Atlas ex Tremere

Salve Polycarpus ex Bonisagus

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Atlas ex Tremere. My parens, Iapetus has directed me to seek membership of your covenant. He feels it is time for me to truly spread my wings, and there are clues in the area he wants me to investigate on a matter of mutual concern to the two of us. I am specialized in the Arts of Rego and Terram, with skill in Herbam and Corpus. Among my Grimoire of spells is Conjuring the Mystic Tower.

I grew up in the village Rapsani, where my family makes wine. Until I was 14 I aided my family with the business, learning much about winemaking, and creating buildings necessary for the trade. I was also quite large for my age, able to do the work of two men it seemed. He often told me I took after his father, and I always took pride in that, for I know my father loved my grandfather, though he was dead before I was born. One night, my father told me I had to sleep in the cellar for the night, and that I wouldn’t be allowed out until sunrise the next morning. He had five of the strongest men in the village as if to impress his point. I went down to the cellar without any resistance, I would have anyway, had none of the men been around. Down in the cellar was nothing, no furniture or even our normal stores. I noticed that the door was newly repaired and about 6 inches thick. If I’d bothered to notice, there was also a place to bar the door from the upper level. There were a few amphora of honey, smoked fish a deer carcass and baskets of berries. I slept quietly on the floor. In the morning when I awoke, the amphora had been smashed and the carcass was shredded, and all the fish were gone. I remembered nothing, though there was a foul smell of bear sign, and I was unharmed.

A few months later, my father, who has means, but is by no means wealthy, had put out word, and Iapetus came buy and interviewed me. You may have guessed the story by now, if you’ve heard of Iapetus before, he has the curse of lycan, as do I. The curse alternates generations in my family, and we take the form of bears. Iapetus takes the typical wolf form. My night of change coincides with the full moon. During my studies, I learned that many lycans do have the Gift, but few can survive long enough to be found, and few of those are taken into apprenticeship.

My Curriculum Vitae is below. I will be at my family’s vineyard. I’ve notified the Redcaps of my location. Given my special circumstances, I will not visit your covenant uninvited.

Atlas ex Tremere post Gauntlet
Atlas ex Tremere
Saga: A New Home
Characteristics: Int +3, Per 0, Pre 1, Com 0, Str +1, Sta +3, Dex 1, Qik 0
Size: 2
Age: 29 (29), Height: 6'9'', Weight: 260 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift, Secondary Insight, Skilled Parens[1], Giant Blood, Personal Vis Source (Terram)[2], Affinity with Rego, Affinity with Terram, Hermetic Magus, Minor Magical Focus (Certamen)*, Lycanthrope (Bear, Soak: +3), Deleterious Circumstances (When at least half naked), Close Family Ties, Driven (Cure lycanthropy), Generous, Infamous Master
Reputations: Fearsome (Among magi) 3
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +1, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +0, Defense +1, Damage +1
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +0, Defense +0, Damage +4
Soak: +3
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 7), 3 (8 14), 5 (15 21), Incapacitated (22 28)
Abilities: Greek 5, Area Lore: Thessaly 1, Brawl 1, Survival 2, Stealth 2, Folk Ken 1, Winemaking 2 [Category: Provisions], Finesse 2, Penetration 2, Woodworking 2 [Category: Consumables], Stonemason 2 [Category: Buildings], Awareness 3, Sculpting 3, Magic Theory 5 (terram), Latin 4, Parma Magica 1, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Artes Liberales 2, Concentration 3
Arts: Cr 8, In 1, Mu 1, Pe 1, Re 5, An 0, Aq 0, Au 0, Co 0, He 1, Ig 0, Im 0, Me 0, Te 14, Vi 0
Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
Spells Known:
Wielding the Invisible Sling (ReTe 10) +22
Tangle of Wood and Thorns (ReHe 15) +9
Repel the Wooden Shafts (ReHe 10) +9
The Crystal Dart (Mu(Re)Te 10) +18
Supple Iron and Rigid Rope (MuTe 10) +18
Conjuring the Mystic Tower (CrTe 35) +27
Lamp Without Flame (CrIg 10) +11
The Earth's Carbuncle (Re(Mu)Te 15) +18
Pit of the Gaping Earth (PeTe 15) +18
Obliteration of the Metallic Barrier (Pe(Re)Te 20) +18

[1]Secondary Insight is only activated after Gauntlet, Atlas was focused during apprenticeship on being able to acquire the means for creating his own structure to provide himself both a place to study and secure himself on the nights of the full moon.
[2]The Personal Vis Source (terram) comes in the form of a golden egg, which never hatches, laid by a chicken on the Spring Equinox. There are two chickens. Every fourth year one of the chickens lays two golden eggs on the Spring Equinox, one of them has no Vis, and will hatch into another chicken to continue the line, as long as the chickens have been visited by a rooster. There seems to be a mystical connection between the chickens, and no more than two golden eggs are produced with Vis.

Atlas ex Tremere -7 years post gauntlet
Saga: A New Home
Characteristics: Int +3, Per 0, Pre 1, Com 0, Str +1, Sta +3, Dex 1, Qik 0
Size: 2
Age: 36 (37), Height: 6'9'', Weight: 260 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift, Secondary Insight, Skilled Parens, Giant Blood, Personal Vis Source (Terram), Affinity with Rego, Affinity with Terram, Hermetic Magus, Minor Magical Focus (Certamen)*, Lycanthrope (Bear, Soak: +3), Deleterious Circumstances (When at least half naked), Close Family Ties, Driven (Cure lycanthropy), Generous, Infamous Master
Personality Traits: Calculating +3, Dependable +2, Devoted +3
Reputations: Fearsome (Among magi) 3
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +1, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +0, Defense +1, Damage +1
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +0, Defense +0, Damage +4
Soak: +3
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 7), 3 (8 14), 5 (15 21), Incapacitated (22 28)
Abilities: Greek 5, Area Lore: Thessaly 1, Brawl 1, Survival 2, Stealth 2, Folk Ken 1, Winemaking 2 [Category: Provisions], Finesse 2, Penetration 2, Woodworking 2 [Category: Consumables], Stonemason 2 [Category: Buildings], Awareness 3, Sculpting 3, Magic Theory 5 (terram) (3), Latin 4, Parma Magica 1 (3), Order of Hermes Lore 1, Artes Liberales 2, Concentration 3
Arts: Cr 8, In 6, Mu 10, Pe 6, Re 11, An 1, Aq 4, Au 1, Co 8, He 4, Ig 4, Im 0, Me 0, Te 15, Vi 4
Equipment: Cloak of Preternatural Shrinking (Creator: Atlas ex Tremere; Created: Winter 1217; Vis Capacity: 8; Total Pawns Invested: 2; Total Effect Level: 19; Lesser Device; Effect Name: Preternatural Growth and Shrinking; Effect Level: 19; Effect Details: R: Touch, D: Sun, T: Ind, Frequency: 2/day, Trigger: Sunrise/Sunset; Arts: MuCo 15; Design: Base 4, +2 Sun, +1 Touch); Stonecutter's Knife (Creator: Atlas ex Tremere; Created: Summer 1219; Vis Capacity: 10; Total Pawns Invested: 2; Total Effect Level: 20; Lesser Device; Effect Name: Stonecutting; Effect Level: 20; Effect Details: R: Touch, D: Mom, T: Part, Unlimited use; Arts: PeTe 10; Design: Base 4, +1 Part, +1 Touch);
Vis: 14 pawns Terram in golden eggs, 1 rook of Rego vis in various and sundry polished stones, 2 pawns Vim vis
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
Spells Known:
Wielding the Invisible Sling (ReTe 10) +30, Mastery 1 (multiple casting)
Tangle of Wood and Thorns (ReHe 15) +18
Wizard’s Ward versus Steel Weapons (ReTe 25) +29. This spell grants a +15 Soak against metal weapons. Attacks that inflict less damage than that are deflected away. spellswiki.wikidot.com/rego-terram
The Stone Palanquin (ReTe 15) +29. Enchants a stone, large enough to bear the caster, to carry him along at his mental direction. The stone moves with a speed, direction, and height above the ground that he decides (maximum speed as of a galloping horse, maximum height of 10 paces above the ground). The stone can only maneuver across terrain that can support it, and so cannot cross water or crevasses without sinking unless they are no more than 10 paces deep. If the caster directs the stone to maneuver rapidly, he may be forced to make a Dexterity + Agility roll or fall from the stone. spellswiki.wikidot.com/rego-terram
Bone Carver of Atlas (PeTe 15) +24. This spell destroys a mass of stone (up to 10 cubic paces in size) in the shape desired by the caster. The precision with which the shape of the destroyed section of rock is controlled is determined by a finesse roll. spellswiki.wikidot.com/perdo-terram
Stone to Falling Dust (PeTe 20) +24
Repel the Wooden Shafts (ReHe 10) +18
Preternatural Growth and Shrinking (MuCo 15) +21
Disguise of the New Visage (MuCo 15) +21
The Crystal Dart (Mu(Re)Te 10) +28
Supple Iron and Rigid Rope (MuTe 10) +28
Conjuring the Mystic Tower (CrTe 35) +28
Lamp Without Flame (CrIg 10) +15
The Earth's Carbuncle (Re(Mu)Te 15) +28
Pit of the Gaping Earth (PeTe 15) +24
Obliteration of the Metallic Barrier (Pe(Re)Te 20) +24

Activity post gauntlet...
Spring 1213
In the spring of 1213, after completing the gauntlet, I return home to spend some time with my family. Life had been good to them in my absence. Not having to feed a hungry bear once a month is helpful. I had some means upon my return home and enlarged the cellar with judicious use of Pit of Gaping Earth, making a large pit making escape from the cellar more difficult. My father had something for me when I arrived. He’d found two golden eggs, and the chickens who had laid them. These were true gold, but my father had a sense that it might actually be more than gold. He was right, each golden egg was a pawn of terram vis. I separated the chickens from the flock, into their own area, and secured the vis. The eggs were laid in the spring before I arrived, probably on the solstice. I’ll watch for them in the future.
I spent the rest of the summer helping to build a new wine cellar under the pressing and fermentation buildings. Maybe in a few years I can help out some more. Perdo and herbam skills came in handy
2 xp Herbam, 2 xp perdo, 1 xp Intellego
1213 Studies
Muto 10- secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Perdo 10- secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Intellego 10- secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
1214 Studies
Rego 10- secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Perdo10- secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Rego 10-secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Muto 10-secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Spring 1215
My pater thought he had a lead on curing lycanthropy and we went off to Burgundy in search of clues. Alas, it was to no avail. We travelled very light, with just my pater, his custos and I. There was one episode where we were waylaid by bandits. As his custos imposed himself between the bandits and us. I began preparing Wielding the Invisible Sling, but as I was walking backward I entered a fairy regio. My shot went astray, as I was surprised. A flower was hit, a flower the size of a man, and dozens of seeds fell. I managed to make my way back out of the regio and we dispatched the bandits. His custos was lighly injured, and I I led Iaeptus back into the regio and we examined the seeds. There were two rooks worth of vis. We split a rook, and one was delivered to the covenant.
2xp Wielding the Invisible Sling, 2xp Repel the Wooden Shafts, 1 xp corpus (spontaneous casting of ReCo spell causing individuals to fumble weapons)
1215 Studies
Rego 10-secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Muto 10-secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Intellego 10- secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Terram, Vim
Spring 1216
My master’s reputation has been impugned, and by implication my own. A scoundrel of a Magus, Dietrich ex Tytalus. I traced him to his covenant. I made myself known and requested sleeping facilities. Of the view journeys I took with my pater before gauntlet, I marveled that magi would like to visit others of their kind as much as they do. I spent a week at the covenant discussing news and events of the Order as I knew them, and they did the same. During that week, before I could call out Dietrich, I caught the eye of a comely maga, Alcira, and we became fast friends, dining together alone every night. She offered a few suggestions which I used to manipulate Dietrich into declaring Certamen on me. He chose Muto, which I was fairly adept in. I chose terram and his eyes gleamed, and for a moment, I thought I erred. Alcira said Dietrich was an elementalist, but in my experience, most elementalists discount the power of terram. It turns out I was right, and I eventually won out. I declined casting a spell upon the poor fool, instead I requested that he disavow his statements against my parens, at the least, or identify who put him up to the foul deed. Alcira received me in her quarters later that evening…
2xp Wielding the Invisible Sling (dispatching bandits and toll collectors), 2xp Parma Magica, Muto 1xp from Certamen
1216 Studies
Corpus 10- secondary insight to Muto, Rego
Muto 10- secondary insight to Corpus, Herbam, Ignem, Vim
Corpus10- secondary insight to Muto, Rego
Spring 1217
The spring solstice this year saw one of the chickens lay two golden eggs. I had been allowing them to mate with roosters throughout the last few years, entrusting one of the grogs of the turb to keep them safe, as the chickens do not like me. One of the golden eggs contains no vis, and is as light as a normal egg, not heavy like the true golden eggs. I have him take it back to the chicken to let it hatch.
