avoiding the penalties for being wounded

I concede to your argument. I knew it was a bit far fetched, but as I said I'd like this thread to at least question the idea. And that has been succesfull.

I would however still in accordance with me first argument, that a season of lab work can be cooked down to 12 hrs of painless effort, have this solution influence the lab work. Fruny's proposal of a risk modifier seems very reasonable in that regard. I do agree that interesting stories could made from this and I would surely jump right in, but I also think that there should be tangtible trade-offs if this is used simply to munchkin.

There is quite some cost involved with this device:
The CrCo 40 (R:Touch, D:Sun) spell to temporarily heal the Heavy Wound of our hapless magus must first be invented as a special version (ArM5 p. 168) for that specific magus, or would at every casting bestow a further warping point upon the recipient.
So this device is not something a single magus can just come up with after receiving the Heavy Wound and then finding out how it hampers his lab activities. It rather requires forethought, some do-ut-des among sodales and a few seasons time to implement before it can be used.
And it probably will involve an implicit promise that the recipient will afterwards volunteer every time a magus battering ram is needed by the covenant. :wink:

Kind regards,

Berengar

Great idea! Nothing beats good story solutions!

Great! This good argument is winning me over a bit. Now there is trouble and pay-offs - especially the kinds that give birth to stories. This is turning to the kind of roleplay i prefer, and it is moving away from being a simple rule mechanic abuse (though I concur that if used in term of a story and not just downtime the picture of the nightly sufferings of a magus to work healthily at day is interesting). I would still think of some kind of mild, or interesting, risk modifier as suggested by Fruny because I still think the magus' projects would be a bit more "interesting" due to his daily rutine being very lopsided.