Bride of the Vavel Dragon

The journey to Coeris was eventful, but not very exciting. You wound up being rerouted three times. Once to rescue some stragglers, again to pick up supplies, and a third when you recieved a message to transport troops form Lycanedon to Coeris.
Vibria is in her temporary quarters at Coeris, getting ready for an important war council wherin Admiral Akbar wil debrief her and her strike force on there mission.
There is a knock on her door. Vibria opens it and there kneels Jaksic with a flower in hand.
[color=green]Vibria, no one has ever believed in me the way you do, inspired me like you do, filled me with hope the way you do. And nw, now we prepare for a battle that could end this war or be our final swan song of battle glory. Whatever our fate, I proudly face it with you.
He produces a ring.
[color=green]Vibria, will you let me be your husband? If we die, let it be as a man and wife.

Vibria was lying on her pillows, as close to the raging fire as she could get without risking her clothes, the pillows (which are somewhat expensive), or the letters from various magi concerning the dragon campaign and her duties (which are priceless). She drew her blanket, shimmering with the heart from her Robes Proof Against the Cold that she had cast on it earlier, up around her chin. She wished that she would, for once in her life, be warm enough.

[color=red]"Just a second," Vibria calls out as she rolls to her feet, pulling the blanket around her and wondering who would be knocking at that hour.

She barely had time to smile at Jaksic and wonder what he was doing on his knee (she didn't think that he was the sort to peer through her keyhole to try to catch a glimpse, but he wouldn't have been the first...and most people don't knock on the door when they do) when his words came tumbling out.

She stared at her suitor in mute surprise as his words soak in. [color=red]He wants to marry me? He wants to marry me? He wants to marry me? is her initial reaction.

Then her mind starts to race, almost as fast as her heart. [color=red]Those are the sweetest words anyone's ever told me, and he sounds sincere. And nervous. And maybe a little scared? Why does he want to marry me, so soon? We've only known each other a few weeks. Granted, we do have a lot in common, and we do get along well, so we won't spend all our time fighting like some people. Maybe that's enough, to start? It's better than if I had married whoever it was Mama and Papa finally decided for me before Fulminara claimed me. And he is a wonderful man, treats me better than anyone else had. And he doesn't stare at my chest all the time...okay, he stares at my chest, but he doesn't stare at just[i] my chest. He's probably the only man I know who knows what colour my eyes are. I wonder what it would be like lying with him? He's not bad-looking, if a little on the skinny side. And our children...does he want children, too? How many are we going to have? And how dragon will they be? Hopefully they'll be more dragon than either of us. I wonder what Grandfather will say? He seems to like Jaksic well enough, I'm sure he'll be happy for us. What is Smok going to do about it? Or will he even care?

My God, that ring's gorgeous![/i] (It's a good sign of Vibria's confused state that it took about 0.7 seconds for her to get a good look at the ring)

She grins, drops the blanket, and grabs Jaksic in a bone-crushing hug. [color=red]"Yes, I'll let you marry me!" then kisses him.

The two of you embrace in a assionate kiss, lip locked and tongue exporing. Vibria feels as if her lungs are filling with fire!

Before it can go any further though, you are (nervously) interrupted by a grog of Coeris.
[color=brown]General Vibria, the war council is about to begin.

[color=red]"Oh. Right. The war council." Vibria's face is flushed, with both passion and embarrassment.

She smiles at Jaksic. [color=red]"I'll be back soon, and we can talk about our plans then." She then follows the Coeris grog to the council chamber.

Once she arrives, she'll greet the others and take her place, trying to pay attention to what's going on...although she will be a little bit distracted during the proceedings.

The War council consists of nine generals. Five of them are currently in the field, such as Exadaur (and now Aeorix). There are four here at this meeting. One is Vibria, another is Octavian whom has been met previously. The other two are young Tremere magi, about Vibria's age. They look at her with doubt, judging her unfairly.

Vibria sits at the table, looking around at the others. [color=red]"Good afternoon, Octavian, sodales," she says with a smile. [color=red]"I am General Vibria Flambonis."

She continues smiling in what she hopes is a winning manner, even after the others look at her doubtfully. After a moment, she smooths the front of her robe and wonders if there's something wrong with the way she looks. [color=red]I know I'm entitled to wear decorations with designs of grass and myrtle...am I supposed to wear them? If so, why haven't they bought me any? Why isn't anyone saying anything?

(I need to think this out and plan appropriately. I will have somethings up soon.)

