Chapter 1: Meetings and Partings

As far as you can tell, it was just a groan.

You turn your backs on him, then, and head out into the night? Staring out into the blizzard, any sane man would worry that he would join Jacopo soon, for the weather is fierce and the tracks are being quickly covered by the falling snow. Ilmari and Winds have not left tracks because they were walking on top of the snow by magic. They are not completely gone, but the going is difficult indeed.

The two of you push through the blizzard, naked and alone together against the elements. The wind howls and beats against you as you walk, and you are forced to trudge slowly through the fresh-fallen snow. It feels strange against your magically protected skin, merely cool to the touch instead of freezing you to your bones. The thinnest layer of magic and luck stands between you and a silent death, lulled to sleep by the blizzard and his grandchildren, the snow and wind.

((The blizzard is taking its toll on everyone. I have made a damage roll and a soak roll for everyone who's out in the elements.
Apple, do you have a ward up? Thanks to a very lucky Soak roll (you just had the luckiest string of rolls I've seen in a long time), you don't actually need one right now, but you may not be able to count on your luck again.

Even with his ward up, Korvin feels the nip of frostbite on his bare skin. He will suffer a Light Wound from the cold, but it was a near enough thing that he can prevent it if he spends a Confidence point.

Feel free to move to The Untrod Path thread if that's the direction you want to go. I have PM'd you the results of your attempts to follow the tracks - you were pretty much successful despite strong opposition, and I want to give you the opportunity to describe your own prowess.))