Cast and Director Commentary

Just so I'm clear, is the next destination the site of the disappearance or the friend's house?

I voted for the site of disappearance.

I'm angling for the site where Mingxia disappeared as well.

I was beginning to get worried about this game.

???

Four days without a reply from anyone. Not a good sign in my book.

Yes! Crime scene, then Sarah's house, then strip joint!

Oh, wait... wrong notes... :laughing:

Probably my fault. Being new at this and all, I'm never sure when the story is waiting for other characters to respond or some outside factor to rear its head.

A new scene has begun, anyway.

Well, Queex said he'd just started a new job. And I'm afraid I don't often check email on weekends.

Hee hee hee! I loved Ming's little quip at the end of Scene 4, though I doubt that Huang would.

Speaking as a player, the Ascended, who control the cops and most crime syndicates, would certainly be ruthless enough to do that kind of thing for the purpose of recruiting agents with promises of taking vengeance on the scum responsible (for criminal types like the Killer) or bringing them to justice (for law-enforcement types like the Maverick Cop). That's a nice little character idea right there.

But then again, the Ascended are not the biggest fans of sorcerers or supernatural critters, to whom both Nic and Huang have suffered a personal loss, as it is.

Looks like I'm in need of an edit on that last IC post I made, since Ming's already found a place to park.

At any rate, I'm thinking of checking the general store out first. I'd also like to look into the garages -- they're certainly out-of-the-way enough to hide someone if you're a bastard who's into kidnapping teenage girls, and it should provide just enough privacy for a ritual.

Also, the action freak in me is seeing that general store as a good place for a big fight to go down. Lots of fruits and veggies that can go a-splodey in slow-mo and lots of improvised weapons for the more kung-fu inclined to use (though Nic may have to be the one contributing to that particular department since both Ming and Huang are gunbunnies).

I'm going to take as read the car being reparked near the shop, for now. Nic and Ming Shi can have crossed to it on foot while Huang gets it off the road.

I think it's time to introduce some more action into the game ... some Kung Fu action! :wink:

You know, the shop was a throwaway... although it's taken on new significance now.

grumble grumble players grumble grumble forging off into the distance grumble grumble

I'm just about ready for some action myself. Though knowing Ken Huang, it's probably going to involve lots of guns going off and lots of things going boom in slow-mo rather than anything involving kung fu (since I do believe that's Nic's specialty anyway).

Huang's signature weapon is still in the car, and it's a bit big for the jacket that he's currently wearing (it's not one of those big longcoats like Chow Yun-Fat wore in the first two Better Tomorrow flicks, and the biggest gun it'll hide is Concealment 3), so barring some extraordinary circumstances, Huang is going to be using the dual M9s when the first big fight goes down.

Proceed directly to the fight. Do not pass weiqi. Do not collect 200 HK$.

As I'm working now, when the fight kicks off I will probably only process sequences at home in the evenings. So if I seem later than usual it may be just that.

Incidentally, the 3.99 price tag on Huang works out at 51 cents. A real bargain.

As mentioned in my last post, Huang doesn't like the idea of Nic going off alone into a dangerous area. He and Nic may both share a certain warrior outlook toward things (particularly when it comes to demons), and Nic is more than proving himself as an investigator, but Huang hasn't seen the guy in action yet, and from his standpoint, Nic's still a rookie.

Maybe things will change once Huang does see what Nic can do...

Once Nic clues Huang in on the Influence effect, any idea how to pull off the entry? Is the door one of those roll-down affairs, does it slide sideways, or is it one of those doors that can be opened with a good hard kick (Huang's preferred method of entry :smiley:)?

Nic's AV for the Purification effect on the garage is 12.

I had envisaged it as one of those up-and-over affairs, so the quickest entry involves rolling underneath the rising door. Unless anyone can come up with something cooler.

We might want to hold off until Michelle posts again, in case there's something she wants to do before the door opens.

I was kinda waiting for Ming to have her say as well.