Chapter 17B - On the Road to Espana

So, quandary here-- Laetitia would probably, knowing there's a covenant nearby, go up to it and request hospitality, probably meet some new people and establish contacts that evening, before heading out in the morning. But I don't want Mark to have to worry about two separate threads bleeding over, or any other logistical problems, so if that would be too much of a hassle, she can just as easily chip a piece off a boulder somewhere (should be an arcane connection that lasts at least a day) and then go home and sleep in her own bed. She'd prefer not to since that leaves her familiar behind, but whatever's easiest.

OOC: You could always ask to spend a day visiting the covenant, spawn another thread, and hop back here when it's done. I'll wait. :slight_smile:

Nah, I don't want people waiting on me!

:laughing:

There is a bed at the Mecere Quarter you can take. Or Carmen may have set you up with something to prove she is a woman of class and decorum. Or you can use LoH to pop home then back here.

Your choice :smiley:

I would SO not trust Carmen. She'd put me in a bed next to a pit of vipers. Or next to the midden heap, and then Creo Auram a breeze so the poop stink keeps wafting in my window. No, I'd ask someone trustworthier than her. Which should be easy since there's probably Infernalists who are less likely to stab me in the face while I sleep :slight_smile:

Mee-YOW!

So it is now the next day. L hops back to the covenant using LoH, Carmen has selected four guards to accompany us, and Estaban is just now waking up (he needs to shave and have his morning coffee :laughing: )

Laetitia makes friendly with the Redcaps to find out which room Esteban is in, and just before dawn, she leaves a medium-sized linen-wrapped package, tied with twine and a delicate purple flower tucked within, on his doorstep. (Inside are a pair of boots made from fine Italian calfskin. She's a Terram maga, she would have lifted a footprint the night before, to get the proper size and fit.)

She then goes downstairs (finds a quiet corner to erect parma) and waits for him in the common room.

Oh, so that's how you want to play it, eh?
Game on! :smiling_imp:

Bitch, yo man ain't my baby daddy.

:laughing:

(( As a bystander ( and far far away too might I add! ) I find this quite amusing. I'm just waiting for Carmen to set the hussy's head on fire :smiling_imp: Or for said hussy to drop Carmen in a large hole. Either way, here's to cat fights! :wink: ))

Wtf, Carmen's an adulteress but Laetitia gets called a hussy?!?

(( Mwahaha? :smiling_imp: Nah I just did it to tease ya. :mrgreen: ' Sides Carmen's scarier, Antonio's kid and all that. ))

What?!? In what way is Carmen an Adultress? She has never got it on with a married man!
She is no virgin though (her secret), so she is a Fornicator. :smiley:
Don't say that to her face though!!!

I thought the medieval church considered premarital sex the same as adultery? Cheating on your future spouse or whatnot.

I am actually not that knowledgable concerning medieval catholocism. I just know that in scripture there is a distinction made between adultery and fornication. For example, prostitution is Fornication, a lesser offense than Adultery. Indeed, several biblical heroines were prostitutes (like that chick who helped out the spies sent into Jerico by Joshua).

OOC: Well as far as Esteban is concerned "hussy" doesn't fit Carmen because he's not getting any (at least yet). In fact he's not so sure Carmen is completely interested. Laetitia on the other hand is obviously interested!

Esteban admires the boots, tries them on, and likes them so much he decides to wear them to breakfast. He has clearly spend some time preening this morning, but he's wearing his dust-stained traveling clothes. "Good morning, sodales!" he calls out cheerfully.

Laetitia waves cheerfully and rises to meet Esteban. "Buongiorno! I have taken the liberty of bringing hot cornettos so we may eat on the road... though I have not seen your friend just yet." In one hand she holds a basket covered with a heavy cheesecloth, and in the other she holds a small linen-wrapped package tied with twine. "I do hope you like the boots. This Spanish soil is so very dusty-- it was wretched, trying to find a good footprint for the sizing... I also made a rosary for the Flambeau. I thought perhaps it would be best for my continued health if I brought a gift for her as well... she seems the sort to be possessive of a man simply because she knows that other women would wish to be courted by him, so I thought it wise not to appear... partial to you." She blushes slightly, then avoids any further discussion on the topic by telling an entertaining tale about how she shaped the marble beads out of a truly dreadful-looking bust that was probably supposed to be Bonisagus (but looked rather more like Birna... in bear form) that had been shoved in a linen closet at Magvillus for decades.

Carmen comes forth dressed in elegance. She is wearing one of her mother's silky gowns (Golda actually is a hussy and an adulteress; Golda and Antonio were already married to other people when they met, and they are still married to those other people; Carmen is technically a bastard).
But anyway, Golda's gown is very flattering; blue silk and lace and hugs every contour and curve.
Dress it up more in your imagination. I am not a fashion designer :laughing:
Add some flowers in her hair too.

This is very uncharacteristically "feminine" for Carmen :smiley: