[td]8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Reserves of Strength[/td]
[td]9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Improved Characteristics (actually Great Stamina)[/td]
[td]10[/td][/tr][/table]

Flaws

[table][tr][td]Greedy, Major Personality (Food, drink, women, etc)[/td]
[td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dark Secret, Major Story (Family is descended from Aurelian and secretly worships Sol Invictus)[/td]
[td]6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Greater Malediction (Greatly weakened when kept out of sunlight for more than a day) (-6 to all physical rolls?)[/td]
[td]9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Poor Student[/td]
[td]10[/td][/tr][/table]

I'd like some feedback on the Greater Malediction. Should I increase the penalty?

Note. Greedy will be changed to either Proud or Driven (become known as the greatest warrior in Italy)

Characteristics

[table][tr][td]Int[/td]
[td]-3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Per[/td]
[td]-3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Pre[/td]
[td]+3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Com[/td]
[td]-3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Str[/td]
[td]+4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sta[/td]
[td]+5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dex[/td]
[td]+1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Quik[/td]
[td]+3[/td][/tr][/table]

Please correct me if I've made any mistakes. Take into consideration that Giant Blood gives a +1 to both Strength and Stamina, and that Improved Characteristics gives an extra 3 points to spend on Characteristics.

[table][tr][th]Skill (Specialization)[/th]
[th]EXP Cost (Total EXP Cost)[/th]
[th]Skill Level[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Single Weapon (Sword and Shield)[/td]
[td]75 (75)[/td]
[td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ride (Combat)[/td]
[td]30 (105)[/td]
[td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Thrown (Javelin)[/td]
[td]30 (135)[/td]
[td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl (Wrestling)[/td]
[td]50(185)[/td]
[td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Leadership (Intimidation)[/td]
[td]50 (235)[/td]
[td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics (Feats of Strength)[/td]
[td]30 (235)[/td]
[td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth (Ambushes)[/td]
[td]30(265)[/td]
[td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hunt (On horseback)[/td]
[td]15 (280)[/td]
[td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Etiquette (Nobles)[/td]
[td]15 (295)[/td]
[td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Carouse (Boisterousness)[/td]
[td]15 (310)[/td]
[td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm (Warriors)[/td]
[td]15 (325)[/td]
[td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sailing (Mediterranean ships)[/td]
[td]15 (340)[/td]
[td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Ken (Mediterranean Nobles)[/td]
[td]15 (355)[/td]
[td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swim (The Sea)[/td]
[td]5 (360)[/td]
[td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Music (Singing basso)[/td]
[td]5 (365)[/td]
[td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intrigue (Camp Politics)[/td]
[td]5 (370)[/td]
[td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival (On Campaign)[/td]
[td]5 (375)[/td]
[td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Handling (Horses)[/td]
[td]5 (380)[/td]
[td]1[/td][/tr][/table]

Rather than draw up an annual list of EXP gains, I've assigned him traits based on his background.

He's the son of a minor barone (essentially a standard Landed Noble.) His family's holdings are concentrated around Roccaforte, a fortified manor house of great antiquity in the southern Apennines. The di Roccaforte have ruled the remote, backwards, and inhospitable villages that support them since time immemorial. Family legend has it that they are descendents of Aurelian through a grandson that survived and fled to the area, a story which the Sol Cult accepts. Despite their ancient roots, supposedly semi-divine nature, and the occasional bit of support from the Sol Cult, they have never been any more than minor players in the region, though they are famed for being being particularly bellicose and masculine.

Aurelio di Roccaforte was the youngest of many strong and occasionally brutal brothers. Though he grew to be strongest and most brutal of all of them, he yearned for more than control over the family estate. He left his brothers squabbling over who would inherit which goat herd and left for Rome. There, he made contact with the local Sol temple. Though not really pious, Aurelio always cultivated a superstitious caution when confronting either Sol or the Christian God. Ironically, he ended up serving both the Cult as a devotee and a young, aristocratic bishop as a household knight while in the Eternal City. Unfortunately, he had to leave the city after a rashly thought out dueling challenge resulted in the death of an important nobleman. Swearing to guard and serve Syrus until his mission was accomplished, he set out with the band of Invicti to find a place to found a temple.

By the way, I'm going to change the Greedy Major Personality Flaw to either Proud or Drive (become known as the greatest warrior in Italy.) I'd like to use some of the rules from Lords of Men for this character, especially the Noble Reputation system.

I'd like to see Aurelio serve the covenant in combat. It would also be fun to have him join the current count on piracy expeditions, possibly even become his vassal and serve as the puppet noble for the covenant. Another option would be for him to serve the King of Sicily as a local agent (thus pitting him against the Count) or have him serve as a mercenary for Muslim rulers.

His Native Language is Italian (Apennine dialect.)

According to my calculations he should be 24 years old.

(((380-50)-45) / 15) + 5

The EXP total minus the bonus EXP for Warrior, minus the childhood EXP, divided by 15, plus five for childhood years, in that order

You can certainly use the rules from Lords of Men, however I should point out that with a Int -3 and Com-3 he isn't likely to have much of a role in politics beyond a grunt, regardless of his societal position.

You took improved characteristics, but I don't see where you have used it, on the other hand you have raised your strength to 5 without any reference as to how- should improved characteristics be Great strength instead?

Yes. I misinterpreted the rules for Giant Blood. I'll make a note of the change,

Exactly, I see him eventually occupying the role of leg-breaker and "bad cop" for some powerful noble or other.

I wanted to confirm the rules for weapon types and skills. Would the Single Weapon skill be used for all Single Weapons, like a lance for example, or just the specialty?

I haven't played through any combat in this game. Would this character be pretty good?

I'm thinking about making him a squire with one of my grog slots, a shifty-eyed good-for-nothing.

Yes, single weapon would apply to all single weapons
If you specialize that gives you an effective +1 with that weapon

He needs a native language

I get 26 years old