Cecilio ex Bonisagus, the Younger

She has three living family members with the GIft, head cannon is her Aunt's is from a Homunculus, but the storyguide should feel free to change that if it shows up. The "line of gifted" is one of those long, long ago deals and even if it was the case its certainly not now since by Blood she isn't descended from them anyway.

Edit: Anyway, the point is the Gifted family isn't a thing in the present other. It also kind of acts as a tie in to Silveroak's fertility magic if he wants. Daughters always getting the Gift? I know what that sounds like!

That's still four Gifted people in three generations of a family, which is quite a lot.

Yeah, but it is just bckstory that cannot be proven and npcs tht will prolly never show up in game. ceciio could have been ied to. or maybe there is something to it. the world may never know.

Or maybe they initiated non gifted jerks into a magical tradition like hedge witches and the people had the delusion they had the Gift because they could do magic and nobody liked them...

Bazinga.
:mrgreen:

Thinking about the one-in-then-thousand thing (which is cannon)...
Europe in the High Middle Ages, 1100-Plague, had a population around a hundred to a hundred-twenty million. Go will 100 million. One in 10k (or .01%) means there around ten-thousand giften individuals in Mythic Europe. Twelve-hundred are magi in 1220, say 2000 by 1240 in our saga. Tha leaves eight thousand or more Gifted that are not magi. Hedge Wizards, Potential Apprentices, Orphaned Wild Talents. They are out there and they out number magi.

Alright, I think I'm about ready to make the jump to an updated 1242 sheet.

First a custom Item:
[strike]Chalice of Blood
CrCo(Vi) 25 One Use/Day, 0 Penetration
Range: Touch Duration: Sun Target: Ind
This is a Chalice carved from Bloodstone, this fills with human blood upon command. The blood is suitable for any mystic purposes regular blood is, although when the duration of this effect end, there will likely be side effects. For example, a faerie who feeds on blood would find their thirst unquenched again when the sun sets. For hermetic magi the main benefit is corpus research adding 1 to both a lab's corpus specialty and experiment specialty.
Base 5 +1 touch, +2 sun, +1 vim Req
Original Research: Fertility Magic - mainly because its blood and fertility magic can affect traits passed down by blood[/strike]

Then a couple custom spells:

Clean Room - PeVi - 10
Range: Touch Duration: Mom Target: Room
All infernal creatures in the room lose 5 from their infernal might score
Base 3 +1 touch +2 Room
Original Research: Some yet, undefined improvement for fighting demons. If any break through points are gained Cecilio will write out copies and distribute appropriately. Progress goes in little steps.

Ritual for a Healthy Babe - CrCo - 30
Range: Self Duration: Mom Target: Ind, Ritual
This ritual has no effect unless cast by a pregnant Maga. Her yet unborn child has its stamina increased by one, to a maximum of zero. At least that's the hope. Even if the spell works it would be difficult to tell if it was effective.
Base 30
Original Research: Fertility Magic

Cecilio
1238:
Write Mastery Tractatus on The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch - Adventure XP?
Practice Mastery of Gentle Touch of the Purified Body and The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch - 10xp Mastery Gentle Touch of the Purified Body and 4 xp The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch
Write Mastery Tractatus on Gentle Touch of the Purified Body - 2 scribe xp
Study Corpus Hermeticum 12xp Magic Theory
1239:
Practice Mastery of The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch - 14xp Mastery
Study Secrets of the Earth 17 terram xp
1240:
Study On Transmutation 13xp Muto
Invent Clean Room - PeVi - 10 and Demon's Eternal Oblivion - PeVi - 5
Enchant Chalice of Blood CrCo(Vi) - 25
1241:
Study The Art of Destruction 15xp Perdo
Study Breath of the Sky 19xp Au
???

Purity
1238:
Set Up New Lab
Set Up New Lab
Refine Lab
1239:
Refine Lab
Add Spacious, Greater Feature*2 (+6 Experimentation) Elementary (Experimentation) Greater Focus (+4 Experimentation)
1240:
Add Extensive Stores.
Write Tractatus on Brawl Q12 - Wolf Style
Assist in Lab
Assist in Lab
1241:
Set Up New Lab
Set Up New Lab
Assist in Labwork
Assist in Labwork

Lab Totals: By the time Cecilio starts her lab work, both her and purity will have gained another level of magic theory. Putting them at 8 and 6 respectively, when their specialties apply. They both have +2 intelligence. The lab nets +10 for the experimentation activity, but -4 general quality for a total of +6. Inventive Genius is another +6 when experimenting. Since the lab only allows for experimenting we have +30 before arts or shape and material bonuses. Which is enough to make the Perdo Vim spells in one season.

The Chalice of Blood can get +8 in shape and material bonuses, another 11 from creo, and 3 from vim for 52. Also enough for one season.

With Ritual for a Healthy Babe she'll have another +5 to corpus from the items for lab work and another +1 from experimentation, assuming the Chalice of Blood comes out right. +11 from Creo and +6 from corpus goes all the way to 53. Then with the aura and the bonuses from the risk modifier and the simple die it might hit 60 or it might fall short, so that will take one or two seasons. Its also possible that the other magi won't want to count practicing healing rituals in the hospital as a season of service so another season might need to get inserted somewhere. And if she does get any breakthrough points that will push everything back a couple seasons too.

Is that all good? Did I make any mistakes? That happens a lot.

Anyway, so if that's all good, and I made no errors, we just need to figure out the place were Cecilio sets up her lab, and then start dice rolling to see how the experiments go.

This is where I get into trouble a lot :mrgreen:. I get confused easy and depend on others to be rules sharks. And I tend to okay goofy stuff & nitpick legit minute details.
It all seems good. I don't know about substituting for all magic uses for blood. But I cannot think of any legit uses to begin with.
Get two other players to approve these things and you are okay by me.

