Strong Faerie Blood, Unaging, Book Learner, Independent Study, Minor Magical Focus: Wolves, Affinity for Creo, Good Teacher, Affinity for Magic Theory, Puissant Magic Theory, Planetary Magic, Vulgar Alchemy, Hermetic Alchemy, Philosophic Alchemy, Imbued with Spirit of Terram
Strong Faerie Blood: Valkyrie Blood. Increases Strength by one.

Flaws: Chaotic Magic, Difficult Longevity Ritual, Hedge Wizard, Incompatible Arts*3 (PeAu, PeAq, PeAn, PeHe, MuIg, MuMe), Unimaginative Learner

Abilities :
West Nordic 5 North of the Rhine Lore 2 Brawl 3 Athletics 2 Charm 2 Survival 1
Latin 5 (Writing Lab Texts), Magic Theory 19+2 (vis use) {1031xp}, Parma 6 (vim), Philosophiae 3 (Ritual Magic) {35xp} , Artes Liberales 3 (Ritual Magic) {35xp}, Profession Scribe 1 {11xp}, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Finesse 1, Concentration 3 {35 x}, Penetration 1, Faerie Lore 1 (Valkyries), Second Sight 1 (Ghosts), Magic Lore 2 (Alchemy) {20xp}, Green Cockerel Lore 3 {41xp} (People), Bargain 2 {25xp} (Books), Carouse 1 (holding alcohol), Ride: Giant Wolf 3 (Fighting), Art of Memory 3 (Books), Teaching 3 (One on One), Area Lore: Magic Realm 1 (Places to Party) {10xp}

Arts:
An: 6, Au: 6 Aq: 6, Co: 9 {54xp} He:6, Ig: 6, Im: 6 Me: 15 {128xp}, Te: 9 {53xp}, Vi: 7 {30xp}

Spells:
Custom
Spring of Pure Water, Plague of Frogs, Field of Wheat, Blessing of bounty, Sanctum of Stone, See What Lies Below the Sea, Flight of the Maga, Ghost Writing, Ping
+120 levels from apprenticeship.[/strike]

Aw crap, I may have some issues in cycle 5. To explain, I have a "draft" of everything as a text file on my computer. Let's me work on it sans internet connection. I didn't update the cycle five on here after correcting it on my computer. I'll be working it out nowish.

I'm also going to recalculate all vis spending while leaving it as abstract vis.
Edit: Dear God, somehow every time I find a mistake xp totals climb higher.

Alright here is the "fixed" cycle 5. When all is said and done there are no major changes. Artemis and Phobia end up with slightly more magic theory experience, more area lore magic realm and less green cockerel and bargain experience. Artemis also gains the virtue apt student. They also have two extra tractatus, since I missed an entire season and an extra enchanted item I missed including.
Cycle 5
Special Note: With the lab Health score, familiar bond enchants, Faerie Blood, Bronze Chord, and assumed +2 Living Conditions, the modifier is -12 before age modification at the start of the Cycle

Season One: Artemis Refines Lab - gains 4.5 Magic Theory XP Trains Phobia
Seasons Two and Three: Artemis adds Greater Feature to lab. (Texts+3) Gains 9 Magic Theory EXP Trians Phobia
Season Four: Artemis Spends one Season of Service improving a covenant lab, and trains Phobia. Artemis gains 4.5 Magic Theory xp.
Seasons One to Four totals: Artemis goes 493 Magic Theory xp to 521. Phobia gains 60 experience from 4 seasons of training going from 259 to 319 experiene in magic theory.

Season Five Artemis adds Insulation Into familiar bond. Lab Total ReIg = 59
Season Six Artemis addsHuman Shape to the familiar bond. MuAn(Co) Total = 53
Season Five and Six Changes Artemis gains +9 M.T. Xp Magic Theory bringing her to 533 M.T. experience Phobia gains 4 magic theory xp bringing her to 323

Season Seven Artemis enchants The Bookstand of Artemis ReTe Total = Re+Te+M.T+Shape and Material= 10+9+15+2+6=42
Season Eight Artemis and Phobia study a Q10 M.T. Tractatus from the library
Season Seven and Eight GainsPhobia 16 xp from training and 10 xp from study bring her to Total M.T. = 349
Artemis Gains (Study Expereince, Plus exposure experience + correspondance experience)*Affinity= (13+2+1)*1.5=24xp. She gets to 557xp

