Cast and Director Commentary

Nic is casting Prediction using the coins, in the garage. Divination AV is 14.

The exact answer he's looking for is to the question "Where is Mingxia Tomas now?".

You realise, of course, that tomorrow morning I'm going to have to spend ages finding exactly the right hexagram for the situation...

Damn you...

And that, everybody, would be the start of the fight. I would like to thank you all for walking into the ambush so unhesitatingly.

So, sequence-at-once order via PM and I'll write up the first sequence the first evening I've got them all in. Good luck!

You know, this is one of those days when Huang really hates being on Section 44. He's probably going to be cursing everyone responsible for consigning him to this goddamn crazy-ass weird division as he's gunning down the bugs. :smiley:

Phew. First sequence out of the way. I hope I did a good job of running you all for it. I moved some the actions into the sequence and made you consume initiative for them.

Also, I bet you're all very glad that Ming took the trouble to open the door properly rather than forcing it.

Yeah, Queex, the first sequence was well done indeed! Good narrative, good action.

And BTW, the oaths that Huang rattled off in the first sequence hail from this site on Chinese spoken in Joss Whedon's Firefly.

Very nice, Queex! :slight_smile:

Perhaps I should point out that the little beasties have 'Group Attack' and 'Fragility' from the forthcoming Glimpse of the Abyss. Just in case you were looking at the numbers and getting confused by them.

Needless to say, their whole sticking-to-you thing is a unique schtick.

You know, I thought I recognized the trappings of Glimpse, but didn't want to say anything in case I was reading too much into it. I was a playtester (as I assume Queex was), and these critters/ schticks sounded vaguely familiar... 8)

Fragility...that mean these bugs don't require as much of an Outcome to take out as regular mooks?

Probably good to know, as all Huang's likely to do against regular Outcome 5 mooks with his MA skill is whiff and knock them around a bit without taking them out of the fight. Good to see that little two-gun swat trick was enough to take out that first little bastard outright without the follow-up shot.

Initially, I was going to use Fortune rolls to see who got the unwelcome surprise, but a botched Perception check was a better opportunity.

I've got everyone's intentions for the next sequence, but I won't have time to run it until Thursday evening (UK time).

In the meant time, here is some music.

(doo wop)

A sequence of highs and lows, there, both of them from Huang. Nic definitely got the worst of it. The next scene will probably be the hospital.

You should be able to polish off the beast in less than a sequence, now. Hope this isn't getting dull.

[color=darkblue]Lighting a garage on fire, then getting stomped, shot, and beaten by a brick monster hardly qualifies as 'dull'... :wink:

Ouch. I have a feeling that Huang is going to get yelled at big time when this fight's over. Even if it was an accident, I don't think Richardson's going to be very forgiving about him putting a bullet into one of his own people. Unlike a regular police superior, though, at least Richardson will understand where Huang is coming from. Either way, sorry Nic! :blush:

Aaaaaah, it's all part of the job. 8)

Nic gives people a hard time for using guns, but that's just 'cuz he's not good with them himself, and they often didn't work against the kind of enemies he was up against.

But you gotta figure, in his line of work, he's been hurt by worse before. :smiley:

Am I to take Ming's in-forum post as a set of orders, or are there more forthcoming? Just checking.

Yep, that's my action. Keep firing.

Sorry for the delay- my car broke down Monday evening and I've been running around like a loon trying to get it sorted.

If I don't manage to process the (hopefully last) sequence tonight, I definitely will tomorrow.