Blossoming Covenants

There are elements that Siobhan carries herself as well, the prime ones are a collection of scrolls and a grimoire on the hermetic law of the tribunal. She is entrusted with them and she has them wrapped in water resistant case and strapped to her back. Her own grimoires are just as carefully stored in a trunk that she carries.

Down at the port the sailors grumble and grouse as the the Scottish men bring their gear to be loaded. It is with the arrival of some of the magi that the sailors actually stop what they're doing, some looking at the magi in either horror or dismay. Dermot is talking with the Captain Martin at the sight of the protest, Dermot gestures at the sailors and cocks an eyebrow.

"Captain, I paid extra for this, a simple day and night's travel, and I've paid for that and more." Captain Martin seems to be weighing his options as he looks at the Gifted men with suspicion. In the end though, silver and his reputation wins out over the imposed feelings, and he turns to the men with a shout.

"Ye lazy bilge rats! Ye stop working one more time and I'll flog ye to the bone! I'll not lose my coin 'cause a few of ye have bad feelins! Pick up their bloody gear and get to work!" One of the men tries to speak.

"But Captain..."

"Mr. Thomson! Ye have two choices! Pick up that gear and shut your mouth, or stay here at port and ye'll never sail another ship again! Do ye understand!" The Captain says so fiercely that flecks of spit fly from his mouth. Mr Thomson sighs and picks up a crate and walks it up the gang plank.

The sailors grudgingly get back to work as more gear and men arrive. It looks like your group might be the only cargo that is being taken, perhaps that's why the Captain is taking you, with no other business he'll definitely lose money.

The gear is quickly loaded, much of it was already by the port in anticipation. Captain Martin is surlier than the sailors, and with his booming voice and a fast cuff to the head of reluctant sailors he gets things moving. Dermot is spoken to primarily by Captain Martin and his young first mate Andrew, the Magi are ignored and avoided. Once the gear and animals that will be on the ship are loaded Dermot addresses the Magi in his formal but basic Latin.

"Magisters. We be ready to leave. Some of the clan will be travelling around the channel by land, we expect them in a month or two. We travel by ship to the port of Launceston and then the site. Merry will meet us in port. Magisters, I ask ye to stay on the deck and speak not to the men on the ship. Just...stay out of the way, it cost extra before Martin would allow ye even near the ship.

"Aggie, Andrew the first mate said they could make it in a day if the wind and current were truly fair. They expect us to arrive tomorrow by Matins perhaps." Dermot quirks an eyebrow, almost in challenge to the old wizard.

Aggie returns the eyebrow. "A day eh?" he cracks the knuckles of his long and spindly fingers. "I'll see what I can do about that..." The young Master Andrew approaches Dermot and speaks in English.

"Captain Martin says to board the ship or he'll dump everything over board and leave you to fish it out yourself." He nods to the assembled Magi and tips his shapeless hat.

"Aye." says Dermot and turns to the Magi again. "We need to board the boat...now please."

"My thanks...Dermot, is it?" Alexander says, moving onto the ship's deck, as instructed.

"Thankfully, the journey is to be short, he whispers to Rhodri in Latin. "I wouldn't like to test the crew's mood on a long journey. The Gift carries a dangerous price."

Smelling the water and feeling the cool breeze on her skin makes Gwendolyn shudder slightly.

Don't worry, it's not like those years ago, when you left mother...I wonder how she is? Maybe given time, I could try and find her...just to be assured she is doing well...
Gwendolyn walks onto the boat and looks around, seeing that space will be rather tight, she bundles up with a blanket at the stem, where she hopes she will be out of sight and not too much in the way for the seamen.

Eyeing Alexander as he walks on board she waves at him and calls out in Latin:

"Alexander, may I speak with you?"

After Alexander speaks to Dermot he just looks at him annoyed and walks away to help an aging woman up the gangplank. "Where do they come from? Are they appearing from thin air now?" he mumbles in Scottish.

The sailors keep well away, either hanging from the rigging or staying in another section. It will be pretty snug on the deck though. Hopefully the trip won't be long.

"Travelling by ship..." grumbles the old wizard Maximianus. "Next thing you know I'll be carousing with sailors" he says in disgust. "Drinking and singing shanties!" Rhodri helps him along.

"Now now Master, it will just be a short trip..."

"Oh do shut up!" he snaps as he steps onto the deck.

Old Aggie seems much more chipper, actually whistling a spirited tune. He's keeping his hands behind his back, but the wizards coming up behind notice that his hands are forming gestures to cast a spell. The wind seems to pick up a bit and echo with the whistling of the wizard.

"Certainly, Sodales," Alexander replies to Gwendolyn's request, also in Latin.

"How may I be of service?"

As the magi, grogs, equipment and remaining people board the ship, the wind starts to pick up more noticably. The magi quickly take a seat out of the way of the crew, who likewise try to stay away also.

"Captain!" one of them calls. "The wind is kicking up strong! If it stays this way we'll be rid of this lot soon!"

"Aye!" the Captain agrees and seems pleased at the prospect. "Put full sail to that wind!" he commands. "Aye Captain!" come a chorus of affirmatives from the sailors.

Using long oars they scuttle their way from the dock and into the harbor and begin lowering the sails. With the sails in position the ship almost leaps forward at the sudden increase in speed. Several people on deck fall or need to catch themselves while Aggie continues to whistle for a few more moments until the ship seems underway at a good speed.

Siobhan turns a little green at the movement of the boat. She isn't losing a meal yet but she definately is not a good sailor. This will never be her preferred form of travel. She holds onto her chest tightly and proves that she does have some faith as she mutters in Gaelic: "Oh God, Please let me survive this, Oh God."

OOC: She doesn't have motion sickness flaw so no mechanic drawbacks from it and it only affects ship travel, not horse or wagon.

The ship sails on at an impressive clip. The old wizard Aggie stopped whistling shortly after the ship was under way, but the wind stays strong and fortuitous for your journey. Occasionally he whispers while making gestures in his sleeves. To those that understand English, you can hear the sailors remarking about the amazing wind, but even more so they seem to claim that the currents themselves seem to be helping out.

"Captain! The ship is almost sailing itself!" exclaims the helmsman at the rudder. The captain says nothing as he nods in agreement, keeping a suspicious eye on the passengers.

"Quaesitor...are you OK?" asks Rhodri as he sees her hugging the rail.

The other old wizard sits on a trunk grumbling to himself and at anyone that sits near him.

Siobhan is not clutching the rail but rather her chest of belonging as close to the center of the ship as possible since she is afraid she might fall into the sea if she was at the rail. "It is nothing that will not be cured by getting back on decent land again." She is green but is still holding down her meal thankfully.

After Bjorn sees that his trunk is secured to his liking, he joins the other magi sitting on deck. Hunkering down with his back to a crate, he cradles his wrapped bundle in his lap, running his hand along the length to reassure himself that it has not come to any harm. Satisfied, he pulls his hood up over his face, leans his head back against the crate and closes his eyes in an attempt to get some more sleep.

Bjorn can't help but feel cold dispassionate eyes on him and his bundle, calculating, probing eyes. Looking up he sees the curious scrutiny of Maximianus as he eyes you and the bundle you cradle.

"Salve Sodales...what's that you have there might I ask?"

Not so far away Aggie sits while scratching at the ears of the dog who's always chewing on his boots.

"Yeah! Out with it!" he adds.

Siobhan mutters as the journey continues "why didn't we go over land. It wouls have been so much healthier." she is what is know to sailors around the world as Landlubber.

The trip contiues at a fast pace that the sailors continue to remark and marvel at. By mid day for those with good eyes land can actually be seen in the distance. The magi hold down their conversations or lunches as appropriate while the ship continues to move at great speed due to a magical wind that keeps blowing for your benefit.

Another four hours pass and to everyone's disbelief your ship is outside the harbor, the castle Launceston and the town surrounding it above the docks. The captain is amazed, but sends more than one suspicious glance at the strange folk he's bringing. The ship will soon be docking and you and your gear will disembark.

Bjron cracks an eye open and looks up at the two elderly magi warily, holding the bundled object in his lap just a little bit closer, as if he were afraid one of the other magi might reach out and grab it away from him. "I have crafted an item, this season past, that will be of aid to us in our new covenant. I call it my Mystical Wand of Vis Harvesting. Upon using the command word, it gathers raw vis that we find and stores it into a small item of your choosing." Bjorn gets more animated as he talks about his item, his eyes gleaming, and his hand unconciously stroking the bundle.

Aggie purses his lips and nods, reaching for the rail to help him stand up. The sailors and crew are bustling as they prepare to enter the harbor and dock. Maximianus smiles condescendingly at the revelation of the item.

"Ah, another fine item of the Tinker's Guild. A device created to save you the embarassment of casting a spell that most apprentices can do spontaneously. A fine use of time and vis I'm sure." Rhodri looks over and his jaw drops from embarassment.

"Master! Bjorn is a fine and gifted member of Veriditius and my covenmate!"

"Bah!" Maximianus snaps. "He doesn't even have the wit to call you by your correct and vulgar name!"

Rhodri looks a bit chastened at that and approaches Bjorn. "I think it's a marvelous item, and will no doubt allow a Grog to do the labor and thus free up our time, right?" He then leans in to whisper. "And my name is Rhodri...Ro-dri"

Bjorn looks up at Rhodri blankly, blinking a bit. "Rhodri, you say?"

His eyes narrow at the accusation from Maximianus, but he turns back to Rhodri and talks to him, though obviously addressing someone else. "I for one prefer the reliability of a magical device as compared to the fickel nature of spontaneous spells. Though I know some magi willingly court twillight at every opportunity, I for one do not feel the need to experience it too quickly."

With this Bjorn stands up with his item, watching the ship come into port and preparing to disembark.

Maximianus snorts. "I'm sure Verditius himself said something like that when confronted with his own ineptness at spellcasting." The rest of his conversation is cut short though as all the magi's eyes turn towards the setting sun. When the sun sets there will be some definite difficulties. Not only will the Parma fade, but it will have to be cast again, no doubt all of the magi will still be on the ship when that happens. But also the likelihood of finding a decent place to rest in town this late and with a group of magi will be highly unlikely.

Tow roaps are readied by sailors on the boat and stevedors at the docks. Obviously no one expected the ship to make such excellent time and are now caught unawares as the ship pulls into the docking area.

Siobhan choses to defned the Verditious. She weakly gets out "The powers of the devices of the verditious though do not fail spectacularly in the auras that are not as friendly to our arts. There is a value to the devices for their reliability and safety, especially for those of us that are not yet over a hundred and arch mages." She and her stuff will be first off the ship.