Chapter 3: Travel to the covenant in the Novgorod tribunal

The equipment in the top chamber are to study the Imaginem aspect of magic, not by reading tomes upon how to use magic’s but tools to find out how images works and how the mind can be tricked.

Constantia speaks yet again, [color=red]You may stay here at our covenant if you wish. If you wish to return to Ad Fons you can mention to your leader Justus Felix that I will visit sometime in the future. Rather soon I think and that I am interested in vis and plain silver, mostly vis of the animal, herbam and vim sort. For that I can trade copies of books, spells and the magical items that our verditi can produce. Tribunal relations vary much, depending on the covenant. I have an errand that I must discus with your leader. Novgorod is desolate enough to most of the time never need to engage in relations with the Rihne.

[color=red]“As a new covenant, our vis stores are understandably in flux, but in the coming seasons we will surely have some available for trade. When you visit, perhaps you could send a Redcap ahead and we will prepare to greet you properly."

"Is there some message we could take back to Justus on your behalf? If your errand is urgent, surely we could speed it on its way.”

Krispin has no pressing need to stay, although this has been an interesting trip. If we’ve seen all we want to see, he’s ready to head home.

Arf, she didn't fall for it. Too bad. I'd have prefered if we could have another magi coming to Ad Fons :frowning:

[color=blue]Do my poor Novgorod Area Lore tell me something about the relationships between this covenant and the other Novgorod covenants? Or, better yet, how long ago did the current magi settle there?

[color=red]Well, we can surely trade some vis with you for these, especially for such ressources. As per your problem, maybe you could give us some information about it. Not only am I perhaps the more suited to understand your problems, coming from novgorod myself, but, as Krispin said, this would speed things up.
Whatever your choice, we'll be honoured to receive your visit

I'd have liked to speak to the other maguses, although I doubt they'll say much here, especially in such a short time. So, I'd like to return. This place is making me edgy (or maybe it is some bad memories, still out there for me)

Taking a chance, Heinrich moves to kiss the lady's hand and subtly implies flirtation, [color=red]It has been ever my pleasure to sojourn and greet all of you as neighbors. We must throw an inter-covenantal soiree sometime as well as discuss the dry business of trade. Perhaps, with success, it would be an annual border festival. Heinrich winks. [color=red]I'm sure we could make great art together!

Heinrich makes sure to check out the aesthetic works and looks forward to home.

[color=blue]I'm curious about the stone temple like building in the harbor on the way out.

[color=blue]Ardath: No clues what so ever, Novgorod is vast and you can’t remember anything. Even if attempted Constantia limits the access to her soldaes and if you come near them in a sneaky way they won’t talk. Perhaps the fear someone…?

Henrich: There is no access to the temple, which is without any application of sneaky techniques, and the building seems to have a maritime theme many carvings in the stone that resemble ships or water. Constantia flirts back, not with words but a hint in her eyes.

Constantia sees the magi of when they leave port and gives them a note to bring back to Justus. This note isn’t sealed in any way that can be seen, but folded and with a tied knot and a few seals upon it.

[color=blue]Seals that'll turn my hair the color of Venetian mooring poles I'll warrant. :laughing: Heinrich will be leaving the letter be! : )

[color=red]I think we will come back to Ad Fons now. There's no point in prolonging our stay anymore, not now that this first contact has been established. I thank you for your hospitality and kind welcome. You have done great things here, and I must compliment you for your achievements. I am sure our covenants will benefit from each other, your wisdom being traded for our ressources.
You can also trust me to ensure your message reach Justus Felix.

[color=blue]Well, I won't open the blasted thing, but I will be more rassured it it is read by someone other than justus.

Max: Oh, no, I just think they're just too shy to speak to a beautiful young maga like me :wink: