Blossoming Covenants

Rhodri looks back at Gwendolyn and her response and then back to Siobhan.

"I'm sorry, Rhodri ex Bonisagus. You're...Gwendolyn? Do you know our Quaesitor Siobhan?" Rhodri steps back to tap Siobhan on the shoulder and gestures back to Gwendolyn. He also leans close to Siobhan.

"I need to speak with you about Alexander..." he whispers quietly.

Looking off to her left she nods.

"Yes I know of her, but not personally. I guess I was just smalltalking..."

She looks at Alexander, who seems ill at ease, and at the whispering between Rhodri and Siobhan.

Secrets...little secrets....yet again, I owe them time to ajust.

"Alexander, do you need to sit down, you' re shaking!"

Siobhan raises an eyebrow as she looks at Rhodri curiously. She is now studying Alexander much more closely as she looks at the two newcomers. "Tell me more about yourselves and your background. I will get it out eventually and if I know everything in advance, it makes it a lot easier for investigations if you are accused?"

Siobhan's eyes slowly shift between the two. The strange ex Misc maga who wanted to great as if they were old friends and the bonisagus that seems to have secrets. "Somehow I think that this is not going to be a quiet covenant."

Aggie and Maximianus are actually speaking to each other as they go over the plans on the Covenant as well as the location of labs and apparently are bickering over something (or someone) they keep referring to as the Cask of Bountiful Spring. The reason you can't decide if it's an object or a person is that they have referred to it as 'she' more than once.

The Grogs and Custos have no real idea what is being spoken of in Latin, but they sense the tension in the air as Siobhan turns to speak to the new arrivals.

[i]I might as well tell them. My fellow Bonisagus already recalls the tale, probably told as a cautionary tale, I suppose.

And it won't do to hide information from a Quaesitor.

Very well, so be it.[/i] Alexander thinks.

“I am Alexander ex Bonisagus. Justinian the Apostate was my first parens, then Damocles ex Guernicus completed my training, after I was deemed uncorrupted by a lawfully convened Tribunal.”

By the Praeco's tie-breaking vote no less.

“I passed my Gauntlet under Damocles' eyes, and thus have been granted both my freedom and my rights as a Magus of the Order.”

'Filius non portabit iniquitatem patris et pater non portabit iniquitatem filii. Iustitia iusti super eum erit et impietas impii erit super eum *' he adds, his eyes unflinchingly meeting Siobhan's gaze.

*Ezekiel 18:20-- "The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."
King James Bible

Rhodri stands nervously for a moment or two after the revelation before turning to Siobhan. "It is true, our House, with Quaesitori sanction did adopt him and he did pass his Gauntlet. It is our House's shame of course that his renounced Parentes managed to bring such infamy upon us all. Maximianus was one of the Masters who voted in favor of allowing him to live." He turns to Alexander.

"I'm sorry Sodales, I'm sure this is painful and embarassing, but better to know now than later."

Seeing that Siobhan and Alexander are squaring off against each other, Gwendolyn moves to one side, hesitant about what to do. She bites her lower lip and refrains from speaking, eventhough she does not quite know what she would have said.

I would have thought her kinder, and not so authoritarian.

"Rhodri, can we please just go?"

Bjorn started off paying rapt attention to what was happening between the newcomers and Siobhan, but his attention has obviously wandered. Hearing Old Aggie and Maximianus repeatedly mention this 'Cask of Bountiful Spring,' he has become more intrigued about this item than whatever seems to be going on between his covenant mates. Keeping his body facing towards the conversation between the younger magi, Bjorn inches towards the elders, hoping to overhear more without appearing to be eavesdropping.

"It does not molest the fae!" wheezes Maximianus again for the third time.

"That's not what they say!" retorts Aggie. They've basically left inspection and display of the Covenant plans to continue their discussion on some magical item. Those listening close have figured out that the item (it is not clear what it is, or whther Maximianus made it or found it) was lent to Aggie, who has yet to return it. Aggie meanwhile has accused Maximianus more than once of giving him the item as some elaborate plot to get him killed by the Fae.

Siobhan makes a mental note to read up on that case in her texts on the tribunal law. She looks at the woman that tried to greet her in the strange way, "and I have to ask, is there a reason that I should know you that you tried to great me so familiarly? As far as I know, I don't know many of house Ex Miscellanea in This tribunal in which I am new to. I arrived shortly before the tribunal last fall."

Slightly shocked that Siobhan seems to have taken the news in stride, Alexander's tension begins to dissipate.

[i]Perhaps my background will not be as big an issue as I thought. Dare I hope that I'll be welcomed unreservedly by these folk?