Word came via Redcap that Alcira has born a daughter. With the help of my parens I was able to receive the mental image the Redcap had of her. Her name is Ermengarda. I wrote a quick letter to Alcira and inform her of my curse and how it works in my family. The child must needs know if she bears children in the future. It is too early to tell, of course, if she is gifted. I’m most upset she didn’t tell me she was using me to sire a child. (No Activity, background)
1217 Studies
Corpus 10- secondary insight to Muto, Rego
Learn spells Lab total MuCo, Disguise of the New Visage, Preternatural Growth and Shrinking (15+15)
Learn spells PeTe lab total 35, Bone Carver of Atlas, Stone to Falling Dust (15+20)
Invest Lesser Device, Stonecutter’s Knife, Exposure XP:Magic Theory, Perdo
Summer 1218
The other chicken laid two golden eggs. Last year the golden egg with no vis hatched into a hen, and that hen laid a single golden egg of terram vis.
Alcira wrote me back. She was naturally upset to hear about my curse. I was upset at being seduced to be used as sire, so she’ll get over it. There’s a chance that the curse may not continue, and if her size is any clue, that is likely. At just over a year old she’s very large for her age. She suggested that I not come to visit her, and I’ll respect her wishes for the time being. I wrote back and ask that she consider a visit.
Another wild good chase for a cure for lycanthropy. While these excursions out prove to be useful for exercising my spells, I find the time away from my lab to be frustrating. A group of villagers didn’t like the look of me. Of course, this was the night after a bear wandered through their village. Apparently I lost track of the phase of the moon and didn’t take proper precautions. I was tracked for a while and a couple of hunters attempted to take a shot at me. While running through the forest, evading hunters, I stumbled across a collection of white marble slabs. They seem abandoned and out of place. I cut off a piece of the marble from one of the slabs with my Stonecutter’s knife, and make my way to my family’s home before heading back to the covenant.
2xp Repel the Wooden Shafts, 1 xp Wielding the Invisible Sling, 1 xp Parma, 2 slabs of Marble
1218 Activities
Invest Lesser Device, Cloak of Preternatural Growth and Shrinking, Exposure XP: Magic Theory, Corpus
Learn Spells ReTe LT of 40, Wizard's Ward v. Steel Weapons, Stone Palanquin (25+15)
Aquam 10- Secondary insight to Creo, Perdo
Spring 1219
Another letter from Alcira, Ermengarda is quite precocious, apparently. She did tell me that Deitrich has taken an unusual interest in my daughter. He had been searching for an apprentice and suddenly stopped. He may see something in my daughter…but I believe it is too soon to say.
I return home, helping out a bit around the winery. I speak with, Eustace, the sculptor/stone mason I was apprenticed with before my Gift manifested about carving the slabs into horse statues for me. We travel out to the slabs, and I show them to him. He is dubious that we could move blocks of that size with teams of horses. Exhaustingly, I manage to transport the slabs to his workshop over the course of a couple days using the Stone Palanquin spell I used. It was very slow moving. I ask how long to sculpt the horses, and he suggests three years. And the cost… I show him my Stonecutter’s knife and how to use it, and if it would speed up the sculpting…and says a year, given his other projects. I’m going to give him the knife as payment, he doesn’t know it, yet. I’ll make another for myself.
Rego 2, Wizards Ward versus Steel 3
Summer 1219
Muto 10- secondary insight Auquam, Auram, Corpus, Vim
Autumn 1219
Invest Lesser Device, Stonecutter’s knife Exosure XP, Magic Theory, Perdo.
Winter 1219
My parens suggests that we divide our forces in searching out a cure. The covenant has always been uncomfortable with two lycans under the roof, and my parens is interested in taking another apprentice. He tells me that the Redcaps tell of a new covenant forming in Greece and that I should contact Polycarpus ex Bonisagus. I complete the rest of my ignem studies. I draft a letter to Polycarpus letting him know where he can find me in the spring...
Ignem 10- secondary insight Perdo, Rego
Spring 1220
I make my way to my family’s home, I haven’t heard from Polycarpus, yet. It’s time I faced reality and told my parents that they have a granddaughter, who is too far removed from them to visit easily… After a quick visit, I've decided to visit Polycarpus despite the lack of correspondence. A new covenant setup is a turbulent time, and Magi may be in and out of the covenant frequently.

Aging Roll for Winter 1219
1d10+4-2 → [6,4,-2] = (8) Increase in apparent age.
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2927104/

Spring season spent on setting up a lab. 2 XP to Magic Theory.

Build points spent so far.
Advanced Concepts for the Dedicated Practitioner bp:16
Type: Summa; Total Quality: 6; Quality: 6; Level: 10; Topic:
Intellego; Language: Latin; Author: Arthafain ex Jerbiton

Moon phase calculator is here:
moonpage.com/index.html