You eventually find out how it works. You are not granted to wear actual decorations. You are allowed to wear designs that look like decorations. That's on you. You can have them embroidered in your robes or cloak or something if you choose. Here at the War Council, Octavian is wearing medals. One of the other two has a sash with designs, and the other displays none. It occurs to you that it would be wise if you all wore something that made it easy to quickly recognize identity and rank.

The conference table is large and round with twelve seats. Imagine a clock with noon at north. Generals are invited to take seats in positions 6 to 12. Three is reserved for Poena, Prima of House Tremere and Praeco of Transyvania.

Who enters with dignified ceremony. Followed by Sigmund Ex-Miscelanea, Erica of Mercere, Agustus of Flambeau, and Stentorius of Tremere.

Who is everyone?
Octavian you met. He is a former Andorra magus. The two Tremere generals are yet unnamed. Fixer mentioned ossibly generating and playing one as an NPC. If he is reading this, I think that is a great idea. Someone else can take the other if they want.
Sigmund is your grandfather :slight_smile: He has been given position as Special Advisor to the Prima. Erica is Chief Redcap of the Tribunal. She has sent a summons to al available Tremere magi to come to Coeris (Vocis should get here in a few days). Agustus is a Warden of the Antares and is another Special Avisor. Stentorius is from the Rhine and has arrived with reinforcements.

Poena takes her seat, placing the legendary Skull of Nosugref before her (not a real skull, but a huge diamond carved like one). She pounds the gavel.
This emergency session of the Transylvanian War Council is now called to order.
Salve sodales. Thank you for your service in these trying times.

It's late, so I'll do up a proper post tomorrow. But Vibria will start drooling when she sees the Skull of Nosugref.

Okay, so let's say... one of these generals is Kenza filia Castet Tremeris. A plump, smiling woman of arabic descent, looking about 45-50 years old.

Vibria takes her seat in (random.org says) Chair # 10. She rises when Poena (and the others) enter, and sits when she does. She almost misses her chair, and has to reach a hand behind her to make sure she doesn't fall. The diamond skull seems to swell in her eyes, to the point where she's barely aware of anything else.

[color=red]"It's my pleasure and honour to serve, Prima."

She stays silent for most of the meeting, trying to listen and picturing where the skull would look best in her sanctum.

((please be patient, many wondrous things are soon to be posted here))

Poena touches the skull and enacts an Imaginem effect that can display tactical maps, charts, and make a 3-D power point presentation.
Five icons are shown on the table, symbolizing the five major factions in the war. As Poena points and speaks, different smaller symbols are displayed, notes are written. Each general has been assigned a secretary and each secretary an assistant scribe. They take notes for you.
This Dragon War has no single cause or focus. The Pax Draconia has broken down and it is an absolute free for all. The primary factor in this is a burgeoning and highly concentrated dragon population barely kept peaceful by a greater dragon unseen in generations thus presumed missing or dead. There are outside influences, dragons from the East that have been making attacks in Novgorod and seek to spread their alliance here.
Five major factions are involved. They are code lettered...

• A Abur-circirlie is the ancient rival of Fetiluscaviceps. He has drawn a following of dragons in general revolt believing the old Roman dragon dead. Some believe the magi have deceived them
    and fooled them into thinking he is alive. I really don't care. I just know that if Abur gets a beat down, or if Fetilus can be found, that entire faction will fall in line. General Vibria, I am putting you in charge of this. Draw whatever forces and resources required. Get it done.

• S Stormriders are an alliance of aerial dragons and giant storm wizards
    blahblahblah, General Exedaur blahblahblah.

• V Veles is the ancient rival of the pagan god Perun blahblahblah, not sure if Magic or Infernal blahblahblah

• D blablahblahblahblahblah TREASURE that they are fighting over. Sigmundo here has devised a scheme where he will form a coalition among the magic ones against the infernal and divide the treasure with them.

• R Rabidanadas is a powerful Infernal azdaje dragon. And he is the one allied with dragons from the east who are allied of Mongolian shamans. Octavian and his associate Xalbador of Flambeau are headed into Mongolian territorry to strike at these eastern dragons. If they withraw support, the Rabid one can be easily defeated.

(Marko, this is from thin air, to flesh things out, but shouldn't impede your plans. Don't hesitate to ask me to delete if if does).

After Poena's presentation, Kenza take turns.

This may be old news to some of you, but better safe than sorry. Dragons are a difficult opponent.

First, they fly, which limits greatly the usefulness of our mundane servants and allies, as well as our ghost allies and elemental armies. This also means they move fast, and can redeploy very quickly, making them difficult to follow.

