Cahpter 7 ooc

Out of town and offline until Tuesday.

My understanding is that the tar circle appeared as the result of a spell, right? Three moon cycles seems like a long duration.
Also, did the attackers trace the ring on the ground when casting the tar circle spell and when casting the fire bomb spell?
I may have missed something, or else this smells very non-hermetic.

a) spell - not a ritual
b) the circle was created by a spell (not a ritual, or so it seems)
c) a containment spell was cast on the circle (or so it seems)
d) the fire spell was a circle spell that used the circle as containment (or so it seems)

Still waiting for this info.

Also, there is a new player post in Players Seeking Games. Do we want more players?

The forest fairies are in seasonal fairie courts (also associated with tree species). They ally with the forest guardian spirits against the encroachment of humans (I have no idea what RoP:F says about this, but I don't have RoP:F).

Amul has asked if we seek new players. As usual, this is a majority decision. I'll count the votes on Monday.

we have 3 playing plus a SG character and one being made. We could add one more but I will leave it more up to JM since it is his time.

I'd like to at least see Honorus in play. I'd be willing to run one or more NPCs for a chapter where he travels to the various covenants. Unless Jebrick doesn't mind?

I asked jebrick - he'll join us as soon as we move on to the next scene (pre)- Tribunal at Durenmar.

Do we have a casting tablet with an Aegis spell?

Also, is it possible to cast several spells using the same circle? I am thinking that it might be useful to cast the following spells using T: Circle and D: Ring to help protect our coven-folk:
ReIg and ReAq to keep everyone warm and dry.
CrIm to help hide us from prying eyes.
ReVi as a makeshift Aegis if the casting tablet is not available.

We will probably still be vulernable to those who created the circle in the first place, but we might be a little more comfortable.

Honorus' plans were laid out when we were going to hand wave a season for travel. So he is traveling. He will be at Durenmar.

I suggest you ask one or two final rounds of questions at Waldstein, so I can open Durenmar next week.

I also assume that you leave the mundanes at the site by themselves and tell them to build longhouses for themselves sand a smithy, carpenter shop, common hall.

Lynchessa will try a few castings of her home-building spell before leaving:

Hand of the Shaper +17
Rego Terram 25
Touch, Mom, Part,
A Rego Craft spell affecting earth and stone, which uses Finesse, Craft:Stone and/or Prof: Architect (??) to create hard-packed earth or stone buildings, up to 100 cubic paces. Mastery 1 (precise = +1 to Finesse)
Base 3, +1 Touch, +1 Part, +1 Stone, +2 size, +1 flexibility

Unless there is stone in the ground, this is essentially going to create hard-packed earth 10'x10' rooms partially underground, which can be reinforced with more weather resistant material.

I was thinking Lynchessa would want to go to some Elder Gild members for guidance and legal counsel. Of the magi present, I think only Hildegard has been to Waldstein, so I don't know that Lynchessa would know she can go there.