Aurelia ex Bonisagus

'I lift up my eyes to you, to you whose Throne is in Heaven'

Psalm 123:1

Regarding the foci. . . I agree that a major astrological foci gives about 5-8 areas, but they tend to be fairly narrow areas, slimmer than a minor focus in my opinion, and not exactly common subjects of magic or overwhelmingly powerful. For example,

Capricorn has: organization and coordination (a few Rego, and perhaps Mentem effects), martyrdom (I can't think of a single spell that would use this), tireless effort (may effect a few Corpus or Animal spells) idealism (a few Mentem and Imaginem effects, perhaps), and knowledge (about the bredth of a minor focus, covers a lot of Mentem effects).

The Sun gives: Influences rulership (I would limit this to actual spells that influence rulers or the ability of a person to rule; not all of Rego for example), kings (very narrow), leadership and authority (some Rego and Mentem effects), health and well-being (this is probably too broad, even for the RAW. This includes most of Corpus, Animal, and Herbem since virtually any spell will affect the 'health' or "well-being" of the target. I would read this in terms of the Sun's historical astrological focus which would better be expressed as "curing disease and maintaining health"), Presence and Stamina.

I like where you are going, and I don't object to a 'package foci' I just want to keep it in line with level in the books. Although I think you acknowledge that the 'elemental' aspects of the Archangel's could not remain in any event, the remaining aspects are pretty broad. For example "Light" would, in my opinion, be a major focus by itself, since it is narrower than the Art Ignem, but covers numerous common and useful spells from all Techniques.

If you put together a specific package of "sub-foci" you think are appropriate, I'll approve or disapprove (with input from the Troupe, since this is a "game balance" issue and we are playing a high power saga... if they don't care then I am fine with it.)

I hear you :slight_smile:

Granted, astrological magic is either very narrow or surprisingly broad (A house focus including Death, and it is minor!)

mulling

Maybe a Major Magical Focus covering

Healing humans (Michael) - a narrow aspect of CrCo. AM 5th states that Healing covering animals, humans and plants is a minor one, so this is less than a minor.
Creativity & Peace (Raphael) - an aspect of CrMe and PeMe. Comparative to a minor focus according to AM5 (Anger/Lust)
Sunlight (Michael) Ignem, though only one aspect and not Intellego or Perdo (Too broad? See below)
Sudden Death (Uriel) aspect of PeCo (was thinking of aging too) Comparative to a minor focus according to AM5 (Aging that is - Sudden Death seems somewhat as limited as Aging)

This means that, leaving Sunlight out, we have two minor foci and less than a minor focus.

Now the way I see it a major focus is greater than the sum of minor foci. Ie. Mentem major focus could be emotions (meaning all emotions = dozens of minor foci in each individual emotion), while a minor focus would be one individual, maybe two related emotions (lust/passion).
thus a Sunlight focus is much less than the sum of a major Ignem focus (Fx warmth), and I have even seen Darkness used as a minor focus. Light being the antithesis of darkness could maybe be a minor, while I think that Sunlight, ruling out moonlight, starlight, torchlight, reflected light of these kinds etc. could definately be a minor/less than a minor.

So we'd have, collectively Major Magical Focus (Archangels) :

Healing of Humans - less than minor
Crativity & Peace - minor
Sunlight - less than minor/minor
Sudden Death - minor

My main wish is for some part of each of the four Archangels to be present

In Progress - starting with newly hatched from Gauntlet

Name: Aurelia ex Bonisagus Birth Name: ?
House: Bonisagus (Trianoma) Age: 32 Looks 16-17 Size: 0 Confidence: 1/3
Decrepitude: Warping: Gender: Female Nationality: Breton Height: 5,3” Weight: 95 pounds
Hair: Deep brown Eyes: Blue Handedness: Right Religion: Christian Title: Maga
Parens: Angelus ex Bonisagus

Voting Sigil: A Halo above a Rose

Characteristics:
Intelligence: +3 Intuitive
Perception: +1 Eye for Detail
Strength: -3 Slender as a twig
Stamina: 0
Presence: +3 Striking
Communication: +3 Precise
Dexterity: 0
Quickness: -3 Regal

Virtues:
Puissant Intrigue – Free
Social Status: Maga - Free
The Gift - Free
3 Gentle Gift
1 Good Teacher
1 Personal Vis Source: Vim
1 Puissant Imaginem
1 Puissant Magic Theory
1 Sense Holiness and Unholiness
1 Student of the Divine
1 Unaging

Personality traits:
Serene +2, Melancholic +1, Love of God +2

Flaws:
1 Ability Block (Martial)
1 Covenant Upbringing
3 Dark Secret
1 Pious (minor)
1 Temperate
3 True Love

Abilities:
Artes Liberales: Astronomy 1
Breton: Polite conversation 5
Code of Hermes: Quaesitorial Rights 1
Dominion Lore: Angels 4+2
Etiquette: Magi 1
Intrigue: Alliances 4+2
Folk Ken: Sensing Motives 2
Guile: Elaborating on the Truth 2
Latin: Hermetic 5
Faerie Lore: Pacts and Bargains 1
Finesse: Imaginem 1
Infernal Lore: Demons 1
Magic Lore: Arthurian Legends 1
Magic Theory: Imaginem 3+2
Music: Singing 1
Normandy Tribunal Lore: Covenants 2
Order of Hermes Lore: Famous Magi 1
Parma Magica: Mentem 1
Philosophiae: Moral Philosophy 1
Profession Scribe: Swift coyping 1
Theology: Dangerous Knowledge 1

Arts:
Creo 7
Intellego 2
Muto 2
Perdo 2
Rego 7

Animal
Aquam
Auram
Corpus 7
Herbam
Ignem
Imaginem 7+3
Mentem 1
Terram
Vim 7

Spells
Corpus:
The Chirurgeon's Healing Touch CrCo20

Ignem:
Flash of the Scarlet Flames CrIg15
Lamp Without Flame CrIg10

Imaginem:
Aura of Ennobled Presence MuIm10
Disuguise of the Transformed Image MuIm15

Mentem:
Calm the Motion of the Heart PeMe15
The Call to Slumber ReMe10

Vim:
Gather the Essence of the Beast ReVi15
Scales of the Magical Weight InVi5
Sense the Nature of Vis InVi5

Look to the post with 10 years advancement :slight_smile:

Rozenn was a fair maiden who came to Falling Leaves angry at the outside world. Angry for not having the opportunities of a man, and angry at her father's try in giving her over to an old, fat man and his despicable tastes. Having heard of a place, where women were accorded many if not all of the same rights as men, she travelled with her cousin Erwan to Falling Leaves. Now not just anybody gets accepted at the heavy doors of a covenant, but Rozenn was as fair as her name, and Urias of Merinita fell in love with her. A hopeless romantic, Urias pressed for Rozenn's acceptance at Falling Leaves, pointing out that her abilities with Latin and Artes Liberales might make a good tutor of apprentices.

So accepted Rozenn wed Urias. Unfortunately Urias was about 45 years old and had taken his longevity potion a decade earlier. Rozenn being 20, felt the time was right to become with child. Urias thought long and hard about this, and came up with a plan. He told Rozenn that he could devise a spell, which for one night only, would make him fertile. She could never talk to anybody about this or its power would be broken. Rozenn agreed, and Urias created his spell.