Second, they are often very tough, physically speaking, and can rip you apart before you've even noticed it. As is often the case, Vim Eversio spells, which target the beast's essence, might seem to be our best option, but you shouldn't count on it. As our prima told you, there are both Magical and Infernal dragons in this war, with the difference not always apparent. And Rezo here (She points to her secretary, a young, slim man with curly hair and purple eyes) just informed me that some dragons may even be Faerie-related, as if we weren't in deep trouble already.

This has 3 consequences.

• Unless you know precisely what you're facing, you should avoid Vim magics. Nothing gets you killed faster than using Demon's Eternal Oblivion on a furious Magical Dragon. But be careful: What may fell a human could only graze a dragon.
  • You can't just react to your opponents, since, by the time you learn of their position, they will be long gone. If you can't predict their actions, try to provoke them, and lead them into a trap where overwhelming force may be brought to bear.
  • Your grogs should mostly follow Code: Red Spark procedures. Great shields to protect you from the flames, spikes to keep the drakes at bay, and enough arrows to make them into porcupines. Unless you happen to have ballistas around, don't expect too much of them.

She catches her breath
That should be everything for now...
Oh, no, I forgot! General Vibria, if you'll excuse me*? I have been informed that you appear to have no protection against physical attacks. While it is too late to have one fashioned especially for you, I've taken the liberty of requesting the lease of an Impenetrable Hauberk** from our stores. I hope you won't need it.

Good luck to you all

• She has the busybody flaw^^
    ** A superior quality Full Leather Scale Armor (Actually Excellent quality, but not fashioned for you) enchanted with a permanent Doublet of Impenetrable Silk, meaning it has Load 5 and Protection 9

Poena smiles politely. General Kenza, famed for the Saibar Vexillation. Yu are a little late to the game so you may not know General Vibria has already slain a half dozen dragons and three rogue giants. We were all in the thick of this before your arrival this morning. I called you in for a specific purpose and I thank you for your timely arrival. I am teaming you up with General Vibria, for your Vexillation has two objectives. The first. Beat the snot out of Dragon A, in front of witnesses, and force him to yield. His faction will submit and will then ally to coerce the other factions into peace.
Second. If you can find Dragon F, that could put an end to all of this. If you can impersonate Dragon F and beat Dragon A in a chalenge, that could work too.
Tell your scribe he's fired. There are no Faerie Dragons in Transylvania. The Giants are Faeries. Except the Storm Riders. Also, it turns out that Ablation is ineffective. It merely renders them unable to use magic powers. They still have claws. General Pachita Tremere died making that discovery.
As for Infernal Dragons, they are still beasts of the earth. They are not demons, they are Corrupted Beasts. Sigmund here is an expert on Draconic magic. He says it is because dragons are essentially chthonic, and are easilly corrupted by the lure of power the infernal offers. However, even if they are not demons I still forbid making dealings with Infernal dragons. That is why the situation with group D means we have to split the MASSIVE TREASURE BIGGER THAN A HUNDRED DRAGON HORDES with the magic parties only and otracize the infernal. Turn a bigger feaud into a smaller squabble.
And draw as much from the reserve as you need. I want an eliete squad. Every grog in a magic hauberk. Grab some big guns, Robes of Power and Rods of Wonder or whatever the %&@# we have in there. Grab a queen of vis. Do what tou got to do.
General Vibria, understand that Abur is of at east the tenth magnitude. Maybe as high as 15. He is a Dragon King. He maintains his rule by bullying other dragons. be desperate, be ruthless, do what you have to do.
[tab][/tab]...or find the missing emporer.

Poena smiles politely. General Kenza, famed for the Saibar Vexillation. Yu are a little late to the game so you may not know General Vibria has already slain a half dozen dragons and three rogue giants. We were all in the thick of this before your arrival this morning. I called you in for a specific purpose and I thank you for your timely arrival. I am teaming you up with General Vibria, for your Vexillation has two objectives. The first. Beat the snot out of Dragon A, in front of witnesses, and force him to yield. His faction will submit and will then ally to coerce the other factions into peace.
Second. If you can find Dragon F, that could put an end to all of this. If you can impersonate Dragon F and beat Dragon A in a chalenge, that could work too.
Tell your scribe he's fired. There are no Faerie Dragons in Transylvania. The Giants are Faeries. Except the Storm Riders. Also, it turns out that Ablation is ineffective. It merely renders them unable to use magic powers. They still have claws. General Pachita Tremere died making that discovery.
As for Infernal Dragons, they are still beasts of the earth. They are not demons, they are Corrupted Beasts. Sigmund here is an expert on Draconic magic. He says it is because dragons are essentially chthonic, and are easilly corrupted by the lure of power the infernal offers. However, even if they are not demons I still forbid making dealings with Infernal dragons. That is why the situation with group D means we have to split the MASSIVE TREASURE BIGGER THAN A HUNDRED DRAGON HORDES with the magic parties only and otracize the infernal. Turn a bigger feaud into a smaller squabble.
And draw as much from the reserve as you need. I want an eliete squad. Every grog in a magic hauberk. Grab some big guns, Robes of Power and Rods of Wonder or whatever the %&@# we have in there. Grab a queen of vis. Do what tou got to do.
General Vibria, understand that Abur is of at east the tenth magnitude. Maybe as high as 15. He is a Dragon King. He maintains his rule by bullying other dragons. be desperate, be ruthless, do what you have to do.
[tab][/tab]...or find the missing emporer.

