Bow of the woodsman - item for moderation

My Veriditus wants to make a magical bow to give to grogs in his covenant to help defend the walls (we've been making friends again). I want it to be a lesser enchanted device that makes the archer more accurate. Effectively giving him a bonus to hit.

I figured this
Base 3 - (control and amount of wood)
+1 touch (since the bow will cast this effect on the arrows rather than itself)
+10 unlimited uses a day
Total level = 14

Would this suffice to get a bonus on to hit rolls and if so what bonus would be appropriate?

On a related point, i take it the arrows will ping harmlessly off parma?

Such bow could hit automatically, and bounce off of any magic resistance a target had. Your storyguide might just want to give a bonus to hit, but this will increase your damage, so they might not.

Have your Verditius be initiated into the mystery that allows him to make attuned items (from mystery Cults, no book with me). Takes one season, one pawn of vis and the bow has a+5 to hit, and ignores parma.

Well if you don't want it to bounce off of parma I'd do something that effects something other than the arrow.

I'd use this guideline
In He 1: intuitive knowlege of a plant (136)

Another choices would be a rego corpus effect that holds the weilder's body rigid, or a perdo auram effect to remove all wind from the arrow's path.

What gives it the +5 to hit?

And it certainly doesn't ignore Parma. The reference in the HoH:MC only states that unlike a talisman, the MR of the owner of this item doesn't cover the attuned item.

Some interesting suggestions.

Concerning the path of the arrow spell, would it not be reasonable to include an Auram requisite?

Great work around! I'm not convinced the bonus should be so high, but I certainly intend to suggest this idea to our local Verditius.

Look at the Items of Quality mystery in HoH:MC. +5 is the shape bonus to harm at a distance for bows, and it states that items of quality are not resisted by MR.

Ah yes - now I see, an item of quality - but earlier you talked of attuned items, hence the confusion.

that would be reasonable,.

You are talking about the inetellego herbam item I put up yes? Not my suggestion for an item that removes all of the wind from an arrow's path, that enchnatment would be (IMO) straight Perdo Auram with no requisits.

Yes - for the InHe spell. The other is very fine.

Have the Verditius initiated into the mystery "Items of quality". One season, one pawn of Vim Vis, and you have a bow with a +5 on its attack rolls, that is not resisted by magic resistance. How's that? (from HoH:MC).

Have the Verditius initiated into the mystery "Items of quality". One season, one pawn of Vim Vis, and you have a bow with a +5 on its attack rolls, that is not resisted by magic resistance. How's that? (from HoH:MC).

Ok, I think you got your point across :smiley:

The items of quality mystery is certainly one that the verditius in question is going for but doesn't have yet.

I like the InHe effect a lot and i think i will go for this rather than my original one.

Thanks for your thoughts.

uh yeah, i did that on accident under the effects of a PeMe spell.