However Urias neglected to tell Rozenn that the spell was merely an illusion designed to cover another in glamour that he might look like Urias. For the task Urias chose Roparzh a lad barely old enough to shave. He was excited by the idea, and the night came when Roparzh in Urias' disguise slept with Rozenn. Unfortunately for Urias Erwan had overheard a conversation between Urias and Roparzh. As Roparzh and Rozenn reached their climax, Erwan confronted Urias, who admitted to his deed. Urias restrained Erwan magically and placed him in a slumber. Nine months went by with Rozenn growing, Roparzh keeping quiet, and Erwan in suspension.

Afther the birth of her baby girl, Erwan was realeased and reunited with his cousin. Horrified at his Rozenn flung herself from a battlement and fell to her death. Urias left Falling Leaves in despair and shame, and rumours tell he moved to Irencilla. Erwan was left with his niece and the knowledge of the girl's 14year old father would never be able to care for her. Erwan raised her, and continued his trade of hunting for thecovenant. Katell, meaning Pure, was raised as a knowledgeable young woman, and came to be a sort of handmaiden for Lady Erin, the wife of a Jerbiton oft travelling. as a young girl Katell was enamoured with the now grown and handsome Roparzh, who had advanced to be stablemaster and assistant to the Chamberlain. During a Midsummer's feast, she switched outfit with a friend of hers, who Roparzh was infatuated with and lay with him herself. After the deed and after feeling her body quake under his expert fingers, she removed her masque.

Dumbstruck and not wanting to blow his cover, as Erwan would surely punish him, Roparzh quickly left. Thinking she was somehow wrong, Katell blamed herself and withdrew more and more into herself, starting to refuse to eat, and finding solace in God. Erwan died just before her 17th birthday and told her the truth on his deathbed. Even more horrified, Katell flung herself from the battlement, as her mother had done years before. As she flew towards the ground, her heart bleeding, something happened. Four Majestic creatures wrapped their light around her and sat her gently to the ground. With their wings they dried away her tears and with their voices they soothed her pain. They told her, her time was not now. There were other plans for her. In one week a magus would come travelling here, and she would become his apprentice. She would learn magic, heal the pains of this world and heed the wisdom of Heaven. Each of them kissed her forehead and she felt power glide into her.

For the next week Katell fasted, prayed and washed her body until it bled. Nothing could remove the stain of Roparzh, and when her belly started to grow, she was near the brink of madness. Angelus ex Bonisagus came to Falling Leaves one week later as prophesised. Seeing Katell at a banquet he approached her (This was before he basically lost his mind) and smiled grandfatherly at her. No words were exchanged and the next day she left with him for Bourgogne.
There she grew up in self-imposed isolation speaking with few, taught only by Angelus.

Nearing the end of her apprenticehood, Angelus used his political clout in House Bonisagus and made Katell a Trianoma maga. He told her, she would never thrive as a lab rat, and apparently the angels wanted her to do their work. Her last year as an apprentice was spent travelling in France between covenants, negotiating the next Hermetic Tourney.

It was on this journey that Katell, now known as Aurelia met Corentin. Corentin was a young nobleman, whose smallish estate was close to Falling Leaves, he provided the covenant with luxury goods such as silk, glass and gems and in return was a respected friend of the covenant. Corentin touched something in Aurelia and she saw the love of angels in his eyes. After her Gauntlet, she choose to return to Falling Leaves despite all the pain it held for her. Roparzh was still alive, though aging, and she confronted him with her knowledge. He asked her to forgive him, and Aurelia told him of their daughter Argantael, who she had brought with her.

Roparzh died later that year, and Aurelia had him buried in a secret place only she knew. She was told by him, ere he died that he had loved her mother all those years back and hoped to be reunited with her. Aurelia forgave him, and had her mother's body dug up and reunited with Roparzh'.

Corentin and Aurelia had two children relatively soon after this and their marriage, and Aurelia started using the title of Lady of Falling Leaves, when dealing with Nobles, Clergy or travelling. The rest of the covenant didn't seem to mind, and she became well liked in the nearby community, though all who saw her commented on her sad eyes and wispy figure.

(more to come - age of her children needs to be redone to accomodate for this background!)

I think this is reasonable. Run with it!

Although, like I said to another player, you can't have two Major Hermetic virtues, so its either the Major Magical Focus or Gentle Gift.

I think she intends to have it Initiated somehow, as it's not listed in her sheet.

And damn... Deception, lust, adultery, suicide, incest. That's a whole package of sins she has right there. Heavy stuff.

Puissant doesn't add to your ability for writing books. See the Errata. This should be Lvl 2 Quality 12. Also, I think it will take you two seasons to write each book, since your Com+Latin is less than 10. Alternatively, you could write two tractatus instead.

Two questions: the penalty to aging rolls, is this just something you came up with? I'm fine with it, but you don't have to take such a limit if you don't want to. However, I'm not sure about the XP. My thought was that travel or adventure would give you 4 XP, not 8. Maybe I mistyped something, but can you rearrange this to knock it down to 4 XP. I think there will be plenty of XP to go around before we start playing for real!

While crossing county Rennes on your way to Confluensis you encounter a pair of fairy priests. Each is dressed in black sackcloth wears the tonsure, but each has long floppy ears and jagged pointy teeth. They are debating whether the blood and water that flowed from Christ's side when pierced by the Roman's Lance was mixed or separate. As they argue spit flies from their mouths, and the gesture wildly with hands that have only four fingers. How do you respond?

If your interested, You could take this opportunity to sail on the covenant's trading vessels to Bordeaux. With skillful negotiation, you could win the covenant a barrel of sweet fairy wine from an enchanted vineyard there.

The rest of the write up looks good. Can you post a "dramatis personae" of the names and relationships you've been describing?

Also:

After reading your Dominion Lore book, the Ignem expert (who will have a name soon) comes to you. He tells you that you have a great gift for writing and the Library of the covenant needs such skilled authors. Also, they are impressed by your purity. They would like you to spend some time over the next ten years learning about the Infernal, and then pen a summa on the powers of Hell. They don't have much in the way of books on the Infernal, and they don't trust just anyone to learn about the forces of darkness. However, from time to time an infernal threat appears and it would be useful to have a resource to turn to.

Caelarch,

Only goes to show I stil need to read the rules.... :slight_smile:

I have just read the part about books taking lvlx5 points to write (And am contemplating changing my abilities and virtues to gain com+5...)

Where is the errata stating Puissant is not included? I am not disputing it, it might change my choice of virtues however :slight_smile:

Great that the focus is settled, and yes it will be initiated later.

Yes I just came up with the aging penalty, planning on her loosing it again - I just think it fun, if there are small "hooks and boons" down the road to spice up a season!

I dont know why I think I read 8xp - it will be rectified of course.

Meating the two fairy priests, Aurelia will keep her distance, and bow slightly towards them, calling out:
"Greetings father and father a most interesting discussion you are having. May I offer the warmth of some wine to sweeten your tongues?"
If the faeries go with it, I shall point out my own thoughts on the matter without compromising the faeries blood-water view (I take it each one of them has one of the sides of the argument)

Dramatis Personae:

Rozenn Felthry: A young woman tired of the brutality of the world, she took refuge in the covenant. She married Urias of Merinita, who was sterile after a longevity ritual. Impregnated only a few weeks after arrival, she gave birth to Katell, now known as Aurelia. Learning the horrible truth of her child's becoming, she flung herself from the battlement and fell to her death. She is buried in an unknown location. Born in 1123. Died 1144.

