Chapter 6a A time of Wolves

The intangible tunnel to the Wolf opens without any problems.

I am not sure what is being done with the intangible tunnel , so I need to find out before things progress.

Sorry, I been away and have not yet had the time.

Justus will try this first.

Send a thought to the wolf. Meet Justus in front of the covenant gates tonight or die. CrMe Base 3 +1 touch +1 diameter, total level 5. Cr + Me 11 + 2 voice and gestures + 3 aura = 16+dice/2, penetration 3 including arcane connection.

Then Justus will wait at the gates at the night.

The Wolf is not a valid target for Mentam magic , as it possesses cunning , you would need an animal spell . However that spell did penetrate its magic resistance a base 2 ReAn Spell could plant a suggestion to bring the wolf to the Covenant gates.

I will presume that you do this and that the other magi and some guards are available to support you.

Krispin joins Justus and the guards in awaiting the wolf, in part to see what happens and in part to protect it from harm if it turns out to be an innocent in this.

[color=red]Soldaes, wolves can smell you so remain hidden from sight, sound and smell. As long as I have this arcane connection I could engage this wolf in combat proven that it is a foe. Justus tries to get some rest before he seeks out the wolf. He keeps a staff nearby when encountering the wolf.

[color=red]I think I should be able to come openly with you without the wolf taking leave.

It'll also be easier if I must support you.

Mariella joins Krispin on the wall overlooking the mages outside along with a few grogs who congegate on the opposite side of the gate to Mariella. Ardeth and Justus wait outside the gate of the covenant in the snow, as they wait the sun sets and they have just finished restoring their parma magica's .
Then a Howl comes from the forest answered a few seconds later by more howls , and then half a dozen wolves emerge from the forest their leader is a great white wolf easily double the size of the other wolves. Justus can feel that this wolf is the one he has an arcane connection and has a magic might of it's own , both he and Ardeth can sense that all the wolves are possessed by the same spirits as those which possessed the grogs.
The Wolves stalk closer , growling meneacingly.

On the all above Krispin can see that Mariella does not quite have her normal composure, it seems to him that the presence of the wolves is angering her. It would seem her temper is on the edge of boiling over into action.

[color=red]Okaaay... Just keep cool justus, everything's gonna be alright.

The wolves continue to approach reaching to within about 10 yards of Justus and Ardeth they continue their menacing growl and as they get closer their bared teeth and white foam around their muzzles can be seen.

Justus tries to keep his cool and starts as soon as he can see the white wolf to comprehend its magic. Justus then begins to cast a spell. Can we in any way sense the spirits so that we can target them with a spell?

Ardeth can see the spirits with second sight, Justus can sense the spirits with his magic sesnisitvity seperatly from the wolves, the white wolf is the only complicated one as he can sense its magic and the spirit but even then he can distinguish between the two.
Krispin and Mariella probably have no way of sensing the spirit although an InVi or InMe spell may allow them to do so

[color=red]Now soldaes shall we target the spirits and hope that solves our problem? Ardath you and I target the spirits and blow them into the abyss. Krispin and Mariella use your spells to stop the beasts from attacking us. If possible don’t harm the wolves I think they are innocent in this.

If Justus idea is approved of he will start targeting spiteful spirits with Sap the griffins might, starting with the giant wolfs possessing spirit.

Sap the griffins might Lv 5 PeVi + Sta + Voice and gestures 22 + dice and penetration 3.

[color=red]Fine
[color=blue]I target the minor spirits. Same spell, casting total +14 + 2 voice and gestures, + 2 penetration (penetration total 13+die)

Krispin uses Entwining Vines to hold the wolves back if possible.

Sometime before the fray, if there is a lull, Krispin will silently put a calming hand on Mariella’s shoulder. If it looks like she’s about to do something stupid, he will be ready to try to talk her out, perhaps using his Communication to help her control this potentiallly supernatural influence.

As the wolves seem poised to spring Krispin is the first to get off a spell entangling the lead wolf and two of it's four followers. Justus then targets the spirit possessing the white wolf sapping the strnegth of the spirit, Ardeth targets a spirit possessing one of the free lesser wolves and see's it weaken. The leading wolf breaks free from the entangling vines and the two woves who where not entangled race forwards towards Ardeth and Justus . The grogs on the wall are slow to react but are able to ready their bows.

Mariella casts a spontaneous spell and all five wolves drop to the ground torn by thousands of invisible blades. (All take incapacitating wounds).
Mariella sags seemingly more drained than would be expected after a spontaneous spell, she seems barely concious.

Justus fast cast a ”The wizards boost” on his sap the griffins might and tries to blow a spirit possessing a wolf into the abyss.

The wizards boost MuVi 20 -10 fast cast + dice = (10+dice)/2

Sap the griffins might Lv 5 PeVi + Sta + Voice and gestures 22 + dice and penetration 3.

The boosted spell from Justus , seems to cause the spirit possessing the maimed whitwe wolf to drain away, a second casting of the spell from ardeth drives the spirit from another wolf.
Justus and Ardeth get an impression of some remenant of the spirit fleeing to the north.
The wolves seem to be busy bleeding .(All are incapacitated)

Krispin sponts the most powerful CrAn healing spell he can on the lead wolf to boost its recovery roll. It may yet be blameless in this.

He then looks Mariella over carefully with his trained healer's eye, trying to ascertain her physical state without magic. How much more tired than usual does she seem? Could it have been caused by something other than the spell she cast?

[color=red]Krispin, Justus hesitates,[color=red] there is something wrong with Mariella… Her spontaneous magic where of the eight magnitude. She can’t handle such great power. I will try to track the fleeing spirits.

Justus tries to cast a spell that will give him the direction to the spirits. InVi Base 3 (I used the InCo as a guide) +2 voice +2 sun; total level 15. In + Vi 20 + 2 voice and gestures perhaps +3 for aura and a dice.