Looks like Fleur will want to swap some lab texts- technically as Bonisagus you can look at them anyways, but she is willing to put in some time into writing them legibly if she will get to advance her own research more quickly...
Was time put in to stabilize this research? (One of the advantages of ancient magic inspiration is not having to take the risks of stabilizing original research)

Boy, this all makes me wonder if Lucas should jump on the bandwagon of Fertility research. He's certainly got the Arts for it. And it's an area of magic that he'd be keen to learn more about.

It would also help move things along more quickly.

This is a tentative plan and nothing has been rolled yet, so we don't know if there will be a breakthrough or not. If there IS one, Cecilio will stabilize it than copy out the lab text. Everything else will basically get pushed back two seasons.

Part of the reason I ask is that with original research if you do get a discovery you have to repeat the lab... and you also have to experiment to do research.

She'll repeat the experiment if she gets a discovery. But before rolling we don't know if she'll get any discovery. She is definitely experimenting though. Her lab set up will only allow for experiments.

The "original research" bit at the end of the things is only if I'm lucky enough for a breakthrough. Does that make a little more sense? Can I count you as approving?

certainly. I'm hoping you get a breakthrough on the chalice so I can make one for my lab and advance my understanding of Fertility magic at the same time...

Marko Markoko, I've considered your input on the Chalice and have slightly changed it, for the better I think. Mainly I think its a little clearer? To slightly explain my logic, there is a vim requisite, which is why it might work for magical purposes, but that's not really Hermetic Magic's area, so it might not. So its theoretical. From a mechanical standpoint as an item to assist in lab, its pretty inefficient with five levels "wasted" and a requisite?

Chalice of Blood
CrCo(Vi) 25 One Use/Day, 0 Penetration
Range: Touch Duration: Sun Target: Ind
This is a Chalice carved from Bloodstone, this fills with human blood upon command. Theoretically, the blood is suitable for any mystic purposes regular blood is, however ultimately this is up to the discretion of the storyguide. Furthermore, when the duration ends anything that used the blood may suffer, much like using any temporary product of Creo magic, such as eating temporary food, or using temporary bricks to build a wall.

For hermetic magi the main benefit is corpus research adding 1 to both a lab's corpus specialty and experiment specialty.
Base 5 +1 touch, +2 sun, +1 vim Req
Original Research: Fertility Magic - mainly because its blood and fertility magic can affect traits passed down by blood

If it is just fluff to explain how an item affects lab characteristics, i am fine with that. as long as the level meets the need and it is seni plausible. i would do the same.
i started to get paranoid that you are trying some blod and sacrifice magic from the infernal :slight_smile:

Strictly speaking I'm not sure you need the Vim in there, but if it the theme you're after then excellent.

I'm wondering what Camillus Aurelius' (Mr. Spooky) reaction would be...

Alright I think I have enough approval? Anyway, I did the rolls.

First the risk modifier was +2, and original research let's you choose how much you apply to some degree.

First Lab Season: Stress roll, was 8 obviously the full +2 is applied for a total of 10. Discovery! The simple die was a one. This means the second season in the lab is stabilizing the unknown. Third season is the chalice, and the fourth season is Ritual for a Healthy Babe

Second Lab Season: The second stress roll was 8, the +2 still applies for a total of 10. Discovery stabilized!

Third Lab Season: Stress roll was 4, again apply the +2 for a total of 6. Side effect! Got a 4 on that for a minor side effect. The simple die was a one. Again. Chalice enchanted!

Fourth Lab Season: stress roll was a 5. Only applying +1 for a total of six. Side effect! Rolled a five on that for a minor side effect. Simple Die was eight. This makes the final lab total Creo(11)+Corpus(6)+Inventive Genius(6)+MT-Cecilio(8)+Int-Cecilio(2)+M.T.-Purity(6)+int-Purity(2)+Lab Experiment Specialization(11)-Lab General Quality(-4)+Lab Corpus Specialization(5)+Risk(1)+Simple Die(8)+Aura(?)=60+ Ritual for a Healthy Babe invented!

From an IC standpoint I did great! Breakthrough on the demon blasting spells. But since Cecilio has no real intention of finishing that its really a season down. But its still more than a lot of magi contribute in the never ending war against the infernal.

Cecilio
1238:
Write Mastery Tractatus on The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch - Adventure XP?
Practice Mastery of Gentle Touch of the Purified Body and The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch - 10xp Mastery Gentle Touch of the Purified Body and 4 xp The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch
Write Mastery Tractatus on Gentle Touch of the Purified Body - 2 scribe xp
1239:
Practice Mastery of The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch - 14xp Mastery
Study Secrets of the Earth 17 terram xp
1240:
Invent Clean Room - PeVi - 10 and Demon's Eternal Oblivion - PeVi - 5
Stabilizing the Unknown
1241:
Enchant Chalice of Blood CrCo(Vi) - 25
Study The Art of Destruction 15xp Perdo
Study Breath of the Sky 19xp Au

Purity
1238:
Set Up New Lab
Set Up New Lab
Refine Lab
1239:
Refine Lab
Add Spacious, Greater Feature*2 (+6 Experimentation) Elementary (Experimentation) Greater Focus (+4 Experimentation)
1240:
Add Extensive Stores.
Write Tractatus on Brawl Q12 - Wolf Style
Assist in Lab
Assist in Lab
1241:
Assist in Lab
Set Up New Lab
Set Up New Lab
Assist in Labwork

In 1242 she'll be writing out a bunch of lab texts. Any suggestions for side effects?

So what did I mess up? I also wonder what Mr. Spooky would do. Probably get mad after the duration wears off if it does anything at all.

Can you do all that in one season?