Urias of Merinita: A handsome man, who studied at Irencilla and joined the covenant after his Gauntlet, Urias led a rather uneventful life until he met Rozenn. Enraptured he plotted to have her bear a child, and bring her happiness. Unfortunately his plans faltered and he left for Irencilla, disgraced and bitter. Urias was known for his glamours and wild partying. Born 1108, Died ?

Erwan Felthry: Rozenn's cousin, Erwan journeyed with Rozenn, when she left her father's house. A stout man, who held much love for Rozenn, Erwan found out about Urias' plotting. Placed in a suspension sleep, Erwan took care of his niece Katell after his cousin's suicide. He was a hunter for the covenant, and did not approce of the covenants piracy, but kept his head down. Born 1119. Died 1161

Roparzh: A young lad working as a servant, who was chosen by Urias to impregnate Rozenn. Roparzh did his part and told no one, yet avoided Erwan as much as possible, not knowing if Erwan knew, but never liking the large man's eyes on him. Roparzh unknowingly slept with Katell during a midsummer night's feast, and felt damned for it. He made peace with Katell before he died, and is buried together with Rozenn. Born 1130. Died 1176

Corentin of Falling Leaves: A man of low noble birth, who had the creative spark to make something of himself. He inherited a quaint manor in the area of the covenant, turning his marshy lands into a pretty gardenpark of birches, alder and rosebushes. Not emrely a gartner, Corentin has invested money in the piracy activity of the covenant, something less nobly than he would like to admit. He married Aurelia and his the father of two children, and stepfather of Argantael. Born 1144

Argantael of Falling Leaves: A beautiful young woman (She has inherited the Unaging virtue), Argantael does not know the truth of her ancestry. She was married to another lowly nobleman in the area, and mostly desired to be a good wife. She does not have the gift, but accepts that her mother works miracles on behalf of the church. Unknown to all, she has fallen in love with a young magus at the covenant, and does not know what to do with her feelings. Born 1161

Erwan of Ezét: Aragantael's oldest son. He dislikes the thought of magi being a part of the world, but would never move against his grandmother. He lords over his father's lands, and would like to have a larger say in the region. Erwan is not Unaging, and he has not yet been offered a longevity potion from Aurelia. He has begun to despair over this and seeks a way out of old age. Born 1181 (Has a so far unnamed wife and unnamed children)

Quenelle and Rezir: Aurelia and Corentin's two children (daughter and son). Twins, they have lived a charmed life. They both have the Gift, but Aurelia has chosen not to train them, instead sending them to Durenmar. Corentin managed to talk Quenelle into being impregnated by Petrus Virilis and she gave birth to a boy, whom Corentin hopes will become the next lord of Falling Leaves. Both born 1176

Yannick: Quenelle's son, lives with Corentin and Aurelia, and loves every part of it, fascinated that his grandparents are as youthful as angels. Born 1210 just before Quenelle took her Longevity potion.

First 10 years, the first 5 are updated with laboratory for two seasons, without which, she could not make a longevity potion.

Year 1175
Season 1
Aurealia decides that despite having a good apprenticehood, she needs to diversify her magical abilities. She studies Changes and muses over the many varied ways God created the building blocks of the world. Gain 15xp in Muto. New Muto score: 5 [3]

Season 2
Setting up her Laboratory. Gain 2 Exposure xp in Magic Theory. New Magic Theory Score: 3+2 [2]

Season 3
Setting up her Laboratory. Gain 2 Exposure xp in Magic Theory. New Magic Theory Score: 3+2 [4]

Season 4
Aurelia ingrates herself with the resident Ignem expert and politely asks to borrow Second Flames. The Ignem expert is suspicious at first, but Aurelia seems genuinely interested in Ignem magic, especially sources of light. Gain 16xp in Ignem. New Ignem Score: 5[1]

Year 1176
Season 1
Aurelia decides that she wants to contribute to the Library. She writes Building Bridges, a Tractatus on forming alliances and fostering trust (Intrigue Tractatus, Qua 12). Putting it in place with new binding and her neat handwriting, Aurelia feels very proud indeed. [Constitutes Covenant work for year 1+2] Gain 2 exposure xp in Intrigue. New Intrigue score: 4+2 [2]

Season 2
Aurelia wants to learn more about fire! She secretly slips into the library at night and reads Second Flames, but is caught by the Ignem expert, who scolds her! He holds his tongue, but only if she promises to journey to Confluensis and bargain with the Quaesitors for a juicy Tractatus on Ignem. She agrees and gets the Ignem expert off of her back. Gain 16xp in Ignem. New Ignem Score: 7 [4]

Season 3
Aurelia has become interested in animals! These sweet creatures (mostly) are so adorable, and truly a proof of Gods joy of the world. Aurelia is also pondering gaining a familiar at some point, so...she reads Concerning Living Beasts, an oft overlooked book. Gain 17xp in Animal. New Animal score: 5 [2]

Season 4
Travels to Confluensis during Winter! The Quaesitors greet her and reward her folly with warm broth...ahhh! She gains a heavy cold, and her lungs become damaged (-1 to Aging rolls). The Quaesitors drive a hard bargain, but the Ignem Expert had provided certain services to Confluensis. Aurelia pays 5 pawns Vis (of the covenants pockets) to gain: ”Melting Point”, an Ignem Qua 10 tractatus. She is slightly homesick and misses her dear Corentin and buys him a silken tunic at Confluensis. Gains 1xp in Etiquette, 1xp in Auram, 1xp in Aquam, 1xp in Sense Holiness and Unholiness, 5xp in Parma Magica and 1xp in Normandy Tribunal Lore. New Scores: Etiquette 1 [1], Auram 1, Aquam 1, Sense Holiness and Unholiness 1 [1], Parma Magica 1 [5] and Normandy Tribunal Lore 2 [1] [Constitutes 1 season for every 12 dedicated to travel/adventure]

Vis Stores: 6 pawns Vim Vis, 1 pawn Corpus Vis

Year 1177
Season 1
Home with Corentin. She realises that though they are both blessed by God with a youthful countenance, this year will change how the four humours affect their bodies. She prepares a broth for herself that when drunk will slow her aging. Knowing that she is not strong enough to brew one for Corentin she strikes a deal with another magus. She pays all her Vim Vis for the next five years, and then he will concoct a potion for him. Aurelias potion becomes a 31/5=6.2=+7 Longevity Potion, while Corentin gains a +8 (He also has a supernatural ability).
Corentin and Aurelia drink their broths and are confident that having two children is more than enough....
Gain 2 exposure Xp in Creo. New Creo score: 7 [2]
Deduction in Aurelias Vis stores: - 6 to Vim, -1 to Corpus. New Vis Store: 0

Season 2
Corentin wants to adventure! Aurelia is less sure of this, but agrees. (Adventure description to come) Gain 4xp in Faerie Lore. Gain 1 xp in Artes Liberales, Finesse, Music and Guile. Gain 2 xp in Parma Magica. New Faerie Lore score: 1 [4], new Artes Liberales Score: 1[1], new Finesse Score: 1 [1], new Music score: 1 [1], new Guile score: 2 [1], new Parma Magica score: 1 [7]

Season 3
Deciding she needs to read more (probably pray more too, but she has really tried living as proscribed by the good book), Aurelia opens On Divination and is sucked away into a world of crystal balls, floating eyes, omniprescience and reading fortunes. Gain 15xp in Intellego. New Intellego Score: 5 [3]

Season 4
Knowing that God has also created all flora in the world (And what beautiful flora it is!) Aurelia takes Corentin and her children on many walks in the winter landscape pointing out trees. Corentin less amused starts snowball fights ever so often... Read The Magical Uses of Plants and gain 13xp in Herbam. New Herbam Score: 4 [3]

Year 1178
Season 1
With Spring around the corner, Aurelia starts looking at her daughter. No Gift, she needs to be wed soon. But to who? She has lived most of her life at the covenant? Even though Corentin has a minor title, making Argantael a lady, who would wed the daughter of a maga? Maybe it would be best if they did not know...Contemplating her daughter's future, Aurelia writes a Tractatus on Dominon Lore ”Meeting an Angel” (Dominon Lore Tratatus Qua 12). The other magi find the book relatively useless, but since writing books constitute covenant work they can hardly say anything against it.
[Constitutes Covenant work for year 3+4] Gain 2 exposure xp in Dominion Lore. New Dominion Lore score: 4+2 [2]

Season 2
With Summer in full bloom, Aurelia wants to work on something living, vibrant and beautiful. She gorges on the Tractatus Subtle Improvements, while Corentin looks through the rooster of young noble men, who would accept a maga as a mother-in-law! Gain 13xp in Creo. New Creo score: 8 [5]

Season 3
Aurealia survives with her pride intact, when a visiting Merinita magus challenges her to Certamen. Instead of casting a Perdo Mentem magic on the magus, she offers her friendship to the magus. Intrigued he accepts, and Aurelia starts a correspondance with him. Aurelia explores the possibilities of Magical Control. Gain 17xp in Rego. New Rego score: 9

Season 4
Aurelia's first encounter with a lively canary bird. She is enchanted by its song and beauty. She decides to read Concerning Living Beasts again. Corentin mentions a Sir Arzhur, who has a father touched by a Spring Faerie...Aurelia asks him to proceed. Maybe Argantael will be married before her 18th year! Gain 17xp in Animal. New Animal score: 7 [6]

Vis Stores: 1 pawn Imaginem

Year 1179
Season 1
Marriage! Argantael is married to Sir Arzhur. The grooms parents refrain from asking how the bride's mother looks not a day older than her daughter...The wedding is held at Corentin's smallish manor, a quaint area near some meadows and the water. Aurelia tells Argantael that she can not promise a Longevity potion for Arzhur, but she will see what she can do....in another 20 years time. She reads The Magical Use of Plants again. Gain 13xp in Herbam. New Herbam score: 6 [5]

Season 2
Tribunal of 1179. Interpreting this as an adventure regarding xp. Gain 5 xp in Sense Holiness and Unholiness, gain 5 xp in Order of Hermes Lore. New Sense Holiness and Unholiness score: 1[6], new Order of Hermes Lore score: 1 [5]

Season 3
Feeling she has absolutely no knowledge of the legal dealings of the Order. She shuts herself in with The Peripheral Code of Normandy...Gain 9 xp in Code of Hermes. New code of hermes score: 1 [9]

Season 4
Corentin complains about the summer heat. Aurelia sets out to learn about soothing breezes and reads Weather and Air. Gain 11xp in Auram. New Auram score: 4 [2]

Year 1180
Season 1
Aurelia travels to Rhuys and talks with the monks there. She has earlier sent word that she was coming, and had some profound experiences to speak of. Here she meets Father Petreo and Mother Clotilde, heads of the monastery and nunnery (though the nunnery is much smaller). She emboldens herself with magic and tells her tale of the salvation of the Archangels. Petreo and Clotilde are sceptical and wants her to stay the season, that they might question her more. Slowly a sort of friendship develops. Petreo and Clotilde see that Aurelia is somehow blessed with a greater understanding of the works of God than even some Bishops. Aurelia tells of the group of Scholars that she belongs too, and that some there are able to feel the power of God as well. Maybe a correspondance and friendship could be struck up? Presenting them both with a silvered chalice inlaid with opals and an elaborately carved bookstand, they nod and decide that Aurelia is definately a saintly person, who is more than welcome at Rhuys. Gain 4xp in Church Lore. Gain 1 xp in Magic Theory, Infernal Lore, Folk Ken and Etiquette, and 2 xp in Parma Magica New Churc Lore score: 0 [4], New Magic Theory score: 3+2 [5], new Infernal Lore score: 1 [1], new Folk Ken score: 2 [1], new Etiquette score: 1 [2], new Parma Magica score: 1 [9] [Constitutes 1 season for every 12 dedicated to travel/adventure] [Constitutes Covenant work for year 5+6 – keeping good relations with the Church]

Season 2
Aurelia decides to branche out some more and finds a derelict, old and worn book in the library. Seeing it is a Perdo book, she eagerly devours it. Read Foundation of Destruction. Gain 15 xp in Perdo. New Perdo Score: 5 [3]

Season 3
Aurelia reads about the Magic Theory eloquently commentated by a fellow Bonisagus sees many similarities between her understanding of the creative aspects of magic, but disagrees with the destructive ones and writes in commentaries. Read Hermetic Magic. Gain 12xp in Magic Theory. New Magic Theory Score: 3+2 [17]

Season 4
The Ignem Expert, who earlier noted that Aurelia should learn about the infernal (And a wholesome and academic way...) finds out about her commentaries in the Perdo book. Aghast the council fines her 2 pawns form vis. Afterwards, the Ignem Expert hands her an Infernal Summae and Tractatus to read, pointing out that if she does not immediatedly read these books, she will be double fined. Holding back a response, Aurelia nods and reads ”Malign Entities – A Study of the baser types of Demons” Summae lvl 2, Qua 10. Gain 10xp in Infernal Lore. New Infernal Lore score: 2
Aurelia's Vis stores: -1 pawn Imaginem, -1 pawn Herbam (Herbam gained this year for the last two)

New Vis Stores: 0

Year 1181
Season 1
Finding Demons fascinating and scary as H....well you know...Aurelia corresponds with the Bishop of Vannes, to visit this year, and give the Holy Mother Church a gift. The Bishop responds with glee, as long as ”Your Husband and Lord wills it that thou may visit Vannes?” Sighing in exasperation, Aurelia writes that she has the leave to visit, and then turns to more informative matters. Reads ”Lucifer's Fall, Twilight of the Mornstar” Tractatus Qua 9. Gain 9 xp in Infernal Lore. New Infernal Lore score: 2 [9]

Season 2
Aurelia decides she needs to study some Terram, and wins a friendly Certamen contest with another magus, who would also like to read Fundamental Stone magicks this season. Gain 15xp in Terram. New Terram Score: 5

Season 3
Taking a very short and speedy trip to Vannes, Aurelia meets with Bishop Maximus. Eyeing her delicate frame and hearing her sweet words blessing their meeting, he is instantly charmed and invites her for dinner. Feeling less safe than in Rhuys, Aurelia does not let him in on any secrets, but does present him with a token ring set with an amethyst. Maximus graciously allows her to sing a solo the following morn, lifting the congregation nearer to God, leaving many crying with wonder, over who holds this fantastic voice. Ensuring the Bishop that she can not stay, she returns to Falling Leaves (Aurelia very clearly calls the covenant this eventhough it is not its official name) and chooses to read Concerning the Binding of Ghosts. Gain 11xp in Mentem. New Mentem score: 4 [2]

Season 4
Asking the Ignem Expert whether her exploration of the Infernal is covenant work, she gets a nay and is asked to write some more of her findings down. She writes an Infernal tractatus of her own entitled ”Throwing needles from rooftops, how to aim for a demon” Tractatus Qua 12. Learning that the Infernal books was only on lease from Confluensis, she sees herself writing an Infernal summae soon, but points out that she has had very little exposure to the Infernal and hardly knows anything about it. Gain 2 exposure xp in Infernal Lore. New Infernal Lore score: 2 [11] [Constitutes Covenant work for year 7+8]