Well, perhaps not unreservedly, but they seem to keep open minds. We shall see, then.[/i]

Satisfied with this reception, Alexander's attention begins to shift to the discussion between Maximianus and Aggie.

"Cask of Bountiful Spring?" he asks, almost to himself.*

*Int+Magic Lore+Simple die= (1d10+4=8) to see if Alexander knows anything about this cask... I'm guessing: "No." :stuck_out_tongue:

Dermot McArdry, the current leader of the Clan emerges from his tent and approaches the magi poring over the plans. He's young and handsome, and definitely looks like a man destined for for something great. He pushes his way through to stand in front Agitatus, even going so far as to push through the ones that were obviously magi. He looks at the plans, ignoring the somewhat alarmed looks from some of the Magi and then addresses Agitatus in rough Latin.

"Well Aggie? Is this our home? I have received word that Tessa and Acacius have scouted the land and should be ready to receive us." he asks. Aggie nods.

"Aye lad. We can go there and build our home." he said after a moment of contemplation. "How did things go with the Reeve?"

"Well enough. Let me worry about such things." he says rather flatly. Aggie raises an eyebrow at that but let's it pass after a moment.

"Very well, gather your flock, I'll gather ours. We can be ready shortly." Aggie and Dermot make a short bow to each other.

"Alright lads! Get ye're worthless hides a movin'! Start bringing the gear to the docks!" Dermot calls to his men.

Aggie turns to the magi. "Well it looks like our servants are ready, if we're ready let's be off." he says as he gestures to Maximianus and Rhodri who rolls up the scroll.

"Well you see..." Dermot walks loudly into their midst, and Gwendolyn once more holds her tongue, at least until his attention is fixed on something.

"It is probably best to discuss it in private, ...Quaesitor."

Bjorn's brow furrows as he listens to the two elder magi argue. He has never heard of this 'Cask of Bountiful Spring' that they speak of, and now does not seem to be the moment to ask.

With the call to move out, Bjorn quickly goes to his pile of belongings, a sturdy looking trunk and something wrapped in a swath of cloth. He carefully picks up the protected bundle, cradling it close to his body, and anxiously watches the grogs as they load his trunk. Trying to convey instructions to be careful in latin to the grogs, Bjorn follows them and his trunk to the ship.

"We are to be of the same covenant. You can call me Siobhan." She is wondering if this is another thing like that of the Bonisagus. She hopes that she is not going to have to be spending all her time investigating her own covenantmates. She moves to get her bags to move out. She is already packed up since she has been traveling already.

"Very well, then," Alexander says, shifting the pack on his shoulders, and moving forward to join the rest of the magi.

[i]It seems our journey is far from over. Good. These people waste no time. I like that.

Besides,[/i] he muses. Traveling with company is a good way to get to know someone.

"If I may ask, Sodales," Alexander says, nearing Rhodri, but speaking openly and looking around to the rest of the group. "What manner of vessel will we be embarking on, and how far is it to our destination?"

Aggie turns from his staring bout with Maximianus to address Alexander.

"We'll be taking a ship lad. Glad you asked! Dermot, ask the captain what would be the absolute fastest we could arrive. If the conditions were the best." Dermot raises an eyebrow at that and has it returned by a sly smile from Aggie.

"Aye wizard. I'll find out." Dermot says as he turns to join a few of the men bringing the gear down to the port. Maximianus frowns.

"Feh, I have a spell that will get us, the gear, and the boat there in no time."

"Ah...I'm sure ye do Maxi, but then the men will wonder why they're moving so fast without a breeze and the oars not moving."

"Who gives a bloody Hell what they think!" retorts Maximianus scornfully. It seems a bit strange that Agitatus of all people seems to be more concerned about hiding his magic than the Bonisagus.

"And the destination? Are we going to an islet? A bay? A cove? Up the coast, down the coast?"

Gwendolyn stretches her neck slightly to look past Rhodri and Alexander at Aggie and Maximianus.

"Is it a place you have already collaborated to be welcome to us?"

Rhodri is gathering up the scroll and putting it back in the case. "We'll just be crossing the channel. From there we head west of castle Launceston. One of our covenmates spent the winter scouting the spot. From there we shall cast the spell to create the Covenant."

The surly Scottish clan members are breaking down the rest of the camp that they've been waiting at since mid Fall, hurrying down to the Port where their ship awaits.

Bjorn has moved away from the group of magi to follow the grogs carrying his trunk. He seems to be doing quite a good job at aggravating the Scotsmen as he instructs them in latin and crude hand motions on how to do transport his precious belongings. But when a grog comes to take the wrapped bundle from his hands, Bjorn swats the grog's hand away, cradling his package closer to himself.