[color=red]Oh, my God, I want that so bad. Or one just like it.

[color=red]"Yes, ma'am," Vibria says with a nod as she starts thinking. [color=red]Would it be better to beat down Abur-Circirlie she wonders, [i]or to find Fetiluscaviceps alive and well? Ideally, both...but if it were only one or the other...

If we beat down Abur-Circirlie, then none of the other dragons would rise against us. If we find Fetiluscaviceps, there would be no need to.[/i]

Vibria's attention returns, whip-like, to what Poena is saying. [color=red]What? Treasure? Enough that dragons are fighting over it? And Sigmundo's in charge of beating them and divvying it up? I wonder if he'll think to give me a share?

[color=red]"Truth be told, I would be surprised if you happened to have one lying around that fit me well. But I am grateful for the gift of the Hauberk, even if it is just for the time being."

Vibria beams at the unaccustomed praise, and wonders if Poena would be able to attend the wedding.

Vibria, with an almost herculean effort, forces her jaw closed and tries to discretely wipe the drool from the corners of her mouth.

Vibria nods again.

Her gentle expression doesn't her face, as Kenza listens to Poena with intense concentration, while, behind her, Rezo quickly notes the Prima's words.
She turns toward Vibria
This'll be a pleasure. I've heard you're quite an interesting lady, and I look forward at working with you :smiley:

Surprisingly, Rezo stays impassible, and it is Kenza that reacts, her round face reddening comically.
She breathes heavily, before speaking, regaining some composure

Esteemed Prima. You know I've always respected you, and served the house faithfully.
Which is why I'm telling you, as is my duty, that, with all due respect, you're making a mistake here.

First, you're shooting at the messenger. There's no point in firing a man for a mistake he didn't make.

Second, I agree with you that there was no Faerie dragons in Transylvania, until now. Can you say, with absolute certainty, that the situation hasn't changed, and that Faerie Dragons from neighborhood tribunals aren't trying to use the war to impinge on our homeland? Maybe those who wrote these reports were confused, maybe they were deceived, and maybe not. But I think we should be ready for that possibility, instead of dismissing it based on previous knowledge.

Last, even if this is a mistake, and even if this was Rezo's, this would be a slight one, since it'd only confirm our existing doctrina against dragons, and help our house prepare against new threats. Firing a valuable servant, one we've spent years to train, for this, would be a waste of our house's time and resources. If you intend to fire any servant who proves wrong or disagrees with you, we'll quickly find yourself alone in this war.

Seriously: He's saying he received reports that there MAY be faerie dragons, and you fire him for this? I don't recognize you here. I thought this was a War Council, and that you needed advisors and generals, not soldiers. But if you need these, I'll say nothing more, do my duty, and then resign once this crisis is over.

Since her emotions are so apparent, a folk ken of 6+ will reveal that she's driven by 2 loyalties: That to her man, who, in her opinion, did nothing wrong, and that to her house, since she thinks that Poena's attitude will weaken both the prima and the house. So she's ready to fry for both.

(OOC: Marko, on the part of Transylvanian Dragons being unkillable by ablation, next time, could you ask me to edit my post instead? IMO, there's no way this would have been ignored by a tremere scholar.)

Poena is being harsh to make a show of authority and discipline. The ablation thing was an unknown, for it has worked in the past. It apparently doesn't always work, as was discovered in this current war. Poena's information may be faulty or incomplete.I am trying to play her as a hard-case with a gentle demeanor. Forgive me if she comes of dismissive or harsh.

Vibria looks at Kenza for a moment (Scanning for sarcasm. Scanning. Scanning. No sarcasm found!) before she grins broadly. [color=red]"Thank you. I wish I could say that I was as familiar with you. But we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other better in the weeks to come."