Season Nine and Ten Artemis and Phobia Studies Two SQ12 Magic Theory Tractatus from Library. She gaings (12+3+1)1.52xp=48 M.T. This Brings her to 605 experience.
Phobia gains 24 M.T. bring her 373
Seasons 11 to 13: Artemis spends her time studying Q16/L15 Muto Summae She gains (16+3)*3=57xp bringing her to 112xp total in Muto
Phobia spends her time penning 3 Magic Theory Tractatus at Q14

Seasons 14 to 18 are spent adventuring. The adventures are Information, Initiation, Transformation*2, and an Initiation Quest. Artemis gains a total of 15 magic theory xp and 10xp in Magic Realm Lore along with the virtue Hermetic Alchemy and Apt Student virtue
Phobia gains, 9xp in magic realm lore and 5xp in Bargain
Season 18 totals Artemis has 620 magic theory xp, and 15 magic realm lore xp. Phobia has 26 xp in magic realm lore and 5 bargain xp
Gain SQ12 Magic Theory Tractatus
During Seasons 14 to 18 2 Seasons of skilled labor expanding lab.

Seasons 19 to 23: Artemis spends 5 seasons studying magic theory tractus that Phobia wrote 5 at SQ 14. She gains : (14+3+1)1.55xp=27*5=135xp bringing her to
Phobia Pens 3 Magic Theory Tractatus
Total Magic Theory XP=755

Seasons 24 to 27: Artemis invents spells while training Phobia. Artemis learns See What Lies Below the Sea and Flight of the Maga.
InAq Total = 37, 2 seasons to invent See What Lies Below the Sea
ReCo Total = 40, 2 Seasons to invent Flight of the Maga
(2+1)1.54mt xp gaining=+18xp Artemis M.T. Total = 773xp
Phobia trains gaining 18*4 M.T. Xp=72, Phobia = 445 total
Season 28: Artemis and Phobia write tractatus on Magic Realm Lore, gaining 2 xp in magic realm lore each. Artemis now has 17 magic realm lore experience and phobia has 28
Phobia has 445 M.T. XP and, +5 Bargain xp
Cycle 5 Results

Abilities
Childhood+Early Life
Abilities:
Latin 5 (Writing Lab Texts), Magic Theory 17+2 (vis use){773 xp}, Parma 6, Philosophiae 3 {35}, Artes Liberales 3 {35, Profession Scribe 1 {11xp}, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Finesse 1, Concentration 3 {35xp}, Penetration 1, Faerie Lore 1, Second Sight 1 Magic Lore 2 (Alchemy) {20xp} Green Cockerel Lore 1 {7xp} Bargain 1 (Books), Carouse 1; Ride 3 (Giant Wolf); Art of Memory 3 ; Teaching 3 (One on One) Magic Realm Lore 2 {17xp}

Arts
Creo: 25 {330xp}, In: 5, Muto: 5, Perdo: 5 Rego 10
An: 6, Au: 6 Aq: 6, Co: 9 {54xp} He:6, Ig: 6, Im: 6 Me: 13 {100xp}, Te: 9 {53xp}, Vi: 7 {30xp}

V.F. Add Hermetic Alchemy

Loot:
Magic Realm Lore Tractus Q12
Magic Realm Lore Tractus Q 14
2*Tractatus Green Cockerel Lore Q12
1 Tractatus Parma Q12
1 Tractatus of Magic Theory Q12 (read)
5 Tractatus of Magic Theory Q14 (read)
1 Tractatus of Magic Theory Q14
1 Tractatus of Magic Theory Q12
Mystagogue in Green Cockerel Lore,
19 Pawns of Vim Vis
6 Pawns of Mentem Vis
9 Pawns of Ig Vis
7 Animal Vis
7 He Vis
12 Pawns of Corpus Vis
10 Te Vis
Heating Control Item, Enchant Wand of Drying and Salting, BookStand of Artemis
20 B.P.
Talisman with Imp Sweeper, Gleam of Freshly Polished Glass
Familiar Bond with Cleanliness, Insulation, Human Shape and Cooling enchants

