Can mundanes learn Enigmatic Wisdom?

Where does it say that?

Um, no, not at all. With no score in those Arts he can't cast the spell at all. You are still incorrectly differentiating between Arts and Abilities. Ignem 0 is not no score in Ignem, it's a score of 0.

Chris

Now that I've had a chance to look through some other books, here are some reasons the above line of reasoning is flawed:

1. The first of these is pretty explicit. The second and third both strongly suggest what the first says explicitly.
  1. Mysteries were not added to Ars Magica later. They are in ArM5 itself. The mechanics were added later.
  2. As far as I can see there is also no example script for Initiating Faerie Magic. Perhaps I missed it, but otherwise we have multiple cases of the same thing. Regardless, a lack of example does no show that there is Initiation to be false.
  3. Why does it take a year of instruction for other magi to pick up Enigmatic Wisdom? (HoH:MC 49) If Enigmatic Wisdom were just another Ability for Hermetic magi as you suggest, the instruction should take just a season, not a year. If, however, it requires Initiation, then you would require an instructor and need to spend at least one and potentially many seasons. So this is consistent with Initiation but not with the regular learning rules.

Chris