Chapter 3d: A Twist and a Turnaround

"You two will be in here," Konrad says to Baldwin and Gerhard. "Settle in as best you can, and make sure that the laboratory equipment is taken care of. I'm going to go with Japik up the hill." He looks down at his nephew. "Tom, I want you to stay with Baldwin for now. You can get settled with the others down here. Once we figure out permanent arrangements, we can move you closer to me." Then, after taking a look at the inn and making sure that Tom is comfortable with the situation, Konrad returns to Japik.

"I'm ready to go," he says eagerly. "And I could use the chance to really stretch my legs after the sea journey."

OOC: Just waiting for Japik to show off the covenant.

Japik introduces Konrad and his followers to Dietlinde and Yulia or whoelse is at the inn currently. Then when Konrad is finished checking it out the two magi walks towards the stairs leading up to Oberland. Japik is starting to get used to it but the climb really is a strain to the legs.

As they come up to the plateau they set course for the oak and the surrounding hills and construction site. They avoid the village and any herders they may see, but Japik points it out for Konrad and tells him that is the only other inhabitants close to us so we need to keep good relations with them. So far it's been going quite well.

Then as they approach the magic aura and the buildings Japik says with an impressed look on his face "This really starts to shape up. Some walls and a roof and that's it.", he laughs. To Konrad it probably looks like a big mess with the large building only having a foundation, if that, and then two smaller buildings that looks nothing like the ones he may be used to on the mainland. The view out over the sea to the west is stunning though, as is the wind that comes the same way.

"Welcome to Visum Ventosa. Let's see if the others are around." he says and starts looking for Prochorus and Herman.

OOC: Sorry, I missed that it was my turn to post in this thread.

"Humble beginnings," Konrad admits when he sees the foundation of the new covenant. "But every covenant had to have its start sometime." He pauses and looks at the view. "And it will be worth a little discomfort if I get to wake up to this view every day." Of course, he might say differently when a storm was blowing. But for now, he was just enjoying the vista.

"What will the arrangements be in the three buildings?" he adds. "I assume that the larger one is for whatever labs and sanctums will fit in it. Are the smaller ones for grogs or magi?"

"For now most of the grogs live down at the inn, as you saw,while the magi live up here. We have one lab in one of the small houses. Herman spends most of the time there. Lothar the Stonemason and his apprentice is also stationed here during the construction so it's a bit crammed, but it should get better. We have plans to build another house like that big one, then we should have enough space for four labs and living space for the same amount of magi, plus council room and potentially a library. If we ever gather enough books to fill more than one shelf", he laughs loudly.

"Come.", he says and walks to the smaller house where the lab is located.

"It looks impressive," Konrad says, focusing once more on the structures, "given what you had to start with."

"As for labs," he adds, "I can help with that once we have the space. I brought most of a lab with me from the mainland. Mostly I need some large fixtures, which I hope I can get made here on the island. But then we'll have two labs running. Can't have two Bonisagus magi and only one lab." He grins then follows Japik to the smaller house.

OOC: We have a drawing of the top of the hill as it originally was. Would it be possible to get it updated to show where the buildings are?

(OOC: Added the sketch that Wits had updated a while ago to the covenant description topic.)

"So, I'll he housed in one of these smaller buildings for now?" Konrad asks. "Tom is fine on a pallet on the floor for now. So he shouldn't be a bother."

OOC: So, is this thread tapped out? I'm not sure how long the guided tour can stretch out.

OOC: I don't know either. We can roleplay it some more if you like but you know as much as us, and Japik will show Konrad everything that is important. There are no secrets anymore so he knows as much as the original characters do. We only need to settle the timeline a bit since we have several stories going on at different times, some may even be from the spring. I hope Arthur knows this better.

OOC: I'll keep it active until we introduce Flavius' magus, but for now there seems little more to add there.

(OOC: Changed my mind. I'm closing this thread. When Flavius' magus arrives, I'll use a new thread.)