Year 1182
Season 1
She goes on a hearty adventure with the Ignem Specialist learning much about the Infernal (Adventure description to come). Gain 4 xp in Infernal lore, gain 1 xp in Muto, Magic Theory, Mentem and Vim. Gain 2 xp in Parma Magica. New Infernal Lore score: 3, new Muto score 5 [4], new Magic Theory score 3+2 [18], new Mentem score: 4 [3], new Vim score: 7 [1], new Par Magica score: 2 [1]

Season 2
Aurelia's reads about the magical properties of Silk worms, since she had a discussion with Deborah about the many newly hatched Silk worms. Gain 10xp in Muto. New Muto score: 7 [1]

Season 3
Aurelia experiments these next years with Infernal Lore, often at risk on going to close to the spawning pits of Hell. She begins to dress more provocatively. [Adventure description to come] Gain 5 xp in Infernal Lore. Gain 5 xp in Parma Magica. New infernal Lore score: 3 [5], new Parma Magica score: 2 [6]

Season 4
Aurelia continues her experiments with Hell, and learns about the demonic hierarchies. Gain 5 xp in Infernal Lore and 5 xp in Parma Magica. New infernal Lore score: 3 [10], new Parma Magica score: 2 [11]

Vis Stores: 3 pawns Vim, 1 pawn Imaginem

Year 1183
Season 1
Aurelia takes a break from demonic knowledge gaining and travels to Rhuys. Being more outwards going, she brings Corentin and the couple spend a nice Spring at Rhuys. They talk with the monks and nuns there (mostly the genders to each own), and plan for the following years. Corentin expecially likes that Aurelia is more daring when consumating their marriage again and again...
Gain 4 xp in Church Lore, gain 1 xp in Magic Theory, Etiquette, Folk Ken and Guile. Gain 2 xp in Parma Magica. New Church Lore score: 1 [3], new Magic Theory Score: 3+2 [19], new Etiquette score: 1[3], new Folk Ken score: 2 [2], new Guile score: 2[2], new Parma Magica score: 2 [13]. [Constitutes 1 season for every 12 dedicated to travel/adventure]

Season 2
Aurelia is back on her demonic horse and practices her infernal knowledge. Gain 5 xp in Infernal Lore, gain 5xp in Parma Magica. New infernal Lore score: 3 [15], new Parma Magica score: 3 [3]

Season 3
The strain of Infernal knowledge is too much for Aurelia and she gets sick with nightmares, wild ramblings and incoherent speach. Gain 2 exposure xp in Mentem. New Mentem score: 5. Aurelia also gets her body throughly examined and her lungs are repaired ending her -1 to aging rolls.

Season 4
More delicately Aurelia finishes her studies in the Infernal, ere she begins to write her Summae on it. Gain 5 xp in Infernal Lore, gain 5 xp in Parma Magica. New infernal Lore score: 4, new Parma Magica score: 3 [8]

Vis Stores: 6 pawns Vim, 1 pawn Imaginem

Year 1184
Season 1
Writing about Hell, its hierarchies and such, Aurelia begins to contemplate her closeness with teh Archangels, and decides to reinforce her connection to them, once she has written the book.
Gain 2 Exposure xp in Infernal Lore. New Infernal Lore score: 4 [2]

Season 2
Finishing her book, the Ignem Expert is satisfied. The book is entitled ”A thorough look at Hell” Summae lvl 2, Qua 12. She sighs and hopes that a visit to Vannes in the following years might cleanse her of her intimate knowledge of Hell. Gain 2 Exposure xp in Infernal Lore. New Infernal Lore score: 4 [4]

Season 3
Aurelia invests her lab with a polished, beautiful orb, with which she hopes to heighten her knowledge of spells. Invest lesser feature: Orb. Gain 2 exposure xp in Magic Theory. New Magic Theory score: 4+2 [1]

Season 4
Aurelia continues to invest her lab, this time with an Alter. She feels she has been disconnected from God, and touching the cold marble, she instantly finds solace and relief in the Lord. Invest lesser feature: Altar. Gain 2 exposure xp in Magic Theory. New Magic Theory score: 4+2 [3]

Vis Stores: 9 pawns Vim, 2 pawns Imaginem

Aurelia's Lab:

Free structure virtues:
Dedicated building: +1 upkeep, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Rego
Elevated: +1 Aesthetics, +1 Auram
Grand Entrance: +2 Aesthetics
Idyllic Surroundings: +2 Health, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Creo
Superior Construction: +1 Safety, +1Aesthetics

Free outfittings virtues:
Person (Corentin): -1 Safety, +1 Corpus
Priceless Ingredients: +2 General Quality, +4 Upkeep, +2 Longevity Rituals

Minor structures virtues:
Lesser feature: Orb +1 Aesthetics, +1 Imaginem
Lesser feature: Altar +1 Aesthetics, +1 Intellego

+5 Upkeep
+8 Aesthetics
+1 Rego
+1 Auram
+1 Creo
+1 Corpus
+1 Imaginem
+1 Intellego
+2 Longevity Rituals
+2 General Quality
+2 Health

Abilities and Arts after ten years:

Abilities:
Artes Liberales: Astronomy 1 [1]
Church Lore: Brittany 1 [3]
Code of Hermes: Quaesitorial Rights 1 [9]
Dominion Lore: Angels 4+2 [2]
Etiquette: Magi 1 [3]
Intrigue: Alliances 4+2 [2]
Folk Ken: Sensing Motives 2 [2]
Guile: Elaborating on the Truth 2 [2]
Faerie Lore: Pacts and Bargains 1 [4]
Finesse: Imaginem 1 [1]
Infernal Lore: Demons 4 [4]
Magic Theory: Imaginem 4+2 [3]
Music: Singing 1 [1]
Normandy Tribunal Lore: Covenants 2 [1]
Order of Hermes Lore: Famous Magi 1[5]
Parma Magica: Mentem 3 [8]
Sense Holiness and Unholiness: Angels 1 [6]
Theology: Dangerous Knowledge 1

Creo 8 [7]
Intellego 5 [3]
Muto 7 [1]
Perdo 5 [3]
Rego 9

Animal 7 [6]
Aquam 1
Auram 4 [2]
Corpus 7
Herbam 6 [5]
Ignem 7 [4]
Imaginem 7+3
Mentem 5
Terram 5
Vim 7 [1]

He said 4 xp on page 3, and then again on page 4 :slight_smile:

It says 4xp, including 1 in 4 different arts and abilities. With my knowledge of english I read this as 4xp placeable as wished and 4 which can only be placed in 4 different arts/abilities??

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Otherwise, 4xp is just too paltry a sum for an adventure season. Heck, I hand out 10 to 15 xps for adventures! 7 to 8 for an adventure season seems more than fair to me.

I think he means you get 4 xp which you can use in any way you can - including use it to spend each of the 4 in different arts/abilities.

Caelarch has also said he has this table which adjusts this value depending on how well the story is told, so I guess we'll wait and see?

My intent was that you will get at least 4 xp just by going on the adventure. Additional xp, vis, items, books, warping points, and a few special favors I want to keep secret will be handed out after the adventure. I re-read what I wrote and it isn's clear at all. Then I thought more about it and I've decided to change what I was doing.