Lab: +8 Refinement, +2 Upkeep, Size+4, +4 Health, +4 Aesthetics, +11 Safety, Occupied Size+2,
Virtues: Spacious, Palatial (Texts), Familiar, Gallery, Extensive Stores, Spotless, Magical Heating, Magic Item, Greater Feature: Writing Desk (Texts+3)
Flaws: Lousy Ingredients, Empty
Specializations: +3 Teaching, +6 Texts

Revised Cycle Six:

Cycle 6
1 Seasons of Service
5 Seasons of Lab Improvement: 3 Seasons Refining Lab, 2 Seasons of Adding Greater Feature
Phobia Trains for 6 Seasons gaining 20*6 M.T. XP =120xp, Phobia total M.T. = 565xp
Artemis (2+1)1.56=24xp for magic theory, total xp = 797 total xp
Increase Lab Refinement by 3, Add Greater Feature (Writing)

5 Seasons of Adventuring, 1 Season Information, 1 Season of Initiation Quest 2 Seasons of Learning Something, 1 Initiation Quest: Gain 10xp Area Lore: Magic Realm Lore, (30*1.5)xp Magic Theory, Magic Theory Total = 842xp, Magic Realm Lore 27xp
Phobia gains 16 Magic Theory xp, 15 Green Cockerel Lore xp, Phobia M.T. Xp =581, Phobia Green Total = 76xp
Gain Magic Theory Tractatus Q12
Gain Philosophic Alchemy

2 Seasons Artemis Reads Magic Theory Tractatus2, Phobia Pens Magic Theory Tractatus1
14+3+1)1.52= 54xp Artemis Total MT experience = 896xp

1 Season inventing Spring of Pure Water CrAq (ReTe) total = 42
1 Season inventing Plague of Frogs, A&A pg 30 ReAn total = 42
1 Season inventing Field of Wheat- CrHe lab total =59
1 Season inventing Blessing of bounty-25 CrHe lab total = 59
1 Season inventing Sanctum of Stone – 20 CrTe Lab Total = 64
Artemis gains (2+1)1.55=22.5 Magic Theory xp Total xp = 918.5xp
Phobia gains 21*5 xp from training = +105 = 786xp.

3 Season Artemis Study's Creo Tractatus Q13, Q11, Q9, Phobia adds Two Lesser Features to lab, Phobia Pens Magic Theory Tractatus Q14
SQ (13+11+9+3+3+3)*1.5= 63 Creo XP, 393 total

1 Season Artemis Studies M.T. Tractatus Q14 = 27xp Total XP = 945.5xp

2 Seasons Artemis Studies Magic Theory Tractatus Q12, Phobia Pens Magic Theory Tractatus,
(12+3+1)21.5=48xp Total = 1003.5

2 Seasons Artemis Studies Mentem 20/11 = (11+3)*2xp = 28 Total = 128
1 Season Artemis Packs up Lab. Phobia Trains,
Artemis gains 4.5 magic Theory xp, 1008xp total Phobia gains 22 magic theory xp. 808Xp

1 Season Artemis Studies Magic Theory Tractus (14+3+1)*1.5=27
1035xp magic theory total

Phobia: Magic Theory XP – 808, Green Cockerel Lore 76xp, Bargain 5xp
After Cycle 6

Latin 5 (Writing Lab Texts), Magic Theory 19+2 (vis use){1035 xp}, Parma 6, Philosophiae 3 {35}, Artes Liberales 3 {35}, Profession Scribe 1 {11xp}, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Finesse 1, Concentration 3 {35xp}, Penetration 1, Faerie Lore 1, Second Sight 1 Magic Lore 2 (Alchemy) {20xp} Green Cockerel Lore 3 {7xp} Bargain 2 {25xp} (Books), Carouse 1; Ride 3 (Giant Wolf); Art of Memory 3 ; Teaching 3 (One on One), Area Lore: Magic Realm 2 (Places to Party){27xp}

Arts

V&F: Add Philosophic Alchemy

Now I'll get a finalized sheet up and huzzah!

