Chapter 2: Back at the covenant

She does not seem to impressed and reach for her knife at her belt. Get out of my house before things turns ugly! Don’t even thing that your man outside will even have the time to open the door before I slit your throat.

We where mending the roof of the workshop here and he where trying a balance act as boys do madam. I am most grateful for your help. The father of the boy speaks and his is moved to tears.

The crowd around gasp in awe to the wonder they have seen before them and the boy regain his consciousness.

Nestor sighs and makes the woman forget their conversation. Then he waits a few seconds and says: "Are you alright? I just knocked your door and you let me in, and then you seemed to be dizzy for a moment."

ooc: Nestor's signature spell. Deft mentem. Forgetting focus. Loss of but a moment's memory. PeMe 15, casting total: 26 + roll.
Between the forgetting spell, plenty of small-talk and pose the silent question, Nestor will sooner or later find out wha he wants to know. Do you really want to roleplay it out?

OOC: This is the danger of online games, even the slightest conversation can take days…
Thanks for suggesting a shortcut

The woman’s whole story is below and Nestor must use all his verbal skill and some magic to find out what he needs.

The woman (Polona) fell in love a few years ago with a sailor who promised her the worlds. She got pregnant and he disappeared, never to return. She became the village outcast surviving on her few domestic animals and the generosity of lonely men who spends the night in her house. When she was pregnant and had found out that she where alone she walked to the ruin and where thinking about jumping into the sea when a spirit appeared before her. It promised her power to avenge those who had scored her and vengeance on the sailor in return for worship, sacrifice of any further unwanted children and that she made sure that strange items of all sorts where brought as offering (most likely vis by the description). She now had her revenge and the villagers let her be. Her first child must be kept alive so that it can take over her worship some day. She both fear and love the spirit as she does not want to sacrifice her children (there has been one after the first) but then the spirit promises her power so that she can lift her out of her destitute way of life. It is a tragic story and full of bad decisions leading to worse decisions.

When everyone has calmed down Atlas offers to move the boy hack to his house on the Palanquin.
The Stone Palanquin (ReTe 15), casting score of 34 here in the aura, and not stressed, so it will easily succeed.

"I will check on the boy to insure that he heals right but he is not to walk on the leg until it has healed enough to support him. Give him tasks in the home or on the ground that can be done sitting while he heals. Use ropes while working on roofs to insure that you are caught if you would fall. I will not often be near to tend the wounded as I travel far and wide." Kalliste says. These are her people. The ones who make it possible for her to live and study so she does have to tend them.

Nestor takes pity in the woman. He is sure that in a different environment, she could be happier. He laso believes it a good idea to have her close by.
He explains that he is a magus and has the power to drive away spirits. He offers her a job as a servant at the covenant, explaining that covenants are locations that are secured against spirit intrusion. He promises her that the covenant will feed her, clothe her and defend her. He explains that all her children will be given the opportunity of learning how to read and write.

If she accepts the offer, he takes her (and her son) back to the covenant. If she doesn't, he'll erase her memory one last time, and then excuse himself after asking for directions.

ooc:
If she accepts, he'll talk to the administrator back at the covenant, and explain that the woman needs a job.

ooc2: bringing an infernalist into the covenant is a stupid idea, but we are the good guys, aren't we? All this walking/talking is going to take some time.

Nestor’s own household is the only place where this woman can find employment unless any other of the covenants magi wish to employ her. After a walk through the village or around it there is no doubt that the village gossip will have something new to speak of.

--

There will be a new chapter now.

Caput has no interest in employing the woman.

If the child is a boy, if Kristos thinks the child could be turned into a sailor/warrior similar to his other grogs then he is willing to interview the child to see if he is interested in such training. In any event Caput advises Nestor to keep a close eye on both of them, watching for magical influences either from an internal taint or an external power trying to get at them.