What I had intened was for each season you adventure or travel, you gain an automatic 4 XP to be used in any way you see fit. say 4 xp in Ignem, or 3 xp in fairy lore and 1 in Aurem, or 1 xp in Magic lore and 1 xp in Perdo and 1 xp in craft (brewer) and 1 xp in dowsing. However you want to split up 4 xp. This is just to keep you going in your five year blocks. Then, based on the story you told I would hand out some other reward. I mentioned vis, but all the things I listed above are possible. What I didn't say before (and should have, since it was my intent) is that this will also include additonal xp. My original idea is that I wanted to hear how you got the xp, so that I could award more or less xp based on the cool factor of the story.

Of course, now that I think more about it, I'm not seeing the real benefit of that... so go ahead and take a straight 10 XP per "adventure." Other rewards and effects based on the the story will be vis, books, items, wounds, warping points and the like.

Just reviewed your first ten years. Excellent! i like the direction this character is going. Feel free to toss out ideas about the Ignem expert, who is likely growing to be something of a mentor to you.

Aurelia's 11th to 15th year

Year 1185

Season 1
Walking along the coastline in the crisp spring, Aurelia sees a young man swimming in the sea. Thinking it odd, since it is still quite cool, Aurelia walks towards the waves and calls out to the man. He darts up and then down in the sea, resurfacing and sending her a smile. His skin is blue and his eyes slanted. Aurelia quickly keeps her wits about her – a faerie! (probably). She nods and gives a slight bow. He walks onto the beach in all his nudity and lays a fish before her feet. Aurelia blushes at his physique, but smiles and thanks him for the fish. They strike up a conversation. The Blue Faerie, his name is unintelligible in a human tongue, says Aurelia can call him Aquarius. He tells her that there used to be many faeries around these parts, but the tolling of bells drive them away. Aurelia tells that she is a maga (which he had guessed), and that is interested in the Dominion and its effect on magic. She tells him she is not a Merinita, but if Aquarius is interested in staying in these waters, Aurelia would not mind trying to use her influence with the church to ameliorate its harsh bells. Thankful Aquarius picks out a tooth and when given to her, Aurelia sees it is a perfectly round, slightly greenish pearl! They agree to meet again in a few years, soAurelia can tell of her progress. Back in the lab, Aurelia casts Sense the Nature of Vis on the pearl, but it is just – a pearl (A pretty one though).
Incensed, Aurelia reads Water Spirits of Morbihan. Gain 9xp in Aquam. New Aquam score: 4

Season 2
Thinking of her experiences with the Infernal and of those with her suicide attempt, Aurelia decides that she has strayed from the messages of the Archangels. Knowing that no one can defy the word of God and truly be happy, Aurelia prays to the Archangels for inspiration. In a vision (Or is it simply hallucinations from food deprivation?) she sees a small following with her at the head working the mysteries of Raphael, Uriel, Michael and Gabriel into Hermetic Theory or at least honoring their work, spreading hope in the Order and acting as the agents of the Quartet. She draws up some core philosophies, beliefs, structures, points of magical interest and ideas which constitutes the Order of the Quartet. She sends letters to Angelus about this and asks for his support.
Gain 5 xp in Order of the Quartet Lore, gain 3 xp in Magic theory and gain 2 xp in Parma Magica. New Order of the Quartet Lore score: 1, new Magic Theory score: 4+2 [6], new Parma Magica score: 3 [10]

Season 3
Aurelia receives message from Angelus. He is interested in her further studies in this field, and has recently begun to explore some of the Gnostic teachings of the Church, like she has. He promises to keep a correspondance with her, about this subject, but points out that their letters should be coded, to not fall into the wrong hands and expose them, subjecting them to any kinds of questioning from Church or fellow magi. Aurelia concedes in her reply letter and begins to think of ways to actively recruit fellow magi into this cult, and how the church might think of it. Could the monks and nuns in Rhuys be interested in helping? Aurelia explores her new gathering.
Gain 5 xp in Order of the Quartet Lore, Gain 5 xp in Theology. New Order of the Quartet Lore score: 1 [5], new Theology score: 1 [5]

Season 4
Aurelia has written many of the basic fundamentals for the Order of the Quartet, and she begins to contemplate its insights and teachings. What could be positive to learn from the experience with the Archangels? More piousness? Being charitable and generous? She looks through the Bible and reads a few passages here and there, trying to have a gut and heart feeling about their meaning. Aurelia explores her new gathering.
Gain 5 xp in Order of the Quartet Lore, Gain 5 xp in Theology. New Order of the Quartet Lore score: 2, new Theology score: 2

Vis Stores: 12 pawns Vim, 2 Pawns Imaginem

Year 1186

Season 1
Having offset a travel to Vannes for some time, Aurelia travels with carriage and followers to Vannes and meets with the Bishop. Astounded that she has not aged a day since last, the Bishop asks about it. Aurelia evades the question as much as she can, but is finely bested by the crafty bishop. She falls into a web of her own making, and most concede that the bishop has a honeyed tongue and wits! She comes clean, saying she has no desire to keep secrets. The bishop smacks her square in the face and asks if she has other pagan practices, she must confess to? Aurelia nods from the floor, trying to stop the blood flowing from her nose. She tells of her impure heritage, her mothers attempted suicide and her infernal knowledge. Horrified, but worried that Christianity might loose Aurelia to the Devil, the Bishop helps her up and tells her, he will help her! He will drive those demons from her body, and if she can convince him, her magic is deific, he will support her continued studies of it. Aurelia agrees and spends the rest of the season learning about how the priests of the Holy Mother Church travels far and wide to drive devils and demons from the bodies of man. She is subjected to bodily searchings and proddings, being violated on her innermost, but all most be endured in the presence of malevolent energies!
On the last day of her stay. Aurelia knows not yet how to convince the bishop that her magic comes from God. She resorts to casting an illusion with no gestures or words other than prayer. She is enveloped in a radiant light, gaining wings of stained glass and a body like molten gold, her eyes become sapphires and her voice rings with the trumpets of Heaven. Growing higher and filling the room with her Aura, she proclaims that Raphael has taken hold of her body and speaks to the bishop of Vannes. That this woman is blessed by God, the Virgin Mary and the Archangels. That her abilities are a worshipping of God and in no way defiles the holiness of the Church. As her wings fade and her skin appears again, she finds the bishop weeping and cowed on his knees. Thanking Aurelia and God for this experience, he promises to aid her whenever she wants, as he sees now her piousness and her divine gift. Relieved Aurelia journeys back to Falling Leaves not telling Corentin about the bishop's ardousness.
Gain 5 xp in Church lore, gain 5xp in Magic Theory. New Church Lore score: 1 [8], new Magic Theory score: 4+2 [11]

[Constitutes 1 season for every 12 dedicated to travel/adventure]

Season 2
Tribunal of 1186.
Aurelia meets with many magi and competes with Falling Leaves in the Tourney. She introduces Corentin to other important Companions and enjoys many, many late night talks with various magi. She talks with Angelus about the Order of the Quartet and he hands her a Tractatus on the Order (Qua. 8), penned from their letters, and incompassing Aurelia's thoughts, with Angelus' commentaries and extrapolations. Aurelia thanks him profoundly and pays him 2 Vim vis to accomodate him, and promises to write one in the next years as well.
Aurelia also meets Iacobus ex Jerbiton, an eremite magus, weathered and in his 80s. He tells her much about the life of an eremite and she tells him of her views on schooling grogs in proper behaviour. Chiding her he lures her into a Certamen. He beats her, though, and as punishment he demands one night together with her. Aurelia thinks for a moment to shout obscenities, but consents, stating how improper it is!
At night (Sneaking away from poor Corentin, half drunk with cider), Aurelia appears in Iacobus' tent. She gulps before entering, but sees the man fully clothed, penning a letter. He tells her, the certamen was merely a rouse for people to think them ”enemies”. He tells her that he has some Tytali enemies, and that he has begun to fear for his life. He knows not why they desire his life, but plans to find out. He had heard rumours about the kindness of Aurelia, and asks for her to help him. Sighing in gratitude, Aurelia agrees, asking him to tell as much as he can about the Tytali. He tells her all he knows, and at dawn, Aurelia agrees that neither she can see, why they want him dead, but promises to keep a look out.
Aurelia discovers that her reputation for writing has spread through the order, and a meeting with a Fudarus' representative is sat in motion (5xp in Reputation: Good Writer). He tells her, that it would be wise to help Fudarus with writing, so that Falling Leaves would not get hurt. Frustrated Aurelia talks hither and yon and holds him off, untill she gets to speak with her fellow covenant members and Xander, the Ignem Expert. They advice her to be careful, but also to let Fudarus know that they can not push Falling Leaves around.
At the next meeting Aurelia states that unless he can make it worth her while, she will not write for Fudarus. The representative tells her that knowing Iacobus humiliated her, they would help her kill him, cover up and let her keep one-third his belongings. They were going to kill him anyway, but if she helps, they can use their resources elsewhere. Aurelia consents and contacts Iacobus and Angelus. They plan for Angelus to take the shape of a flea and ride on Aurelia together with a Quaesitor. Hopefully the representative and the Tytalus he represents will not find out, and they can apprehend him.
Unfortunately the Tytalus wanting Iacobus dead is Anaximander, Archmage and backbone of Fudarus. His magics on Aurelia to help determine her dedication totheir cause, reveals Angelus and Iacobus. In the ensuing magical fight, the representative is killed, but Anaximander apprehended and brought before the Quaesitors. He pleads innocent and says demonic forces had overtaken his body and controlled his actions. Due to his influence, the Quaesitors accepts this, but punishes him with a humiliating examination in public and fines him 10 pawns vis to Iacobus for plotting to kill him. For attacking Angelus and Aurelia he is fined 3 pawns vis, which Aurelia hands over to Angelus, hoping for Anaximander to look beyond her and find Angelus the true opponent. Halfways working Anaximander goes to great length during the rest of Tribunal to hint at his enmity towards Angelus, Iacobus and Aurelia. Aurelia gains a reputation among the magi as Doomed if Anaximander moves against her (5xp in Reputation: Doomed)

Gain 4 Xp in Magic Theory, gain 3 xp in Parma Magica and gain 3 xp in OoHL. New Magic Theory score: 4+2 [15], new Parma Magica score: 3 [13], new OohL score: 1 [8]

New Reputations: Good Writer 1, Doomed 1

Season 3 Aurelia wants to expand upon her knowledge of magic, and learn some new spells. After all, she is no newly gauntleted maga anymore and needs to be able to show she has some promise.
Learn Spells (Intellego Vim Lab Total 28); Learn The Invisible Eye Revealed InVi25 and Sense of Magical Power InVi2

Season 4 Looking through the Covenant library, Aurelia decides to write an Intellego Tractatus (Insightful Visions – a contemporary view on Intellego Qua 12). Xander asks when she start writing Ignem Tractatii, to which Aurelia replies when she sees a need for it. Xander explains that he is working on creating Ignem magics that hurt Demons more, and could use some help. Aurelia promises to do it....within the next ten years. Xander frowns but smiles at her new found self-respect. She drinks redwine with him quite often, plays cards and talks about the goings on of many small things. Corentin is oft invited too, and Xander seems to give him some respect that the other magi do not; he sees him as more than a companion. Corentin is pleased with this and often makes sure that Xander gets slightly preferential treatment over the other magi (So little it is hard to see, but enough for Xander to notice).
Gain 2 exposure Xp in Magic Theory. New Magic Theory score: 4+2 [17] [Constitutes covenant work for year 11+12]

Vis Stores: 15 pawns Vim, 1 pawn Intellego, 2 pawns Imaginem, 1 pawn Ignem

Year 1187

This year is dedicated to learning spells and inventing a new one. Aurelia takes time to play with her grandchilde, however finding him rather unwholesome and strange. Checking him for the gift, she finds nothing and hopes the child will merely grow to be more ...well like a dear child. Argantael still showing no sign of being older than a rosy cheeked youth asks her mother, if she will create a longevity potion for her, when the need arises. Aurelia consents, but tells her that she can not save everybody, and that her husband Arzhur must find one for himself, if he desires it. Argantael says she understands, but unfortunately it never becomes an issue. Arzhur dies late autumn in a hunting accident, shoot through the eye, dead before he hits the ground. Argantael looks herself in a tower for a year, eating only bread and water. Aurelia finally crushes the door, demanding that Argantael return to the living. She sees a wisp of a woman, tears rolling down her cheeks and she hugs her understanding the love, she held for Arzhur. She tells her daughter that what she had, many do not and she should be thankful for this. Argantael seems to recover, ever so slightly, and convinces her mother to bury Arzhur with Rozenn and Roparzh. Feeling this would violate the sanctity of the graveyard, Aurelia agrees however, knowing it would crush Argantael to say no. Aurelia can not help but think that the graveyard might become a place for Perdo Vis in a generation or so, if people will be kept getting buried there, who died violent deaths or were linked to magi?

Season 1 Learn Spells (Rego Mentem Lab Total: 30); Learn Aura of Rightful Authority ReMe20 and Ring of Warding against Spirits ReMe10

Season 2 Learn Spells (Intellego Imaginem Lab Total: 33); Learn Prying Eyes InIm5 and Summoning the Distant Image InIm25

Season 3 Learn Spells (Creo Corpus Lab Total: 32); Learn Bind Wound CrCo10 and Gentle Touch of the Purified Body CrCo20

Season 4 Invent Spell (Creo Ignem Lab Total: 31); Invent Aurelia's Solar Ray CrIg15 (A ray of focused sunlight shoots from your hand and hits the target for +10damage. R:Voice, D: Mom., T: Ind. (Base 5, +2 Voice)

Vis Stores: 18 pawns Vim, 1 pawn Intellego, 2 pawns Imaginem, 1 pawn Ignem

Year 1188

Aurelia frantically reads books this year. She takes a quick, but very romantic boattrip around the Morbihan bay with Corentin and plays out little parts with her being an eloped princess and he a mighty piratking (!). The grogs are a little astounded but plays along and get plenty to drink as well. They hold a small party for some local gentry, and Corentin presents Aurelia with a beautiful sapphire that he has saved up for. Aurelia promises that she will try and think of something to give him. Proclaiming that her downcast, demure gaze is all he desires, the grogs try to hide their disgust with the whimsical romance and steer the ship.
During the Summer, Quenelle and Rezir comes to visit, showing of what they have learned. Impressed with their abilities, Aurelia promises to send more gifts of candy and trinkets. Quenelle is growing into a pretty young lass and Rezir has a weird, but attractive androgynity around him. Corentin talks with them about finding a husband and a wife, but Aurelia stops him before he moves to far. Magi seldom marry after all. Rezir plays a lot with the stableboy Gwaen and Aurelia suspects that he is somehow wrong in the eyes of God. She determines to make a gender study, before it is too late.

Season 1 Read Minerals and Stones. Gain 19xp in Terram. New Terram Score: 7 [6]

Season 2 Read Magical Control. Gain 17xp in Rego. New Rego Score: 10 [7]
Season 3 Read Weather and Air. Gain 11xp in Auram. New Auram Score: 6 [2]

Season 4 Write Ignem Tractatus (How to create pure divinely inspired fire, Qua 12). Gain 2 exposure xp in Magic Theory. New magic Theory score: 4+2 [19] [Constitutes covenant work for year 13+14]

Vis Stores: 21 pawns Vim, 1 pawn Rego, 1 pawn Intellego, 2 pawns Imaginem, 1 pawn Ignem, 1 pawn Herbam

Year 1189

Season 1 Aurelia travels to Rhuys and speaks with Father Petreo and Mother Clotilde. Overjoyed that she is staying a whole season, Clotilde gives her the best guest room, and she participates in a memorial service for Hildegard von Bingen on the eve of her 10th death anniversary. Clotilde spekas highly of Hildegard and Aurelia listens fascinated – surely a woman, who was not limited by her sex!
Father Petreo introduces Aurelia for Matthew, a monk and scribe from England, who heard Aurelia sing the first time she was in Rhuys. He asks to write her music down, and she complies. Matthew is a pleasent fellow, who has a warm and earnest relationship with his faith. He practices love and caring, more than dogmatism and Aurelia begins to doubt whether she has been to prozelytising against herself.
Moving through the cold corridors, Aurelia senses that something is wrong, but all she sees is an older monk passing her by, silently mumbling a prayer and continuing towards the lavatory. Surprised Aurelia reaches out with her senses the next time she meets him, and is sure; the man is tainted. She talks with Father Petreo and Mother Clotilde about it, who express deep sorrow and anguish about this, asking Aurelia what to do? Would prayers suffice? Aurelia tries to keep her wits about her and tells them, that they need to leave three dead chickens outside his door. If the chicken feet are gone the next morning, they will know he is consorting with demons, since demons like chicken feet very much...
They do as told and report that indeed the chicken feet were missing. Aurelia gravely understands what she must do. She confronts the man and demands the demonic influence to leave. Laughing at her and with spittle in his mouth he groans and moans, makes obscene gestures and lewd remarks. Conjuring the light of the Archangels, Aurelia tries to drive the demonic influence away with Father Petreo and Mother Clotilde brandishing their crosses in the back ground. After hours of work, the monk cries out and falls to the ground, hopefully free of his taint. The monk dies shortly after from bodily exhaustion, and Aurelia walks the corridors at night trying to feel the presence of the Devil...only experiencing benigh energies, Aurelia travels back to Falling Leaves after telling Father Petreo and Mother Clotilde about the Order of the Quartet and hearing their thoughts about it. They contribute several good cases of virtues to incorporate with the goals of the Order, and makes Aurelia think about the human-Order interaction that she had previously forgotten.

Gain 5 xp in Order of the Quartet Lore, Gain 4 xp in Sense Holiness and Unholiness., gain 1 xp in Music. New Order of the Quartet Lore score: 2 [5], new Sense Holiness and Unholiness score: 2, new Music score: 1 [2]

[Constitutes 1 season for every 12 dedicated to travel/adventure]

After her travels to Rhuys, Aurelia talks with Xander about access to Second Flames. Xander has ostensiously borrowed it time and again from the library, but she knows him to surpass its teachings by far? Xander smiles and replies that all he wants is a little attention, and he knew this was a good way to get it. Aurelia smirks and asks him if she should come to tea more often. He nods and asks of the many letters between Angelus and her. Aurelia tells that it is mainly mentor-apprentice relations and talks of the weather in Bourgogne and Brittany. Xander knowingly nods and drinks his tea. Aurelia asks him of her potential with Ignem and Xander tells her that it is definately there, but she is no Flambeau. Retorting that neither is he, Xander tells her Flambeau are smart and good with fire and all, but that they miss certain points about it that he an ex Miscellanea has kept within his tradition. Eager to learn, she makes him tell of his tradition, The Mithraens.
Aurelia says that she understands better now, why the Flambeau usually give him hard glanzes at Tribunal, and asks for his tutelage in Parma Magica, especially against Ignem effects. Xander says that as long as she pays the standard fee and comes for tea, he has no problem with it (The old rascal will probably use it to rub in the other magi's noses!)
Aurelia remembers to send cloth, cider and some salt to Quenelle and Rezir and gets a handwoven hairnet and a new stylus from them for Christmas.

Season 2 Read Second Flames. Gain 16xp. New Ignem score: 9 [3]

Season 3 Training in Parma Magica. Gain 12 xp in Parma Magica. New Parma Magica score: 4 [5]
Price: 2 Vim pawns

Season 4 Training in Parma Magica. Gain 12 xp in Parma Magica. New Parma Magica score: 4 [17]
Price: 2 Vim pawns

Vis Stores: -4 Vim vis
Vis Stores: 20 pawns Vim, 1 pawn Rego, 1 pawn Intellego, 2 pawns Imaginem, 1 pawn Ignem, 1 pawn Herbam

Abilities after 15 years:

Artes Liberales: Astronomy 1 [1]
Church Lore: Brittany 1 [8]
Code of Hermes: Quaesitorial Rights 1 [9]
Dominion Lore: Angels 4+2 [2]
Etiquette: Magi 1 [3]
Intrigue: Alliances 4+2 [2]
Folk Ken: Sensing Motives 2 [2]
Guile: Elaborating on the Truth 2 [2]
Faerie Lore: Pacts and Bargains 1 [4]
Finesse: Imaginem 1 [1]
Infernal Lore: Demons 4 [4]
Magic Theory: Imaginem 4+2 [3]
Music: Singing 1 [2]
Normandy Tribunal Lore: Covenants 2 [1]
Order of Hermes Lore: Famous Magi 1[5]
Order of the Quartet Lore: Philosophy 2 [5]
Parma Magica: Mentem 4 [17]
Sense Holiness and Unholiness: Angels 2
Theology: Dangerous Knowledge 2

Arts after 15 years:
Creo 8 [7]
Intellego 5 [3]
Muto 7 [1]
Perdo 5 [3]
Rego 10 [7]

Animal 7 [6]
Aquam 4
Auram 6 [2]
Corpus 7
Herbam 6 [5]
Ignem 9 [3]
Imaginem 7+3
Mentem 5
Terram 7 [6]
Vim 7 [1]

Spells:

Corpus:
Bind Wound CrCo10
Gentle Touch of the Purified Body CrCo20
The Chirurgeon's Healing Touch CrCo20

Ignem:
Aurelia's Solar Ray CrIg15
Flash of the Scarlet Flames CrIg15
Lamp Without Flame CrIg10

Imaginem:
Aura of Ennobled Presence MuIm10
Disuguise of the Transformed Image MuIm15
Prying Eyes InIm5
Summoning the Distant Image InIm25

Mentem:
Aura of Rightful Authority ReMe20
Calm the Motion of the Heart PeMe15
Ring of Warding against Spirits ReMe10
The Call to Slumber ReMe10

Vim:
Gather the Essence of the Beast ReVi15
Sense of Magical Power InVi2
Scales of the Magical Weight InVi5
Sense the Nature of Vis InVi5
The Invisible Eye Revealed InVi25

Vis Stores after 15 years: 20 pawns Vim, 1 pawn Rego, 1 pawn Intellego, 2 pawns Imaginem, 1 pawn Ignem, 1 pawn Herbam
Warpin score: 2 [17]