Artemis of Bonisagus – After Six cycles Age: 63
Warping: 3 (42)
Decrepitude: 0 (3)
Characteristics: Intel+2 Comm+3 Per+0 Pres+2 Stamina+1 Strength-2 Qik+0 Dex+0
Confidence: 1 (3)
Traits: Touchy+2, Sarcastic+2,
Reputations: +6 Hedge Witch, +3 Member of Green Cockerel

Virtues: Strong Faerie Blood: Valkyrie , Unaging (Faerie), Book Learner, Independent Study, Minor Magical Focus: Wolves, Affinity for Creo, Good Teacher, Affinity for Magic Theory, Puissant Magic Theory, Planetary Magic, Vulgar Alchemy, Hermetic Alchemy, Philosophic Alchemy, Imbued with Spirit of Terram
Valkyrie Blood Grants +1 strength, max +3

Flaws: Chaotic Magic, Difficult Longevity Ritual, Hedge Wizard, Incompatible Arts*3 (PeAu, PeAq, PeAn, PeHe, MuIg, MuMe), Unimaginative Learner

Abilities :
Latin 5 (Writing Lab Texts), Magic Theory 19+2 (vis use) {1035xp}, Parma 6 (vim), Philosophiae 3 (Ritual Magic) {35xp} , Artes Liberales 3 (Ritual Magic) {35xp}, Profession Scribe 1 {11xp}, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Finesse 1 (Weapons), Concentration 3 (Injury) {35 x}, Penetration 1, Faerie Lore 1 (Magic Realm Fae), Second Sight 1 (Demons), Magic Lore 2 (Alchemy) {20xp}, Green Cockerel Lore 3 {7xp} (People), Bargain 2 {25xp} (Books), Carouse 1 (Magic Realm), Ride: Giant Wolf 3 (Fighting), Art of Memory 3, Teaching 3 (One on One), Area Lore: Magic Realm 1 (Places to Party) {27xp}

Arts:
Spells:
Spring of Pure Water, Plague of Frogs, Field of Wheat, Blessing of bounty, Sanctum of Stone, See What Lies Below the Sea, Flight of the Maga, Ghost Writing, Ping

Demon's Eternal Oblivion-PeVi 15
Pit of Gaping Earth-PeTe 15
Eyes of Treacherous Terrain-InTe 15
Wizard's Side Step-ReIm 10
Tale of Ashes - InIg - 5
Pilum of Fire - CrIg - 20
Shriek of Impending Shafts InHe - 15
Hunt for the Wild Herb - InHe - 5
Gift of Vigor - ReCo - 20

Boom Finalized Sheet. Next comes the fluffs.

You know I never noticed this before, but you're a Bonisagus hedge witch. How exactly does that work out?

And why is it written as Hedge Witch +6? Shouldn't that be Hedge Witch -3?

Reading the Reputation chunk of the rules on page 167 it doesn't even mention a + or -, just the score. But the example characters inconsistently format it. So I can certainly change that.

The reason I bumped it to six is we increase reputation six times right? I figured at least some of her acts would make her more well known without really creating a new reputation.

Bonisnatched most of the way through her apprenticeship from an ex Misc. Her casting style is influenced by her former Master as is her dress leaving her with a style that clashes with most members of her House and the rest of the Order in general. There are other appropriate flaws if that doesn't make sense.

And the fluffy stuff I have.

Pre-Gauntlet
Artemis was "Boni-snatched" as some might say early on into her Apprenticeship. Originally apprenticed to a member of Ex Misc she had only partially absorbed her former Parens magic, but her new Parens wanted to benefit from her Affinity with Wolves. He was trying to bind a familiar and empower the bond. Plus he had some ideas about Faerie blood he wanted to test.

Unfortunetly for her, the former Ex Misc training did show. Less than stable spontaneous magic, invoking Norse Gods, and that sort of thing. Got her a reputation in the House and then the Order. Still other than that it went fairly normally. Plus, she would have been destined to die in Ragnorak if she hadn't gotten Boni-snatched.

Cycle One:
Artemis's first seven years were mostly boring. She stayed at her Paren's nothern covenant/outpost studying. Technically its a Chapter House of Dankmar, but no one really wants to deal with the Dankmar proper more than absolutely required. They just send them Dankmar's portion of the vis they gather.

