Cast and Director Commentary

Nice intimidation there! Although I'm waiting to hear what Ming's reaction to being called an 'assistant' is going to be... :wink:

Heeheeheeheehee! That was a CLASSIC little stunt by Ming. Stuck with the bill again, eh, Huang? :smiley:

And THIS is why I hate not being able to edit posts in PBP.

Ni Ming Shi, not Li Ming Shi.

sighs I am such an idiot...

Bear in mind that I can edit posts if necessary, so if a typo crops up again I can fix it. I'll leave this one as is as you covered it.

I was laughing out loud. Officer Cliche and Stephanie LazyTown. Classic!

I can't really respond today- it's all interparty. But just to let you know that I would have, if I could have.

Glad you liked the quip.

Queex,
Just to elaborate, in scene 4, Nic is using Enchantment on Benny to keep him from talking, writing, pantomiming, etc. anything about the case to anyone else. But I left the loophole that he could talk to us about it, in case he finds some info out that we may need.

My Influence magic AV is 16 total.

I'll keep the Outcome of the Influence roll secret, for added suspense.

And, just before you all run off, you still haven't asked Mr. Thomas what he heard his daughter say...

We were hoping that Arthur might have gotten that from him by now, but seeing as Guy-1 is no longer with us, you may have to NPC him.

Given that we know that Mingxia is still alive, what do you suppose she had to say to the guy?

I have a horrible sensation that the reality may be a hideous let-down after the build-up :wink:

I might have to revise my ideas...

Todays research is brought to you by:

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

In other news, where are you guys headed next?

Queex,
After Nic sees Benny off the grounds, Nic takes a minute to try his Inspiration effect (Influence schtick, AV 16) to send Mingxia an image of us looking for her, before he goes to get in the car.

If it works, Nic wants her to know that it's a sending from him, per the description, and not some imaginary thought of her own. Nic just wants her to know that someone's on the case, and we're coming for her. Hopefully it'll boost her morale, if it works.

Nic's using the photograph with Mingxia and her friend in it as the personal item for sending the image, if Nic thinks that's "personal" enough.

Great site! Hmmm ... I think we're talking something like Hard Acid Techno, for Ming, don't you?

I settled on, what was it? Gao techno or something.

I'm going to change scenes, now. A bit of a breather for character expression and planning.

Queex,

After lunch at the diner, Nic is using his Sorcery contacts to make some calls and see if anyone in the magic biz locally has heard of a sorcerer in town that may be involved in kidnapping Mingxia. Just to see if anything turns up.

Just for everyone's information, I started a new job yesterday. So if I seem a bit sluggish in dealing with things, that will be why. Long term, it shouldn't have much impact on things.

[color=darkblue]Well, congratulations on the new gig. Hope it's something you really wanted! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thought you'd appreciate a little dramatic outburst from Huang here.

And if I overstepped things a little with the waitress returning, I apologize.

Not at all- consider the Waitress set dressing.

Although I hope you don't mind me emptying Huang's wallet a little more, there...

I enjoyed that. With Huang's unintentional goof-up of Ming's name (which I had no choice but to run with because of that damn edit function not being there) and now this, Huang's contributing quite ably to the comedic parts of the show in addition to the melodrama that I tend to go for with a lot of my characters (this is Feng Shui, after all).