Back to Bellaquin (winter 1237)

"That is Kether's wife. Although, come to think of it the jewels are new."

After a tour of the covenant, a reply is ready.

When Vara gets the reply she will thank them for the tour, and take her leave to get the message back as soon as possible. It seems important and this covenant seems like it has issues. No need to stick around.

Should we just assume Vara gets back to the Covenant with their reply?

yes.

When Vara returns she'll try and find Lucas and report what has happened. "Got the letter delivered! That covenant's a mess by the way. They have a reply too. Do you have some time to talk? I wanted to bounce some ideas of a member of the Covenant." Vara is a bit nervous on the last part. Doesn't want to mess anything up.

Lucas is a little hard to find, still living in Majorca as he does. But he travels regularly to Andorra, so Vara doesn't have to wait too long to see him.

"I've heard that things are crazy over there," Lucas replies. "I haven't had a chance to visit Bellaquin personally, but I plan to soon. I can hardly wait." He shakes his head slowly back and forth.

"So, what can I do for you?"

"Well long story short, I was hoping to find someplace to call home for several years at least. I've done a lot of searching for ancient lore for, well that's a long story. Point is I have that information in the form of Lisbeth and its time to start to make something of it. The ideal situation would be to join a covenant with good library resources especially when it comes to being able to write, but texts to research on the arcane lores would be helpful too. Then a place to put those writings so other people could access them and benefit. But baring that just having access to such a library would be great and baring that being able to work with the people running the library to help store and distribute whatever I manage to compile in written form.

Vara sighs before coming to her point "Basically I'd like some advice about how to go about either joining your covenant outright or working out something about library access. Who to approach and so forth. Obviously I'm not expecting anything, but I hope we could work out something which benefits everyone. Worst case scenario is I camp in the Mercere House and send everything to the Great Library so people can get access to it if they... well pay for the "shared" information stored there. The last bit is a twinge sarcastic.