The chapter house was a nice, if awfully cold, place. Until the dreams started among the covenfolk. Dreams of terror and fear and death. While the magi were able to resist, nearly the entirety of the Covenfolk were affected. Artemis, like the rest of the magi, looked in search of an answer. She thought she had a lead. It turned out it was a "test" from the Order of the Green Cockerel. Which was good because they're a nice, research friendly cult, but it didn't stop the dreams. When Artemis returned she began fiddling with her lab to make it person friendly, and research-safe.

Cycle Two:
The next seven years of Artemis's life were a little more productive. Plenty of study of course. Her first achievement was recovering a "lost" alchemy text. It was actually placed by the Mystagogue, but it still was enough to earn her the first initiation in the Green Cockerel.

The real accomplishment was finding the source of the dreams that was terrifying the covnfolk. Her familiar to be! She recognized the huge wolf from dreams she had when she was still an apprentice. The wolf had much clearer visions and was using her powers to call out to Artemis. Honestly, it took far more effort than it had any right to. The wolf was in a cave half a day's march from the Chapter House. Artemis always leaves that out when recounting the tale of her quest.

Artemis named the creature Phobia and bound her as a familiar. With that done she finished the process of experiment proofing her lab. She doesn't use her experiment proofing for over two decades at least. Not the point. The point is its a proper lab for research. Also making room for Phobia to assist in the lab.

Cycle Three:
Another mostly boring set of years. Several successful inventions in this period, including a couple of spells that made her the secretary comms expert for the covenant. She did have one quest taking her all over Europe mostly consisting of trading a large number of materials for other materials while making a profit AND getting her what she needed. Artemis plans to write a book about her experiences detailing why the concept of a fair price doesn't hold across markets and why arbitrage is in fact valuable work that adds value. The point is she, and a several other magi, got rare materials to make enchanted items. Specifically, she got the items for her Talisman and added its first enchantment. One to discourage demons from hanging around the places she frequents. Only a very weak or very stupid demon would be destroyed outright, but every sliver of infernal power destroyed is a benefit for the world.

Cycle Four:
Her first several years where spent visiting her ex-Parens covenant-like settlement. It wasn't strictly a covenant because of those Rhine tribunal laws, but it was the general concept. While there wasn't official protection, the threat of getting stabbed to death by an immortal maga was a pretty good replacement. She had trained an apprentice and was working on training another. They spent time catching up and so forth. The upshot was they had what amounted to a school for magi and non-magi who would work for them. So Artemis could pay for classes in a whole array of useful things. Artemis was able to keep some copies of their books including an ancient alchemy manual on longevity. It was important to the Order of the Green Cockerel.

She did write that book although it was only loosely related to advancing economics and really a more standard book about magic theory with some bad metaphors.

Cycle Five:
This was about the time Artemis started really preparing for a major project. She upgraded the bond allowing Phobia to take human form, vastly improving her ability to assist with projects such as lab improvement and writing. She also started developing her reputation as a expert in magic theory.

The most interesting thing she got up to however was a combination of exploring the magic realm and convincing her fellows at the Order of the Green Cockerel she was ready to learn Hermetic Alchemy. Already naturally supernaturally unaging Artemis claimed she already possessed the wisdom that would be gained by the otherwise nessecary rituals. They were of course, skeptical, but when she also managed to show proof she had studied at an academy of alchemy in the Magic Realm itself they were convinced. Note that she did not in fact learn much of anything due to the nature of the magic realm, but this is besides the point. Honestly, a lot of spin and lies went into Artemis skipping a rank.

Cycle Six: This was Artemis demonstrating her inner lab rat nature. Aside from a handful of trips undertaken as part of the Green Order, which were mostly socializing and studying in assorted libraries. The rest of her time was spent optimizing her lab, studying in her lab and doing research in her lab. At the end she was ready, to help build a new world. Well a new island. Well make a previously sunken island a little more habital.

Still needs aging rolls (especially with Difficult Longevity Ritual).

I was just assuming they would be kept. Especially since none of the aging modifiers changed. I'd be happy to reroll though.

Did I miss the rolls? Let me look back.